[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

"
MrTastix wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:
- Changed the passive tree slightly. Dropped 2 frenzy from tree so that its easier to maintain max frenzy and poison.

What did you replace them with? The current build link you have listed (112 points) does not work as the link is apparently outdated.

Sorry about that, issues with OfflineSkillTree.

Fixed now to mirror my exact character.

I dropped the 4 frenzy nodes to pick mana flows, which solves my mana problems, and another jewel socket at ranger.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
May i ask why you have a Doryani's on? is it for the crit and 99% elemental increase only? If so I would rather throw an ST on and throw on a prismweave belt.....That way your mana free, still hitting high elements, favored into chilling, it's that much faster and you can use other nodes rather than a mana node....or bad idea?
Last edited by Eeerie on Jul 14, 2015, 1:07:38 AM
You can use an ST. I have a cyclone build that uses bino+ST and that works great.

The problem with prismweave is that it has no resists. It's hard to cap resists with the belt.

Also, using an ST, you're stuck with the 230pdps ST. There's a world of difference in performance between that and the 300pdps, +100% ele, global crit Catalyst.
"
fiqst wrote:
You can use an ST. I have a cyclone build that uses bino+ST and that works great.

The problem with prismweave is that it has no resists. It's hard to cap resists with the belt.

Also, using an ST, you're stuck with the 230pdps ST. There's a world of difference in performance between that and the 300pdps, +100% ele, global crit Catalyst.

I see....but over 420k damage? Is it that necessary to hit that for A4 over what I had in mind??? I haven't been in A4 yet so i wouldn't know the bosses and mobs that's there....that's why i'm here asking for your advice :P
"
Eeerie wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:

I see....but over 420k damage? Is it that necessary to hit that for A4 over what I had in mind??? I haven't been in A4 yet so i wouldn't know the bosses and mobs that's there....that's why i'm here asking for your advice :P

I suppose it isn't necessary :)

Those numbers are for past A4 and into high level mapping.
"
fiqst wrote:
"
Eeerie wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:

I suppose it isn't necessary :)

Those numbers are for past A4 and into high level mapping.

what is the "higher" map levels now in 2.0? and how much are Bino's and Cat's going for now?
Map's go up to 82 now, I believe.

On Standard Bino's goes for 5ex and Cat goes for 1ex at the lowest prices. It'll be higher in leagues.

400k+ is not really necessary at all but you shouldn't trust the Ice Crash tooltip anyway. It gets inflated with the second weapons base dps/crit and any damage mods like Bino's flat physical damage mod.

These are all "local" mods, meaning they only affect that weapon and Ice Crash only factors in the main- hand when dealing damage, it does not cycle or use both weapons like Whirling Blades. The tooltip doesn't seem to give a damn about that, though.

Only "global" mods apply to both weapons, this generally only applies to crit chance and crit multiplier affixes and little else. Attack speed, I believe, is also local.

The weapons are guidelines for maximum dps, they're not necessary and the weapon type doesn't matter. The only strict requirement is dual-wield largely due to the passives that give dual-wield bonuses, which aren't much and a shield could be easily substituted for more defense. For crit, daggers and rapiers are preferred.

I would say of the two weapons listed Bino's is the only necessary one largely because of the amount of regen it can provide. The Catalyst is a pure dps machine of course, but being dead stops all your dps so I favour staying alive. On leagues you likely won't find either for a while, so just settle with a high dps main-hand and an off-hand stat stick (crit for deeps, resists if necessary work, too).
Last edited by MrTastix on Jul 14, 2015, 2:46:48 AM
"
MrTastix wrote:
Map's go up to 82 now, I believe.

On Standard Bino's goes for 5ex and Cat goes for 1ex at the lowest prices. It'll be higher in leagues.

400k+ is probably not really necessary at all but you shouldn't trust the Ice Crash tooltip anyway. It gets inflated with the second weapons base dps/crit and any damage mods like Bino's flat physical damage mod.

These are all "local" mods, meaning they only affect that weapon and Ice Crash only factors in the main- hand when dealing damage, it does not cycle or use both weapons like Whirling Blades.

Only "global" mods apply to both weapons, this generally only applies to crit chance and crit multiplier affixes and little else. Attack speed, I believe, is also local.

wow thanks! good info ya got!
"
fiqst wrote:
"
MrTastix wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:
- Changed the passive tree slightly. Dropped 2 frenzy from tree so that its easier to maintain max frenzy and poison.

What did you replace them with? The current build link you have listed (112 points) does not work as the link is apparently outdated.

Sorry about that, issues with OfflineSkillTree.

Fixed now to mirror my exact character.

I dropped the 4 frenzy nodes to pick mana flows, which solves my mana problems, and another jewel socket at ranger.

Is Mana Flows more useful than the Spirit Void notable? I can't imagine you'd see much use out of an extra 40% mana regen vs. 0.8% Mana Leech. What's your mana regen sitting at? At your damage I'd have imagined your leech would be capped, even vs. single-target.

This is without factoring in attack speed which makes you mana hungry as hell but it seems odd that Mana Flows fixes this.
Last edited by MrTastix on Jul 14, 2015, 3:00:22 AM
Can you please finish your 2 handed guide 1st ? I am interested to play that not the dual wielder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info