[2.0] Dual Incinerate Totems 100k Aoe dps /// Rank #1 First Day --- Cheap

Would this work for cwdt - immortal call - phase run - increased duration or does it really need to be rrgr order?
"
DarkKaine wrote:

Would this work for cwdt - immortal call - phase run - increased duration or does it really need to be rrgr order?

rr-g-r and rrr-g both working fine.. phase run just need to be last spell
"
Ronskibonski wrote:
rr-g-r and rrr-g both working fine.. phase run just need to be last spell

Thank you :) Loving this build so far. I haven't really touched anything yet besides the main gem setup for incinerate totems. Used Clarity with Incinerate for self casting all the way up to Cruel. For faster projectiles I just picked up the Jewel that gives dex and res in Act II. Also used the skill master to add some dex to the gear as I didn't have enough. An easier option would be to just pick up the +30 dex node on the way and respec later. Same applies to str which is next to it.
Nice guide OP.

I have remade by elemental buzzsaw scion to this. A few changes, I am using dual Doryani Catalyst, a Doryani fire belt, instead of three dragons, I have an alpha howl, and lastly swapped out fire penetration w/ added chaos dmg. Currently lvl 85, and tooltip dps of 16k+.

With alpha howl, I don't need to grab any of the mana reserve tree, after reserving three auras, I have barely enough left to cast Incinerate, but good enuf.
thank you for the post im just wondering if you can be more explicit about what is enough proj. spped for someone to take it out of their links and would you still use slower porj. if you take it out?
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you all :)!

First, would this build be passable:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABLMIZxBYEMwRLRZvFy8YPBhWGjgc3B0UIcMkqiTYJy8o-ioTKo0snC2oMtE1kjbYNuk6WDrhPC1Bh0VHRZ1G10kbTeNTUlXGVdZXKVfhWOVZ81orXl1fKmP9ZOdmVGaeaPJxhXIPdFV65nsgfEt8g4CkgpuCx4MJg1-DzIPbhW2HZYxGjxqPRpBVkNaTOpRvlnSaO5rgm6GiAKPyplenCKeUrJivt7FCsZC3PrfWuJO9J76AwGbDE8au0f3VgdWm2CTYvdq52t3bWeFz42rr7uxV7TzwH_Fs8kXzEffX-JP5Zfno-tL-Cv6H_o8=

This is what I was going to do coming in to 2.0 and I know that it's not exactly what the OP posted but I don't think that I can fix it now and I want to know if people think that this build is at least decent. I don't need to kill Uber Atziri or anything, just clear most of the content and be able to run maps.

Moreover, I had some questions about totems. Right now I'm using Flame Totem with GMP, Added Chaos, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration and Faster Projectiles. Is that the strongest Flame Totem build or is there something superior in terms of damage? Also, should I just swap over to Incinerate? If so, what do I run over Slower Projectiles until I acquire some additional Projectile Speed from gear? That is, what is the best 6L setup (running Tabula Rasa atm) for someone who has very bad gear?
Last edited by Pride_ on Jul 20, 2015, 10:55:20 AM
Hi,

I'm following this build as well in Tempest. Currently I'm lvl 45 and just beat Malachai normal after transitioning to dual incinerate totems 4 linked.
Incinerate totem is already superior to flame totem at that level especially vs bosses.

However I as well am unsure about 'rain of splinters' jewel. Do you remove the jewel for bosses? Or is the damage reduction too insignificant because it's 'reduced' and not 'less'?

Additionally can you give us any insight on whether swapping out any gem for a 'blind' gem would be a good idea in hardcore? Does it work with incinerate? Our castspeed should be more than enough to apply it reliably and I can see it increasing both mine and my totem's survivability especially vs attacking bosses(if totems die too quickly in higher levels?).

Right now using a 2nd wand instead of a shield with another +flat dmg to spells as it gives me a huge increase in dps. I assume you value the extra survivability from a shield higher, or is the flat dmg mod insignificant later on? A shield gives ~half the value of a 'blind' gem to block attacks and I wonder if a 2nd wand would increase the dps more than one less dmg gem in our 6 link reduces it? Neither block spells though and those resistances/life on a shield could be too good to give up.

