PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The Caverns bridge is back in town!

No not the one that is at the very beginning but the super long one about midway through the map. It was a key area when going through that map, and my very favorite place in the entire game.

Please bring the long bridge from the Caverns back, I know it won't take any sort of new coding since you already had it in there before :(

It was one of the places I always looked forward to and it was always a neat little thing that stood out in it's own subtle way. It's good for games to have key landmarks like that.

8/4/2015 edit:
for those of you who do not remember/know what the bridge looked like, I found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxkw152_C2s
the bridge starts at 3:45!

8/15/2015 edit:

I sent a mail referencing this thread as well as everyone's many +1 and contributing bumps and information/discussion and this was the response!:

"Hi Raleiyn,

Thanks for your message. I asked the level designers, as well as our art director about this, and none of us know of a reason why it would have been removed.

We suspect that it got lost somewhere between compressing the two levels of the Caverns into one, but we're all for re-adding it, so hopefully you'll see it soon.

Best regards,
Dan"

The Bridge is making a return! Thank you all for your help and support in getting the Caverns bridge back. I really, really appreciate it C:!
Last edited by Raleiyn on Aug 15, 2015, 9:49:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Raleiyn wrote:
No not the one that is at the very beginning but the super long one about midway through the map.

i liked it too.
my very first impression of that brige was to watch out what comes out of the water :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I would always stop with my boyfriend (we play together) and we'd jump around and cast spells and race my zombies back and forth across the bridge.

We always looked forward to coming up on that bridge it is seriously my favorite place. Please bring it back! :( I don't see why it was taken out in the first place, poor bridgy wasn't hurtin' anybody
I guess this thread is proof that literally anything that's changed will leave someone dissappointed...

I don't see why the bridge was removed though and would not mind seeing it return.
"
Miathan51 wrote:
I guess this thread is proof that literally anything that's changed will leave someone dissappointed...

I don't see why the bridge was removed though and would not mind seeing it return.

I guess this comment is proof that someone will literally always bring negativity to something that had no negativity applied to it in the first place...

My thing about it is that it wasn't hurting anybody so I don't understand why it was removed? I loved that bridge and a few people have posted that share my sentiment.
Last edited by Raleiyn on Jul 15, 2015, 2:19:16 PM
Sending my thread back to the top for more support! Bring the bridge back! ;u;
"
Raleiyn wrote:
"
Miathan51 wrote:

I guess this comment is proof that someone will literally always bring negativity to something that had no negativity applied to it in the first place...

My thing about it is that it wasn't hurting anybody so I don't understand why it was removed? I loved that bridge and a few people have posted that share my sentiment.

Didn't perceive that as negativity. It's true, too. This is why change for the sake of change is never a good thing. People get used to stuff or even, like Raleiyn here, love it. If the change then is even seemingly unnecessary, people might complain. And why not? As long as the complaint is presented in a polite tone, nothing wrong with it.
Back in the beta Charan posted about Kuduku (ledge unique totem) not being on his little hill anymore. Many agreed that he belonged on a hill, and the hill came back.
Then monsters were added to the area right before the Warden's Chambers. Many argued that the area being devoid of any monsters was something that contributed greatly to the atmosphere there, and they were removed.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Raleiyn wrote:
"
Miathan51 wrote:

Didn't perceive that as negativity. It's true, too. This is why change for the sake of change is never a good thing. People get used to stuff or even, like Raleiyn here, love it. If the change then is even seemingly unnecessary, people might complain. And why not? As long as the complaint is presented in a polite tone, nothing wrong with it.
Back in the beta Charan posted about Kuduku (ledge unique totem) not being on his little hill anymore. Many agreed that he belonged on a hill, and the hill came back.
Then monsters were added to the area right before the Warden's Chambers. Many argued that the area being devoid of any monsters was something that contributed greatly to the atmosphere there, and they were removed.

Thanks for your response! I like hearing that GGG did listen to their players and reverted some changes they had made that the players thought took away from the atmosphere.

Because that bridge is, in my opinion, one of the coolest-feeling atmospheric elements in act 2.
building my bridge across to the front page again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info