[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"
blazedance wrote:
m8 how crucial will be to drop empower3 and choose armored based tree? No way i can get +1 void on tempest, 10 corrupted attempts atm. Resists will be 85% right?

I should evade double flameblast on normal atziri? And should i aim for lvl 21 purities if no empower there will be in voidbringer.

your resists will be 84. and no, 21 purities will not help you much, so its not needed. with flask you should have 97% max res still, so you should still be very tanky. Yes, souble flameblasts should be avoided at all cost, they have 8% fire pen and deal 40-50 k raw damage (10% pen and 60-80 k on uber version). it will hurt, even with 100% fire resist
Hey, thanks for the build !

Impossible for me on Warbands to get voll's atm, it's a pain to play without or ? (78+ map & atziri for example)

The rest of the gear is okey, just this damn amu missing.

Thanks for reply.

Thx for answer m8. Very appreciating, btw have u considered using Alpha's howl as to reach 23 purities?
"
blazedance wrote:
Thx for answer m8. Very appreciating, btw have u considered using Alpha's howl as to reach 23 purities?

i have 23 purities. If what you mean is to get an easy, cheap way to reach 23 purities, then yes, alphas is very helpfull =)

"
Impossible for me on Warbands to get voll's atm, it's a pain to play without or ? (78+ map & atziri for example)

Well, if you cant get volls, then getting a kingsguard is not reccomended eighter. And without kingsguard, you have no real way of sustaining. So you must get Life leech in your mjolner to compensate, and preferably also vaal pact. Id go for a lightning coil as chestpiece if you cant get a volls amu + kingsguard combo
do you reach 87% resists with your armor build?
"
Krayken wrote:
do you reach 87% resists with your armor build?

86%, 99 % with flasks
ATM I am playing your build on warbands, having a lot of fun with it. I am at the stage though where I can either buy a 6l kingsguard (currently on a 5l, it does fine though), or get a shavs and go low life. The thing is, there are 2 main variations of the mjolner build, the life version (which you are running here) and then the low life version (the most popular being thor's rainbownuke). Before I decide which route to go (Its an excuse for me to run a char using shavs, haven't had one yet :p), I would like to know from your perspective, what are the advantages of life vs low life and what are the disadvantages.

Aside from the fact that low life can run blood magic maps with auras, what other advantages does it have over yours and aside from the kingsguard regen, what advantages does yours have over low life? I don't want to end up making a decision I regret here, because obviously the swap over, if I were to do it, would entail completely changing a large portion of my gear.

BTW, from my perspective, if you are persistent and persevere it isn't too much of an issue collecting the currency to build this on a temporary softcore league, I would imagine the situation would be entirely different on a hc league though. By the time I hit 85, I had acquired all the currency I needed to get all the gear and swap over from a totem build to yours.
"
ATM I am playing your build on warbands, having a lot of fun with it. I am at the stage though where I can either buy a 6l kingsguard (currently on a 5l, it does fine though), or get a shavs and go low life. The thing is, there are 2 main variations of the mjolner build, the life version (which you are running here) and then the low life version (the most popular being thor's rainbownuke). Before I decide which route to go (Its an excuse for me to run a char using shavs, haven't had one yet :p), I would like to know from your perspective, what are the advantages of life vs low life and what are the disadvantages.

Aside from the fact that low life can run blood magic maps with auras, what other advantages does it have over yours and aside from the kingsguard regen, what advantages does yours have over low life? I don't want to end up making a decision I regret here, because obviously the swap over, if I were to do it, would entail completely changing a large portion of my gear.

BTW, from my perspective, if you are persistent and persevere it isn't too much of an issue collecting the currency to build this on a temporary softcore league, I would imagine the situation would be entirely different on a hc league though. By the time I hit 85, I had acquired all the currency I needed to get all the gear and swap over from a totem build to yours.

Somewhere on this topic, there was a guy that said he had tried both low life and life versions and seemed to prefer my build.

To get real, the tankyness and regen capabilities of the life version vastly outperforms the low life version. Since the end game content now really hurst, i had to keep that in mind when making the build. I did try a low-life version myself, but i found the defences to be less than sub-par.

I had already planned out a life based build with kingsguard, so i got my hand on one extremely early, 6-linke dit, and i loved it. it felt much more tanky and much safer than the low life version. I was expecting most people to defoult back to low life, but i wanted a build that could handle any end game content, and after completing uber in my first attempt, i was sold.

with a mjolner, the damage is there no matter what. if your discharge has 10 k dmg or 50k damage, it doesnt matter if you cant survive the content. The low life had more damage, but not by that much. My build can facetank pretty much everything. ive facetanked malachai merciless smash, volls map boss smash, palace dominus smash, etc. Low life cannot do that.

For clearing purposes, the difference is nothing. for longer boss fights, the damage drop is noticeable, but for low life i felt that i was always at the risk of dying in end game maps. I have yet to try map malachai, so i cant say anything about that.

I guess what i am on about is that this build is extremely forgiving and extremely safe, while still dishing out tons of damage. The choice if yours, and if anyone else have information/oppinions about this topic, feel free to contribute =)
"
Viviere wrote:
"

Somewhere on this topic, there was a guy that said he had tried both low life and life versions and seemed to prefer my build.

To get real, the tankyness and regen capabilities of the life version vastly outperforms the low life version. Since the end game content now really hurst, i had to keep that in mind when making the build. I did try a low-life version myself, but i found the defences to be less than sub-par.

I had already planned out a life based build with kingsguard, so i got my hand on one extremely early, 6-linke dit, and i loved it. it felt much more tanky and much safer than the low life version. I was expecting most people to defoult back to low life, but i wanted a build that could handle any end game content, and after completing uber in my first attempt, i was sold.

with a mjolner, the damage is there no matter what. if your discharge has 10 k dmg or 50k damage, it doesnt matter if you cant survive the content. The low life had more damage, but not by that much. My build can facetank pretty much everything. ive facetanked malachai merciless smash, volls map boss smash, palace dominus smash, etc. Low life cannot do that.

For clearing purposes, the difference is nothing. for longer boss fights, the damage drop is noticeable, but for low life i felt that i was always at the risk of dying in end game maps. I have yet to try map malachai, so i cant say anything about that.

I guess what i am on about is that this build is extremely forgiving and extremely safe, while still dishing out tons of damage. The choice if yours, and if anyone else have information/oppinions about this topic, feel free to contribute =)

Well said !!
One last question, assuming I decide to stick with your build, the few times I feel threatened by content it is when there is high physical damage. How noticeable is the switch over to the armour version and should I consider doing so. I can probably grind out the currency, especially if the difference is big enough to be worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info