Abyssal Cry

Seems like the aoe is nonexistent. I tried with 56% inc aoe on tree and a lvl 18 inc aoe gem (just happened to be there) to lessen amount of corpses in some fights, feels like it's still not hitting anyything.
Pretty much. You have to be close enough to kiss them to have any effect it seems.
"
biyte wrote:
Seems like the aoe is nonexistent. I tried with 56% inc aoe on tree and a lvl 18 inc aoe gem (just happened to be there) to lessen amount of corpses in some fights, feels like it's still not hitting anyything.

came here to post exactly this feedback... the aoe really is a joke this skill is almost useless without aoe gem and further aoe investment
I am enjoying the AOE buff. Inc AOE support gem is still a required link, but at least it doesn't suck like before.

This skill doesn't seem to cause rakango heads to explode. Is this intended behavior?
Can you please confirm that this gem, when used by a curser who has capped the 75% slow from his temporal chains aura will have any additional slow effect?

I know you said the slow of both abilities stacks but can it stack past the 75% of temp chains cap?

Also the range of this aura even with inc aoe effect is very bad and makes the skill unusable for ES build at higher lvls.
:)
I tried it the very day the 75 cap was put on, it does not exceed the cap. Still can be used as maybe u can't hit that cap easily with map bosses even with chill! also stuff like fleet. But the cooldown means u can't really hit every mob with it the way u can with curses unless clearing really slow.
Last edited by biyte on Jan 8, 2016, 12:41:15 AM
What exactly are the radii of the cry and explosion? I can't seem to find that information anywhere and I feel like this should be common knowledge.
Last edited by Thaccus on Jan 10, 2016, 4:22:50 AM
Abyssal cry straight up worse than obliteration.

What happened to Abyssal cry helping to balance melee, GGG?
So I love this skill, thematically and mechanically, but I'm going to add my support to the list of people griping about the AoE.

My concern is slightly different from theirs - I'm not straight up complaining that the radius (of the cry or the explosion) is too small, I'm complaining that it's amazingly difficult to determine what the actual range IS. I'm playing a trapper this season on Talis, and my near-death encounters are almost always uncertainty over whether mobs are debuffed or not because the gfx bears no relation to the actual skill effect and spotting the (extremely subtle) purple swirl effect in a hectic map environment is a losing proposition.

I appreciate something so crass as a radius circle is a non-starter, but could we have a significantly clearer indicator for mobs (even if visible only to the caster) - and I don't mean neon pink swirlies that still fade into the background on a hectic screen - something obvious so that I can tell at a glance if the skill actually hit the edge case pack - make them glow or something.
One of my characters uses abyssal cry at lvl 1 constantly. I have tried to eke as much out of this skill as possible by positioning myself in the center of packs and trying to get monsters to clump together by using my body as a lure. See, I put myself in maximum danger in HC just to try to make this skill work.

The problem is that when I am fully surrounded, the AI of melee enemies that are not next to me derp out. They are unable to path to me so they just wander off. This causes them to leave the abyssal cry AOE and now I have to hunt down the stragglers. ugh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info