The Caverns bridge is back in town!

Up we go!
*chanting bridge bridge bridge bridge*
I deeply agree with OP. That bridge was so amazing

I remember when I played World of Warcraft, pre Cataclysm, there was this one Dungeon people rarely did after the first expansion: Maraudon. It was so far off anything, that new players never encountered it. Though it was soo beautiful (not in retrospect though). In fact so beautiful that on RP servers I did guided tours through that x) Anyways, then came cataclym and it got heavily shortened, removed, otherwise changed, i dont remember. But I do remember feeling that something dear to me left the game. It was due to streamlining and reintegrating this deserted zone. Such things happen.

Though the CavernsBridge definitely has a chance on a comeback I hope!
"
goimsikil wrote:
I deeply agree with OP. That bridge was so amazing

I remember when I played World of Warcraft, pre Cataclysm, there was this one Dungeon people rarely did after the first expansion: Maraudon. It was so far off anything, that new players never encountered it. Though it was soo beautiful (not in retrospect though). In fact so beautiful that on RP servers I did guided tours through that x) Anyways, then came cataclym and it got heavily shortened, removed, otherwise changed, i dont remember. But I do remember feeling that something dear to me left the game. It was due to streamlining and reintegrating this deserted zone. Such things happen.

Though the CavernsBridge definitely has a chance on a comeback I hope!

Thank you for your response! I really love it when people post that they miss the bridge too :) It helps garner support for bringing back our dear bridge!

That's a neat story about WoW, I have a friend who plays and goes all over the world to places others hardly ever think to visit. Some of the atmospheres of those undiscovered places feel surreal. I felt that way about the bridge, I always looked forward to it and running across it really put me in the game.
Agree agree!

One of the things I like best about POE is the beautiful artwork. Any change that decreases it should be avoided or reverted.

Thank you and have a wonderful tomorrow.
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Agree agree!

One of the things I like best about POE is the beautiful artwork. Any change that decreases it should be avoided or reverted.

Thank you and have a wonderful tomorrow.

Thank you for your response! Definitely agree, the artwork is stunning and that bridge was just one of the hundreds of things that make POE truly a beautiful and artistically interesting game. :D

Bridge bridge bridge! *chant*
"
Get over it.

...teehee. You have my +1. I'll investigate.

:D! Thank you so much, please do! I really hope we can get the bridge back!

Oh man I'm excited :P
Last edited by Raleiyn on Jul 19, 2015, 10:26:19 AM
Completely agree. Bring back the bridge!

I really wish there was a development manifesto on art and immersion so we could get a sense of how GGG's thinking is evolving.

The changes that have happened so far might seem isolated, but they add up into a worrying trend: any area that serves art and immersion more than gameplay is at risk of removal/streamlining:

Coves
Kuduku's hill
Monsters in warden's chambers
Entrance to spider cave (used to be its own section of forest with spiders and lots of cobwebs)
Caverns bridge
Removal of surface entrance to warehouses
Removal of sewer causeway

The community managed to have some of these changes reversed, but the bigger question is why GGG is trying to fix what isn't broken.

All the above areas were introduced mainly to create atmosphere, showcase the game's awesome art, or make the game world spatially believable and consistent (sewer causeway in particular).

GGG once consciously designed such areas to achieve these goals. The empty areas like warden's chambers and the caverns bridge showed a real understanding of the importance of pacing and breathing spaces in enhancing the aesthetic experience of Wraeclast.

Given their current direction, can anyone see GGG introducing another empty area in a future act? The hallways between Daresso's arenas are brilliant, but will they get the axe one day too?

Last edited by Taohn on Jul 19, 2015, 12:11:06 PM
I understand they wanted to shorten Acts 1-3 overall because of the additional act, but yes, seeing a number of very atmospheric places/zones axed was deeply disappointing.
"
Raleiyn wrote:
"
Miathan51 wrote:
I guess this thread is proof that literally anything that's changed will leave someone dissappointed...

I don't see why the bridge was removed though and would not mind seeing it return.

I guess this comment is proof that someone will literally always bring negativity to something that had no negativity applied to it in the first place...

My thing about it is that it wasn't hurting anybody so I don't understand why it was removed? I loved that bridge and a few people have posted that share my sentiment.

There was absolutely no negativism in his comment... But I guess perceiving negativism when there is none is actually negativism itself though.

He was mostly referring to the fact that pretty much anything in games/real life will find a way to be liked by someone somewhere - which is true. It wasn't intended to mock you or imply that you were complaining or anything, I assure you.

Anyway, I liked the bridge too. Sometimes GGG changes things and you wonder why. Why would they change something that wasn't broken in the first place. I'd like to have it back too. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info