[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

I want to share an idea of variation for your build, that wont have any problems with reflect.

Idea is to convert 100% of weapon Cold damage into Chaos Damage (that cannot be reflected). And leech from Chaos Damage dealt.
Ice Crash should be our skill of choice, because it uses main-hand weapon only.

For that, we need following key items:

Pyre (ring) - converts 100% Cold damage into Fire damage.
The Consuming Dark (dagger, off-hand) - converts 75% Fire damage into Chaos damage
Infernal Mantle (chest) - converts 25% Fire damage into Chaos damage
Hungry Abyss (jewel) - life leech recovers based upon chaos damage instead (need to equip 5 corrupted items)

Summary - 100% of Cold and Fire damage is converted into Chaos damage, and we are able to leech from chaos damage.

To get rid of nasty Infernal Mantle's downside, i plan reserve only around 50% of mana pool (Hatred or HoA+HoT)

Main links to Ice Crash:
Physical to Lightning
Melee Physical Damage
Weapon Elemental Damage

To remove remaining 50% of physical damage left, i decided to use Physical to Lightning gem. Its lightning damage is subject to resistance, and wont be a problem. It also shocks enemies, increasing DPS output.

The main problem i see there - how to sustain mana?
We can constantly drink mana potions.... Not very practical on high lvl, i assume...
We can use Rallying Cry. But its manaregen will be not enough.
We can use Blood Magic or Mana Leech gem, but that's -1 gem slot.
Berek's Grip unique ring can help with mana, but it drops only in Domination/Nemesis, so it's quite hard to obtain in new leagues
Or we can get Blood Magic keystone, which means no auras (and probably no heralds too).

I wanted to see your opinion about all that, cause you're more experienced in build-making...

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

I just got this, rolled it almost perfect roll. And now im thinking to create this build with Bino & Soultaker. I really wanna reach maximal dps and i have like 80exalt to spend. Any tips?
Pretty great damn build, playing this is some of the most fun i've ever had in PoE

Also: All the people in this thread that want to "improve" the build by replacing bino's are pretty clueless
"
RazorRamon wrote:
Pretty great damn build, playing this is some of the most fun i've ever had in PoE

Also: All the people in this thread that want to "improve" the build by replacing bino's are pretty clueless

I might give this build a try.
I understand why Bino is so good but was wondering if anybody tried this with a mirrored weapon to do crazy DPS? It's still better with Bino's because of the mad regen?
"
Gorrath wrote:

I understand why Bino is so good but was wondering if anybody tried this with a mirrored weapon to do crazy DPS? It's still better with Bino's because of the mad regen?

Ice Crash uses main hand only so you won't get much by replacing it with a DPS weapon. You could replace the Catalyst and keep the Bino's. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Just came to say hi and thanks for the build! Building it in Warbands, lots of fun. Level 81 at the moment and just respecced into crit (around 30/300 chance/multi). I just equipped Abyssus too and it's kinda rippy :D but great fun. Still missing the Bino's and only have a 4link Daresso's and pretty bad rings and ammy's, but eh, improving gear little by little.
I will try the Blood Dance variant too, at the moment using Prismatic Eclipse offhand which is great.
Having mana issues so I only used one aura, and use Whirling blades-fortify to try and rip less.
Last edited by Dwacito on Jul 18, 2015, 8:45:19 PM
"
Dwacito wrote:
"
Gorrath wrote:

Ice Crash uses main hand only so you won't get much by replacing it with a DPS weapon. You could replace the Catalyst and keep the Bino's. (correct me if I'm wrong).

It would have to be incredibly powerful to compete though.
Hi again

I'm having huge problems staying alive even in 73 maps. - I know my life is kinda low 4.2k, but compared to my other melee chars this is very squishy!
I haven't tried using flicker yet to put curses on, but I don't see this helping much

I've followed your tree and currently I'm lvl 82. As you can see below my gear is very nice, so I must be doing something wrong?

My armor is 31% which I feel is very low, so maybe evasion would be better to focus on?

Spoiler
Gear

Thanks for any tips in advance :)
"
Fathervic wrote:
Hi again

I'm having huge problems staying alive even in 73 maps. - I know my life is kinda low 4.2k, but compared to my other melee chars this is very squishy!
I haven't tried using flicker yet to put curses on, but I don't see this helping much

I've followed your tree and currently I'm lvl 82. As you can see below my gear is very nice, so I must be doing something wrong?

My armor is 31% which I feel is very low, so maybe evasion would be better to focus on?

Spoiler
Gear

Thanks for any tips in advance :)

I have noticed you don't equip any movement gems?

i use leap slam + fortify. Fortify is the best all-round defence gem and is necessary to all melee builds. On top of this, i also use leap slam to escape danger.

Try out LS+F and let me know how you go.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Ill try that thanks!
[/quote]

I have noticed you don't equip any movement gems?

i use leap slam + fortify. Fortify is the best all-round defence gem and is necessary to all melee builds. On top of this, i also use leap slam to escape danger.

Try out LS+F and let me know how you go.

[/quote]

I have now tried using fortify, and the difference is not noticeable. I might try to put it in with ice crash when its levelled, instead of melee damage.

It worked a bit better when I tried it with a melee skill instead of LS - but its a pain to activate it every 5 seconds....wish it worked with vengeance :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info