"
Jugles wrote:
Sotto u care to share build and gear? Trying to save up for a Bino's aswell

Look at OP's build, he made a nice guide. His tree is probably better than mine as I did it in a rush.

As for gear I use Bino's, Bringer of Rain, Maligaro's Virtuosity, Stone of Lazhwar and Atziri's Step, rest of gear is covering resists and going for life + crit as stats. Try and get the jewels with spell block + life + crit multi. Even with that you'll still be v. weak to spells though.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Why Bringer of Rain / Why wild strikes?

Meele Physical Damage only pushes the initial Hit of Wild Strikes, not the resulting explosins/Arcs/etc aka behaves like lightning strikes projectiles
Source: Feedback Thread for Wild Strikes

Also all of those Meele physical damage nodes only benefit single target.

From the wiki on Lighning Strike
"
It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals x% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots 3 projectiles, which deal 70% of the attack damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage).

This means that increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception. Do not be deceived by the tooltip DPS of this skill which will change if you apply a melee-exclusive modifier; the tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee portion of the attack and things that modify that, but not the projectile part of the attack.

That said, passive points that grant Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons for example will in fact affect the projectile attack as well if one is using a one-handed weapon, since it is still an attack that is dealt with a melee weapon (though the damage you're dealing is not actually melee damage). However, Increased melee damage with one-handed weapons would only apply to the melee portion of the attack, as it increases melee damage.

Any flat elemental damage gains from gear, auras, weapons or any other source will apply to both the projectile and the melee portion of the attack.
"
Genotron wrote:
Why Bringer of Rain / Why wild strikes?

Meele Physical Damage only pushes the initial Hit of Wild Strikes, not the resulting explosins/Arcs/etc aka behaves like lightning strikes projectiles
Source: Feedback Thread for Wild Strikes

Also all of those Meele physical damage nodes only benefit single target.

From the wiki on Lighning Strike
"
It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals x% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots 3 projectiles, which deal 70% of the attack damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage).

This means that increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception. Do not be deceived by the tooltip DPS of this skill which will change if you apply a melee-exclusive modifier; the tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee portion of the attack and things that modify that, but not the projectile part of the attack.

That said, passive points that grant Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons for example will in fact affect the projectile attack as well if one is using a one-handed weapon, since it is still an attack that is dealt with a melee weapon (though the damage you're dealing is not actually melee damage). However, Increased melee damage with one-handed weapons would only apply to the melee portion of the attack, as it increases melee damage.

Any flat elemental damage gains from gear, auras, weapons or any other source will apply to both the projectile and the melee portion of the attack.

No, melee physical damage doesn't affect any of the procs (maybe fire hit?).

I use a Bringer of Rain for block and Blind. Blind is especially useful since we attack so quick so it happens often.
"
sandreid wrote:
First of all, thanks for the guide, Wenhao232. Been using it for about a week now and it's really a fun one.

But with that said, I feel like there's a lot of unanswered questions, and the guide, doesn't really go into detail trying give any justification for certain decisions. To name a few of the top of my head:

Why no "Minion Life" or "Blood Magic" linked with the "Summon Ice Golem"?
Since the Golem is going yolo half the time, it dies all the time. Having to remove your auras, recast the golem, and then wait for your mana to replenish, seems really inefficient.

Why don't you have a jump-like ability like "Flame Dash", or even "Lightning Warp"?
Personally, I can't live without one. I switched "Whirling Blades" out with it myself. I use a Quicksilver Flask to get around.

Why do you run with a total of 125% mana reserved?
I might have missed something, but you seem to be running Hatred (50%), Arctic Armor (25%), and Herald of Ice (25%) & of Ash (25%). Thats 125% total, yeah? So, what do you use when, and why? Why not just remove the last 25% of replace it without that could benefit you all the time?

With at least 100% mana reserved, why run with a Mana Flask?
Is this in case that your golem dies, so you can regain your mana quickly, so you can activate your aura quickly again? If that's the case, that seems really unnecessary, and again inefficient.

Why no leveling guide?
Im an experienced player myself, so I had little problems leveling with this guide. But that might not be the case for others. Why not make a leveling section? What do you use as attack before lvl 28? Which nodes do you take first, and why? etc.

Other than that, keep up the good work :)

This guide is not finished yet and I still want to make it very thorough and go through mechanics of Wild Strike, talk about each option and why I did it etc.

If you watch my videos you can see that over time I adjusted the build and some parts is not updated. I'll do that soon when I can.

1. I just don't bother anymore with Ice Golem, it dies way too often and the sockets lost don't justify the DPS imo.

2. I have leap slam faster attacks blood magic brightbeaks in offhand. I should probably add a section on mobility.

3. I run Hatred, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour now. Herald of Ice is just there because I'm lazy to update. :(

4. Same reason as above.

5. SoonTM

But thanks for the feedback, I'll try make it more detailed as soon as possible.
Last edited by wenhao232 on Jul 28, 2015, 5:57:17 PM
"
This guide is not finished yet and I still want to make it very thorough and go through mechanics of Wild Strike, talk about each option and why I did it etc.

If you watch my videos you can see that over time I adjusted the build and some parts is not updated. I'll do that soon when I can.

