Path of Exile 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes

My body was ready but after so many nerfs ( RM mainly and so many things that seem like single player nerfs) my heart is not.
The Gospel according to Chris.

I see the new skills that didn't make it this week are in the patch notes. They're being released today, then? Nice!
Cant wait to play soo soooooooon
I LOVE THIS GAAAAAME!!!!
"
AttackDingo wrote:
"
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Good bye eternals i won't miss you.

I find it hard to believe there isn't more of a fuss about this change. Eternals were effectively the ONLY tool in the crafting system with which a serious crafter could fight back against the relentless RNG inherent to the crafting system.

I'm not sure if the removal of Eternal orbs is just a troll, or if it's something that's serious. If it's a troll, then that's a pretty fucking good troll. If it's actually real, then RIP the whole crafting system.

From now on, every exalt dropped on an item will be a YOLO ex. If it doesn't produce a useful item, scour and start from Transmute again because there's no way to undo your YOLO ex. Simply put, without Eternal orbs, there is just no point in even attempting to craft a perfect rare. Basically, this change means that you're literally better off to chaos spam an item than you are to use an Exalted orb.

The only scenario in which you would (maybe) use an Exalted orb would be if you managed to chaos spam a rare item with 5 perfect mods. Even then you'd probably be better off to master craft a mod than use an exalted orb and risk getting a shitty mod that you couldn't remove without scouring (hence the parenthetical maybe in the previous sentence, but then they are making master crafted mods more expensive, so is this where Exalts get used now?). It's difficult to overstate how big of a nerf this is to Exalted orbs. The only thing an Exalt has going for it in terms of value now is its rarity.

Eternals were the 'Selection' in "Natural Selection". Without Eternals, all we have is Natural. You're just waiting for a hurricane to blow through the junk yard and magically assemble a 747.

Thanks for explaining how catastrophic this change is to the crafting system.

very nice post, from now on there will be no upgrades for 99% of the people in end game, but i think you dont need to worry because change like this, along with new map system and some other, are so bad and ilogical (really trying hard not to use more harsh words) that they will revert them after this 4 month league.

So my advice for you is that when you find magic item with 2 T1 rolls and then regal another T1 roll, just wait until league ends. Ofc if you intend to continue play your char in perma league.
don't know if some1 posted it earlier but it was BLACK WOOD not dark forest as I good remember lol.

also

Spoiler
Traps can no longer be used to block chokepoints if u know wat i mean.
Aye Aye Captain!
Changes to leech are fucking disastrous to low level chars. Really tried getting it to work in the beta, but until late game, you're simply better off just using flasks.
The changes might be decent for end-end-game, but for me and probably most other (serious) casuals, there's simply no point in using it. I'll only be going for regen + LGoH builds from now on.
Very disappoint.
Started reading the patch notes in the morning at work.
Finished just in time to go home :P
Wow, you actually stuck with the enlighten/reduced mana change. That is by far the most idiotic, asinine change in the entire expansion, and it still kills all existing builds. God fucking damn it.
Keep up the GREAT work! These next couple hours need to hurry up!! I wanna play!!!!
let it start :D
ty for notes
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info