Abyssal Cry

It works good with my Infernal Blow char (so far in Cruel Act IV), with melee splash you damage the pack and with the first dead monster the rest of the pack explodes.

However, in the end with a strong melee char you obliterate white and blue packs most the time in two shots anyway...

Leveling the skill is pretty pointless, basically no increased effect beside less movement speed and the mana costs explodes (hehe).

Also I would like the explosion sound to be quieter, when a lot of mobs explodes it is a very loud cracking sound.
Last edited by merchantmudcrab on Sep 19, 2015, 4:18:14 PM
my initial feedback and feelings of this gem:

played around with this a little on my marauder in warbands league. i didn't like that the aoe of the explosions is so small.

i think this would be best for casters and archers to slow the movement speed of advancing monsters and pick them off before they get too close but the str requirement is much too high so that wouldn't be worth it.

a melee charachter has little use for the 20% reduced Movement Speed as they will be in melee range anyway. i don't know what class and build could really make the most use out of this.

i think it should be a str/int or str/dex gem to make it viable for casters and archers.
need to test more with increase aoe gems and passives to see how big the explosions can be.

can the chaos damage be increased by chaos damage and damage over time passives?
does the 20% reduced Movement Speed stack with slow from temporal chains and chill?

rating n/a. will probably give a rating later when i tested this better. really undecided who could make best use of this.

i had some idea with vaal cyclone + abyssal cry to pull monsters in close together and then the aoe would finish off. yet to be tested.

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 19, 2015, 3:35:11 PM
There was a youtube video about this (abyssal with max aoe), posted on reddit/pathofexile a few days ago but I can not find it.
"
kompaniet wrote:
can the chaos damage be increased by chaos damage and damage over time passives?
does the 20% reduced Movement Speed stack with slow from temporal chains and chill?

Yes, of course. To both questions.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 19, 2015, 9:01:28 PM
AOE is a too small for ordinary use
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Why is this gem doens't work with culling strike and added chaos?
"
hungrymole wrote:
Why is this gem doens't work with culling strike and added chaos?
This has already been fixed locally for a future patch
will it ever be allowed to leech the damage dealt? (via chaos leech or leech gem)

i know that we are approaching the 'clutching at straws' territory (it is not player but exploding corpse of some other mob that deals damage) but it is in reality no different than detonate dead, where player detonates corpse that causes explosion that deals damage. there has to be a line somewhere - before it it is 'players damage', behind it 'non-players damage'.

in both cases it is not really clear

are there any plans regarding its primary function (slow)? currently (both by skill mechanic and due to 'meta') that effect is pretty much irrelevant during gameplay. i level this gem only due to habit but in reality it should stay at lvl 1 as the gain from levels is irrelevant and mana cost raises substantially.

even when coupled with chill + temp chains it is a waste: white mobs are dead already and bosses resist curses and quickly drop chill
"
sidtherat wrote:
even when coupled with chill + temp chains it is a waste: white mobs are dead already and bosses resist curses and quickly drop chill

Bosses ain't got shit on Abyssal Cry's slowdown though.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Bosses ain't got shit on Abyssal Cry's slowdown though.

yes.. but if i have to cast a cry during a boss fight then Enduring Cry it is (end charges + healing) or Rallying Cry in a out-of-mana pinch. why would i use Abyssal over these two? for that insignificant slowdown? bosses are mostly ranged and operate at peak efficiency slow or no slow. it sure makes a fight 1% easier but..

vs throngs of trash mobs it is fun and speeds up a clear (by clearing stragglers on 3hp) but to be honest - slow vs normal mobs is more-of-not-needed

all Warcries (the entire concept) was a miss sadly. ofc End Cry is popular (charges) but the 'taunting' mechanic most players even do not know if exists, the cooldowns kill any multi-cry-centered build and general lack of impact of the primary attributes (healing, more danage, slowdown respectively) seals the deal

btw saw and admired Abyssal cry exploding build, fun stuff but even it was a glorified Infernal Blow and not something utilizing war cry mechanic (taunt, primary bonus)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info