"
geokun wrote:
hi i just want to ask you if its ok to use a not legacy BOR in this build or legacy BOR is must in this build thx.

BTW NICE BUILD! GLHF

I added a FAQ section. I hope I answered your question.
"
Tactical911 wrote:
Hey there Wenhao,

I told you that I would get back to you to see how things have been progressing so far. I got to say man amazing, loving the build so once again thank you.

currently running 72s/73 Maps, without too much of a problem. I'm a bit of a newb hah so I have died here and there it has not been a total cake walk, but it sure as hell has been fun watching things disintegrate around you.

My current gear as it stands.
Spoiler

Some Numbers
Unbuffed DPS: 21,147.7
Hatred + HOA + HOI DPS: 40,196.6
Hatred + HOA + HOI + Frenzy + Power Charges DPS: 62,531.3

Freaking loving it! I'm still using HOI. I know you dropped it for Arctic Armour, However if i do that then that means i loose the ability to Curse on hit with Herald of Ice, because that does not work with Herald of Ash right? and I don't trust myself to curse a pack before attacking it everytime lol. So for the moment i'm happy with it unless you have another work around?

Here is my tree as it currently stands at lvl 84!

I sacrificed getting those last 2 block nodes Block Recovery and Deflection so i can get a Jewel slot on the tree lol, Yeah I know... More Survivability is probably the way to go!

However I picked up this Jewel and YOLO exalted it lol, gave me the 12% Fire / Lightning Resist. Not the best use of an exalt I get it but it was fun.
Gave me a 3,253.7 DPS Boost just from it!

Wish I had 2 more points to get another Jewel slot going, As I have another that is Similar to it. However running 72/73 Maps, that XP bar just does not move 5% per map pretty much lol.

As of lately, like someone else had mention.. Thinking about getting the Bino's Kitchen Knife, However i'm not 100% sure if it will be a DPS BOOST over my current dagger? If anyone can give me a yes or a no on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Well this has gone on long enough! Thank you once again Wenhao for the build. I will tune in for replies!

It's great to see you enjoying this build. I have updated the guide again and once again, gems, tree has been changed. Don't worry too much about the gems though as the build still functions that same. I have added a full skill and support choice explanation going through my thoughts. Don't waste your regret with the small things I change but get rid of Iron Reflexes, I just think the 4 points are a little wasted.

I now use Hatred + HoI and Arctic Armour.

Power charges are now maintained through CwDT + Assassin's Mark. There is a 3 link now free in the shield slot which you can adapt and have both the CwDT and CoH setup going if you don't feel like the curse is enough.

Last edited by wenhao232 on Aug 9, 2015, 3:59:02 PM
Uhm, Alright interesting. So when you took out Iron Reflex, we go back to having Evasion and relying on it, do you feel like your survivability is still just as good? and has not gone down in maps?

Also, what level should the Cast When Damage taken Gem be? I ask only because I know some builds leave them at lvl 1, or 4/5 etc.

Thank you, Will see If I can try your changes for my self a bit later.
"
Tactical911 wrote:
Uhm, Alright interesting. So when you took out Iron Reflex, we go back to having Evasion and relying on it, do you feel like your survivability is still just as good? and has not gone down in maps?

Also, what level should the Cast When Damage taken Gem be? I ask only because I know some builds leave them at lvl 1, or 4/5 etc.

Thank you, Will see If I can try your changes for my self a bit later.

Iron Reflexes is just not needed as I thought it would be. If it does provide better mitigation, then the difference is minimal from what I can tell.

The CwDT for utility, leave it at level 1 and level gems accordingly.
"
Iron Reflexes is just not needed as I thought it would be. If it does provide better mitigation, then the difference is minimal from what I can tell.

The CwDT for utility, leave it at level 1 and level gems accordingly.

Alright, doing some small testing quickly in the morning before going to work. Will try and provide a detail feedback on tool tips, because to me it really makes no sense.

