[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

"
yveroby wrote:
any chances that you would continue the dual strike build ?

I will get ds running and post some results.

It should still be pretty effective especially with crit performance.

One downside to using ice crash is the lower crit chance of the Catalyst, so I've had to ditch the cast on crit set up

I've been running with fs-splash-coh-am and it works better as a guaranteed way to curse targets and maintain max power charges.

"
Blackorion wrote:
Does the build could work with a Cameria's Maul as a offhand? Just to throw in some MF :D

That actually looks appealing. Especially if you have a good ice crash weapon
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Super excited for this build cuz I wanted to use to something with Ice Crash and I love your Vulcan build so this is great :D I'm gonna try to run it with 2 Doryani's catalyst and use Blood Magic(only have 5 links and no enlighten)

Current link set up - Ice Crash + Hypothermia + Crit Strike Chance + Melee Phys + Blood Magic. Plan on using Hatred and HoT + Curse on Hit and the trusty Ice Brolem. If I had a 6th link I would toss in conc effect. Need to this my character up and running again since I left it at 86 before the patch up.
Last edited by vikingerik on Jul 16, 2015, 9:00:23 AM
Try and get a soul taker if you want to forget about mana completely. Ice crash is main hand only, so the soul taker never hits. Also, the soul taker mod lets you chill even bosses, or use phys to lightning to shock bosses and just be OP in general.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I have a Soul Taker (only because I don't have any other high DPS axe since I usually play spell caster builds) but I had also picked up the Blood Magic keystone. Should I spec out of that and use the Soul Taker as it was intended? I can see how not reserving life for auras will probably be more efficient an safe.

EDIT: I tried it, went to the scion life wheel and picked up some life nodes. Level 65 with 4.5K HP. Well worth the change.
Last edited by AODBluu on Jul 16, 2015, 9:25:28 AM
I would spec out of Blood Magic since you have a Soul taker. My intentions are to get a Soul Taker for my set up which will help me remove the Blood Magic gem and allow me to put WED in.
Good guide, but could you add bandit choices and maybe ideas for jewels?
Definitely going to try this out, right now I'm 34 and still using Cleave though. Ice Crash is too expensive, and has less DPS at this stage.
"
vikingerik wrote:
I would spec out of Blood Magic since you have a Soul taker. My intentions are to get a Soul Taker for my set up which will help me remove the Blood Magic gem and allow me to put WED in.

Yeah, I did just that.

Also realised how stupid OP Soul Taker is. I need to figure out a way to cast all other skills using BM gems. Right now, if I reserve all my mana (Hatred, Ash and Ice) I can't summon my golem or cast EC.

The life pool is definitely worth it.
Made some changes to the build:

- Added a video:

77 Shipyard

It demonstrates my extensive use of leap slam-flicker-crash and the way i save mana by picking my shots and not spamming.

- Flicker strike is back in

I find, for my play style, flicker strike is best, but the unfortunate downside is using up frenzy charges, which take away from poisoning efficiency.

- Dropped Hypothermia for Ice Bite

hypothermia is a potent gem and its slightly overkill considering the power you have already. The biggest issue in the build for were frenzy charges so i dropped it for ice bite, which gives me max frenzy's after the first encounter.

- Rearranged the gems

I have rearranged my gem groupings to allow quick swapping between different builds. My thanks goes to xRodragoNx for kindly trading chests with me:

i can now swap between cyclonus and neptune without chromes.

I think the build is in its final state.

Please send me some of your variants and your different playstyles so i can showcase them
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Great video. Gotta agree with the Ice Bite swap. Hypothermia is extremely powerful but Ice Bite just feels leagues more comfortable.

I'll have to try the Flicker Strike variant when I have the Chromes. Personally I prefer to swap out Herald of Ash for Herald of Thunder and use Curse on Hit that way.

Biggest difference I see with this is clear speed vs. single-target. On drawn out fights you'll lose Frenzy charges anyway but Flicker will continue to work whereas Herald won't. For trash this mostly just means you keep up Frenzy charges but lose the damage/AoE of Herald of Ash.

Really though, I just feel more comfortable using it. Lazy man's Curse. :P
Anyone else having problems with HOA showing 35% mana reserved instead of 25%? Hatred is on 50% as it should be after 2.0... Cause of problem above, I´m running low on mana and I had to drop mana pot in...
IGN : _Iuppiter_
Last edited by ArisenFlame on Jul 17, 2015, 11:08:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info