The Caverns bridge is back in town!

I went through the Caverns earlier and remembered reading this topic back when the Act 4/Malachai hate threads were just pouring into the forum (since I was hanging out in F&S at the time). I am glad to see it is still breathing and I must put forward my vote in favour of the idea. Bring back the water bridge!
"
Raleiyn wrote:
I would always stop with my boyfriend (we play together) and we'd jump around and cast spells and race my zombies back and forth across the bridge.

We always looked forward to coming up on that bridge it is seriously my favorite place. Please bring it back! :( I don't see why it was taken out in the first place, poor bridgy wasn't hurtin' anybody

wtf did i just read? eyerolls :O
My_Bloody_Valentine
Last edited by Rangers on Jul 29, 2015, 1:41:21 PM
"
Rangers wrote:
"
Raleiyn wrote:
I would always stop with my boyfriend (we play together) and we'd jump around and cast spells and race my zombies back and forth across the bridge.

We always looked forward to coming up on that bridge it is seriously my favorite place. Please bring it back! :( I don't see why it was taken out in the first place, poor bridgy wasn't hurtin' anybody

Sounds like two starry-eyed gamers losing themselves in immersion in a video game one could get lost within.

Sounds like something special to me.
"
Cappabitch wrote:
I went through the Caverns earlier and remembered reading this topic back when the Act 4/Malachai hate threads were just pouring into the forum (since I was hanging out in F&S at the time). I am glad to see it is still breathing and I must put forward my vote in favour of the idea. Bring back the water bridge!

Thank you for remembering my little thread and for your vote! I've been keeping it alive in hopes to get more +1 in favor for the bridge. :)

"
Rangers wrote:
"
Raleiyn wrote:

I don't know what you just read, but what I just read seemed a biiit tinged with jealousy :O Did you forget games are played to have fun? This isn't league of legends where everyone likes to pretend they are big streamers on a pro-tour run. Or at least I hope it's not becoming that, considering this isn't a competitive (person vs person) game.

haha no but seriously someday you might find someone you can race across the bridge (should it come back!!) too, if you're lucky and keep your eyerolls at people having fun to a minimum!
Last edited by Raleiyn on Jul 29, 2015, 4:49:31 PM
"
Raleiyn wrote:

That's the most romantic thing I've ever heard
"
Cappabitch wrote:
"
Rangers wrote:
"
Raleiyn wrote:

Sounds like two starry-eyed gamers losing themselves in immersion in a video game one could get lost within.

Sounds like something special to me.

Thank you! ;u;
It's gone? why they take out? I liked that too it was a good landmarker.
"
sunshinex3 wrote:
It's gone? why they take out? I liked that too it was a good landmarker.

Yeah I immediately noticed it was missing when I got about 3/4 of the way through the map and didn't see it. After we got to the end we traveled back through all of the areas we hadn't visited yet and we didn't see it anywhere :(

Thank you for your +1!
The process of streamlining the game definitely gave mixed results. On the plus side are better waypoints and some zone layouts are more intuitive now. On the other side is the cut content, like that missing zone from Act 2, Dark Woods and also your bridge.

Weirdly, the sum of the positive and the negative changes have an overall negative impact, in that the game feels smaller now. Literally every zone you pass through now has some content that is on your checklist, there are no transitions anymore. Like absolutely none. Even Weaver got crammed into a tiny spot in Western Forest. Before it had an oftentimes vast area of web-covered forest in Dark Woods, which helped to establish a mood. Now Act 2 got even more forgetable and Act 4 feels totally detached from anything.

I know there are not many guys who play this game for atmosphere, but for that crowd it becomes harder and harder to enjoy it.
Last edited by MoarStuff on Aug 1, 2015, 3:20:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info