-----

Having a set up of

Lvl 1 Cast when damage taken
Lvl 19 Assasin's Mark
Lvl 19 Tempest Shield
Lvl 19 Blood Rage

- Assasin's Mark, Tempest Shield and Blood Rage can all be used in the tool tips. Which means that the Cast when damage taken gem is doing nothing for it... Is this the intention?

Switching the level 1 Cast when damage taken gem to a Lvl 19! one that I have, Then the tool tip Switches to [Skill Can't be used] Which means the Cast when damage taken gem is taking over then.

I have done small scale testing with this set-up, Keeping Blood rage going is simple, as well as Keeping the 4 Frenzy charges is also pretty simple. However keeping up the 4 power charges is tough. May have to play around with a different combination of gems on the shield.

Will do more testing when I get home.
Your gems are levelled to far, they must be 34 or lower for a level 1 cwdt.
"
Your gems are levelled to far, they must be 34 or lower for a level 1 cwdt.

Haha I re-read the description of "Cast When Damage Taken" and now it makes sense to me lol, Reading is important kids.

Alright I will do some more testing now that I got my Gems for the most part all in place, then get back to you guys with Before and after impressions.

Ty once again Wen :)

which nodes did you take first when you were leveling duelist nodes or shadow nodes?
Rolled a build based on your tree (but not BoR) and so far I'm having fun with it. Currently level 79. The most annoying thing I have to deal with is mana issues. My 4L Wild Strike costs 37 mana and even though I'm only using Hatred, I can still run out, especially on single target. I assume the fix comes in three forms, assuming you don't use BoR.

1) get a 5L or 6L and add blood magic

2) do more physical damage and leech more

3) take Mana Flows or something similar on the tree

...blood magic would also let me use at least one Herald skill. Curious why initially you picked Ice instead of Ash. I have been leveling both but will have to experiment once I don't have mana issues.

Without BoR and a ~250pdps dagger (base crit chance 7.00), my dps has been something like 34k IIRC. Will have to check. Not sure how you managed that much DPS on a lower base damage dagger. Did you take those screen shots with the flask buffs on? I don't use any of that nonsense currently.

I'm currently using Daresso's Defiance because it seemed to work well with this build and I had one...so I figured let me try. So far so good and I might 5L it so I can use Blood Magic. The "free" endurance charges help with this armor for obvious reasons: phys damage reduction, resists, etc.

The use of two unique items also makes it tougher to get your resists higher but I made some gear changes yesterday and things are a little better. For the longest time I was considering using spectral throw specifically for volatile (x)blood nemesis mods because I kept getting one-shot by them, but really once you get the resists up and have ~4k life, it's fine.

My CWDT setup is using immortal call, increased duration and assassin's mark. This helps me get power charges without a PCoC gem.

I started the build using Chaos Golem and now I am using Flame Golem for the damage. Need to try Ice Golem to see if the extra crit will do better damage-wise.

I haven't been using Blood Rage because technically the build can't sustain it. Is it useable? Yeah, if I keep moving and wrecking everything in sight, I will leech the life back. I need to experiment with this more soon since I just picked up the last regen node.

Also worth noting: I have been using Reckoning, Riposte and Vengeance since the character is a melee character with a high block chance. Not really sure how useful these all are but I DO notice that sometimes enemies will essentially freeze when they come near me because one of those was triggered. For a fast-paced build like this though, I would maybe just stick to one or two if you are looking to fill up some gem slots.

Lastly, I am also using two vaal skills: double strike and haste. haste is awesome for obvious reasons. double strike also provides excellent single target damage when you need it and you can store 3 charges of it, so i like it a lot. Just like any skill, you can support Vaal DS with gems to make it more powerful. So for the guys who were asking about single target, here's a buff for you.
"
wesleykim86 wrote:
which nodes did you take first when you were leveling duelist nodes or shadow nodes?

I went shadow first but honestly, the difference is not huge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info