[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
gear now:
Spoiler

Only 75k DPS Base. Is it because of the Crit Multi and Phys that it isn't getting insanely high like yours?

yeah it definitely is the multi and flat phys. I'll update the OP with lesser equipment soon so it gives a better real world number.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I've used about 2 exalts in Chromes, and with my character, I just can't justify Herald of Ash.

Don't get me wrong: HERALD OF ASH IS INSANE. But that's only if you can consistantly keep up with everything else.

Nothing keeps up Power Charges enough. Maybe if Blood Rage were still at 100% per kill, it would work out, but it's just too inconsistent.

Even with a level 2 Enlighten, it only saves maybe a dozen or two mana. That isn't enough for two clean attacks, and the ability to gain Fortify + Power Charges at the same time.

Herald of Ash is AWESOME for Concentrated Effect, but if you find yourself swapping in Increased Area of Effect in often, HoT might be the easiest solution.

I think this is my final gear:

It's just been too much in currency just to test different things over and over to compare one set-up to the next...

_______________edit

What do you think about swapping Critical Strikes out for Added Fire?

This would let you do:
Ice Crash > Molten Strike
Hypothermia > Faster Attacks
Conc Effect / Crit Damage / Crit Strikes

For single target, or just an optional change of attacks.
Not to mention, you hit that Leech Cap pretty quick for single targets.

Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Jul 13, 2015, 4:33:09 AM
Excuse me, in the passive tree you spend a lot on critical chance and critical damage,
yet you take the Resolute Technique. (doesn't it deny any crit?)
Is there a particular interaction that you are aiming for?

(I'm a fairly newbie player so... sorry if I missed something)
"
Erxam wrote:
Excuse me, in the passive tree you spend a lot on critical chance and critical damage,

No Resolute Technique. Not that I see anyways. It might just be a bugged skill tree on the 114 point one. It glitches out when I open it. Look at the 111 point one.
"
Erxam wrote:

Oh it might be a mistake. I'll fix it as soon as i get to my pc.

@lilmrock

I lost count the number of chromes i needed to update all my builds, so i appreciate your efforts mate.

I too have trouble maintaining max power charges so maybe the best course of action is HoT auto curser. And using HoT, there isn't a mana multiplier so they'll be more mana saved.

Another option is HoI - mana leech... and even more chromes :S
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 13, 2015, 6:48:44 AM
Hey man, excited to see the build! I just have two questions:

1. I'm starting the new league. Is this build budget/self-found friendly? I see lots of expensive uniques, but would you be able to see good damage/survivability as budget/self-found?

2. When can we expect some videos? I'd love to see it in action!

I'm currently deciding between this and a 2h mace stun RT build.

Thanks!!
Yo been enjoying the build but i seem to have problems with life have about 3k but mobs seem to hit pretty hard been wondering if i should lay off the abyssus untill i get more hp
"
Permanent wrote:
Yo been enjoying the build but i seem to have problems with life have about 3k but mobs seem to hit pretty hard been wondering if i should lay off the abyssus untill i get more hp

Yeah that's a good idea. Rats nest is a good alternative
Made some changes to the build.

- Dropped flicker strike for whirling blades.

WB uses only the Bino so the crit chance is very high. Connected to:

CoC
AM
Fortify

It curses regularly and is much better at building power charges.

It also keeps a constant fortify

There is also the option of using leap slam and curse on hit for even more reliability.

- Made an easy to follow levelling guide designed for new leagues.

- Re-organised my gem sets (sorry to those who are using the older sets) so i can interchange easily with other builds that use similar equipment.

- Changed the passive tree slightly. Dropped 2 frenzy from tree so that its easier to maintain max frenzy and poison.

"
Psym0nkey wrote:
Hey man, excited to see the build! I just have two questions:

1. I'm starting the new league. Is this build budget/self-found friendly? I see lots of expensive uniques, but would you be able to see good damage/survivability as budget/self-found?

2. When can we expect some videos? I'd love to see it in action!

I'm currently deciding between this and a 2h mace stun RT build.

Thanks!!

1. I just made a levelling guide for new leagues, it takes RT early and there isn't a single crit node taken for 95 points. You can build crit in once you have the equipment.

2. Videos will come shortly, i'm still min/maxing all my other projects before i start recording.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 13, 2015, 10:32:34 PM
"
fiqst wrote:
- Changed the passive tree slightly. Dropped 2 frenzy from tree so that its easier to maintain max frenzy and poison.

What did you replace them with? The current build link you have listed (112 points) does not work as the link is apparently outdated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info