1. I just don't bother anymore with Ice Golem, it dies way too often and the sockets lost don't justify the DPS imo.

2. I have leap slam faster attacks blood magic brightbeaks in offhand. I should probably add a section on mobility.

3. I run Hatred, Herald of Ash and Arctic Armour now. Herald of Ice is just there because I'm lazy to update. :(

4. Same reason as above.

5. SoonTM

But thanks for the feedback, I'll try make it more detailed as soon as possible.

Awesome! Seems we've come to the same conclusions then :P

Looking forward to it! Will check out all your videos in the mean time :)

Again: Keep up the good work ;)
Razid, Ranger - Standard League \o/
Interesting. I was just going over your build because I was thinking of making something like this myself.

On your current skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DhwUtBbUILgkzDY0OSBGWFHUVIBa_GNsZjhm0G60j9iT9JpUppSoLLOEtgy_MMHw2PTqtOrM94j7PRwZHfkjuSn1MYE1GTZJRR1boVvVbr13yYeJirGLsZU1sjG1sb4RwUnBWcNV07XTxeK59dX3jhNmE74d2idONfY2_joqQG5Vml9CaE5uNnaqfgqOKpn-sZrGztMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwYLC7NE2037Xy9h22sHbbtvU2-fdDeCV4izjn-dU7UHtg-968-r2o_66_xz_3g==

You chose Dual Wield Damage to get to Aspect of the Panther. This node seems completely useless and it might be better taking One Handed Attack Speed on the other side of Aspect of the Panther.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Jul 29, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
"
Paion wrote:
Interesting. I was just going over your build because I was thinking of making something like this myself.

On your current skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DhwUtBbUILgkzDY0OSBGWFHUVIBa_GNsZjhm0G60j9iT9JpUppSoLLOEtgy_MMHw2PTqtOrM94j7PRwZHfkjuSn1MYE1GTZJRR1boVvVbr13yYeJirGLsZU1sjG1sb4RwUnBWcNV07XTxeK59dX3jhNmE74d2idONfY2_joqQG5Vml9CaE5uNnaqfgqOKpn-sZrGztMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwYLC7NE2037Xy9h22sHbbtvU2-fdDeCV4izjn-dU7UHtg-968-r2o_66_xz_3g==

You chose Dual Wield Damage to get to Aspect of the Panther. This node seems completely useless and it might be better taking One Handed Attack Speed on the other side of Aspect of the Panther.

Yes, I'll fix it when I level.
hi i just want to ask you if its ok to use a not legacy BOR in this build or legacy BOR is must in this build thx.

BTW NICE BUILD! GLHF
"
geokun wrote:
hi i just want to ask you if its ok to use a not legacy BOR in this build or legacy BOR is must in this build thx.

BTW NICE BUILD! GLHF

Im using a non-legacy BoR atm at level 82, and it's working fine. I believe I do about 37k DPS with full Power and Frenzy charges. The reason my DPS is that low, is the combination of having a weapon equal to 170dps dagger OP used before, and then the non-legacy BoR.

I don't have as high DPS as I could have had, but then again, Im planning on getting the legacy version asap. Im doing level 73-75 maps with ease. Haven't found any higher level maps, but Im sure I could do those, as well :)

My character (xXXxRazidxXXx):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sandreid/characters/xXXxrazidxXXx
Razid, Ranger - Standard League \o/
Last edited by sandreid on Aug 9, 2015, 5:13:20 AM
Hey there Wenhao,

I told you that I would get back to you to see how things have been progressing so far. I got to say man amazing, loving the build so once again thank you.

currently running 72s/73 Maps, without too much of a problem. I'm a bit of a newb hah so I have died here and there it has not been a total cake walk, but it sure as hell has been fun watching things disintegrate around you.

My current gear as it stands.
Spoiler

Some Numbers
Unbuffed DPS: 21,147.7
Hatred + HOA + HOI DPS: 40,196.6
Hatred + HOA + HOI + Frenzy + Power Charges DPS: 62,531.3

Freaking loving it! I'm still using HOI. I know you dropped it for Arctic Armour, However if i do that then that means i loose the ability to Curse on hit with Herald of Ice, because that does not work with Herald of Ash right? and I don't trust myself to curse a pack before attacking it everytime lol. So for the moment i'm happy with it unless you have another work around?

Here is my tree as it currently stands at lvl 84!

I sacrificed getting those last 2 block nodes Block Recovery and Deflection so i can get a Jewel slot on the tree lol, Yeah I know... More Survivability is probably the way to go!

However I picked up this Jewel and YOLO exalted it lol, gave me the 12% Fire / Lightning Resist. Not the best use of an exalt I get it but it was fun.
Gave me a 3,253.7 DPS Boost just from it!

Wish I had 2 more points to get another Jewel slot going, As I have another that is Similar to it. However running 72/73 Maps, that XP bar just does not move 5% per map pretty much lol.

As of lately, like someone else had mention.. Thinking about getting the Bino's Kitchen Knife, However i'm not 100% sure if it will be a DPS BOOST over my current dagger? If anyone can give me a yes or a no on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Well this has gone on long enough! Thank you once again Wenhao for the build. I will tune in for replies!
Last edited by Tactical911 on Aug 9, 2015, 11:23:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info