Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

[INFO Client 9968] Abnormal disconnect: Game server lost contact with the realm.
5 times today!!!!!
First crashed on Kaoms Path, now disconnected on 2 maps. Unplayable right now, which is a huge letdown since everything was going uphill so far. I know PoE came a long way but it just goes downhill from here. Lot to do GGG!
I'm not used to rant on this forum as everything goes pretty well for me in PoE overall, but these instance crashes are really annoying.

It's hard as f*ck to sustain a high level map pool, we really don't need this kind of bugs, especially on high quantity maps.

At the moment I've lost a dozen of 75+ maps. For the sake of statistics, each of them had either ground modifications, high pack size roll and/or fracture. Also seems to happen more frequently on Arid Lake, even if I'm cautious and ALWAYS place my TPs in areas with no corpses.

This plus the fact that today I just lost a 78 and a 79 (both chiseled, chaosed etc) from server DCs/rollbacks. You just come back to your hideout to see that your portals disappeared. Pretty nice.

That's all for the ranting, I'm not mad, just disappointed that I'll probably stop mapping till this bug is fixed. It's way too painful to lose such an amount of currency/time invested in the creation of our map base.
Last edited by Xoebus on Aug 26, 2015, 9:28:10 AM
as you can probably see i`ve been around ever since this game came into public view, even long before steam.
never felt the need to voice my opinion here in a real negative way.
after a longer brake i was quite amazed by all the goodness which has happened to PoE...
but as it stands now the game is unplayble at the map-stage (endgame), it`s beyond a frustrating minor bug...it`s just not enjoyable in any way shape or form.
no matter what content you ad, no matter what brilliant ideas you include (and i`m sure you will), as long as maps-crashing stays that much of a problem we will...no we cannot play this game; our group is pretty sad...we love the "new" PoE, but this is just broken.
Last edited by Reclaw on Aug 26, 2015, 10:07:31 AM
GGG please disable all ground effects in maps ASAP until you fix this serious issue. I am wasting tons of currency to roll maps without ground effects. Gamebreaking, pretty damn close!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another two level 79 Maps, both with Ambushed rolled on them... lost :(

I do not like to whine, but this is really starting to demotivate me. If high level maps were easy to sustain, it would not bother me as much, but if you are going to limit the Map drops then you must surely FIX this!

Edit: complaining works! I just had my best map haul from a 79.... ever, carto box to boot! :P

Still though, please fix these bugs, they are the only thing souring what is otherwise a really enjoyable league, Tempest.
Last edited by Varkorium on Aug 26, 2015, 5:25:32 PM
Get gud tempest, get pumped up. Cyclone into second room, smile from ear to ear... game freezes and crash to login, map gone.

I get errors upon login in the chat like "can't connect to achievement server". I dono, painful.
Finally did my first lvl79 map in 2.0 :)
Invested 0.5ex (double curse, ambush, fracture, ...) and could not reenter after first portal... :(
"an unexpected disconnection occured"->loginscreen
Had a few portals to try to get in e.g. with lowered graphic settings but nothing worked.

And I must really say I am a little bit confused that after 7 weeks and 30 pages still basically nothing has happened!? That is not very GGG-like.

At least implement some adhoc workaround: "whenever this disconnect happens the portal is reset to some safe location" or something like that.

bug r.r.n.: 3059723990
Last edited by chochom on Aug 28, 2015, 6:13:29 PM
Been running 74-76 maps today with my cyclone charracter. I would enter a map through a map device in my hideout, clear the map while vendoring / stashing items whenever my inventory fills up. In two of the maps, the game would throw me out to the login menu when I try to get back into the map. There was a text saying "an unexpected error ocurred". I repeated that process untill I ran out of map portals. Makes me sad :(
Bump. First map crashed since a while for me. It was a fracturing with decent extra pack size, burning ground and a strongbox with extra 3 packs of magic monsters. I tried to vaal detonate all the bodies I could and open a portal far away from the mess. Portal out > portal back in > disconnects. Tried again just to obtain new disconnections. The problem is with the amount of dead bodies and ground effects, it must be addressed ASAP by GGG or please just remove the bloody fracturing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info