Otherwise this build is great and I enjoy it very much. I really like the idea to scale our dps with auras/shock instead of doing the generic BM flame totem stuff.

"
Pride_ wrote:
Right now I'm using Flame Totem with GMP

I'm pretty sure GMP is terrible on flame totem as it does not shotgun and gets 2 additional projectiles for free with gem level. Do you really need 7 projectiles?
"
vaynei wrote:
Hi,

I'm following this build as well in Tempest. Currently I'm lvl 45 and just beat Malachai normal after transitioning to dual incinerate totems 4 linked.
Incinerate totem is already superior to flame totem at that level especially vs bosses.

However I as well am unsure about 'rain of splinters' jewel. Do you remove the jewel for bosses? Or is the damage reduction too insignificant because it's 'reduced' and not 'less'?

Additionally can you give us any insight on whether swapping out any gem for a 'blind' gem would be a good idea in hardcore? Does it work with incinerate? Our castspeed should be more than enough to apply it reliably and I can see it increasing both mine and my totem's survivability especially vs attacking bosses(if totems die too quickly in higher levels?).

Right now using a 2nd wand instead of a shield with another +flat dmg to spells as it gives me a huge increase in dps. I assume you value the extra survivability from a shield higher, or is the flat dmg mod insignificant later on? A shield gives ~half the value of a 'blind' gem to block attacks and I wonder if a 2nd wand would increase the dps more than one less dmg gem in our 6 link reduces it? Neither block spells though and those resistances/life on a shield could be too good to give up.

Otherwise this build is great and I enjoy it very much. I really like the idea to scale our dps with auras/shock instead of doing the generic BM flame totem stuff.

"
Pride_ wrote:
Right now I'm using Flame Totem with GMP

I'm pretty sure GMP is terrible on flame totem as it does not shotgun and gets 2 additional projectiles for free with gem level. Do you really need 7 projectiles?

Blind is a good idea, if u looking for higher defense, u should be instantly applying blind. I'am at around 10cast per second per totem. With 10% blind u should blind them in around 0,5sec if both Totem hitting the same target.
Im running a mf setup currently and still clearing pretty fast with culling and iir linked.
If u atleast got a 5L your damage should still be fine with blind linked.

Got a 2nd Wand too with High SpellDmg, Projectile Speed, FlatDmg. Block Chance is ofc better for Hc i guess. Using Stormsail for example at the moment and got 11k tooltip with full mf gear. Gems lvl 20 tho. My FullDmg setup is reaching 16k tooltip without vaal haste and Atziris Promise.
Atziris Promise is a decent Choice to make your Totems a little bit Tankier and buff their Dmg a lil' bit.

I suggest ya to play with Trolltimber Spire since ur playing Tempest.25% Block Chance / 40-60 life / 0.5% life per second and 1% Damaged Leeched as Life from Totems is pretty nice i think.
I think a shield + blind isn't a bad choice. Even with 8k Tooltip dmg u will still be Clearing Content pretty fast, especially Solo.
Last edited by Ronskibonski on Jul 20, 2015, 6:53:04 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'll let you know how far I get with this build and what my observations are. I'm still inexperienced in PoE though so I don't expect to survive until lvl 85+. However with some luck I feel like this build has a lot of potential.

Please add a levelling tree suggestion when you got time. I am using this one:

Path of the Savant for int, life wheel for act 4 normal, one dex node because my gear sucks, rushing to aura nodes to run hatred/both heralds, then getting ancestral bond, and now I am on my way to celestial punishment after I picked up three dragons. I guess I will move on with discipline of training and purity of flesh after that for more life. Then I get the remaining totem life/damage nodes + the explosive impact wheel. I think I stay away from harrier/hired killer until I find a decent jewel to slot in there. I already use a spire of stone jewel as it benefits my high cast speed/low life totems greatly. I think I will add rain of splinters as soon as I got the currency for it.
Last edited by vaynei on Jul 21, 2015, 6:09:11 AM
Doryani's Catalyst , Thoughts on this weapon with this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info