Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

Exactly. Elemental Proliferation spreads the damage to the whole group. I don't like LMP because its much easier to kill yourself on reflect mobs when using it. If I used lmp, I'd generally get less fuses on a mob, meaning I would get less burn damage. So I just stack aoe and use a single target explosive arrow.
Ah, thanks for the reply
IGN: Xiandrii
Timezone: London, GMT
Hi! Tried your build and got to 37 in hc before I died, have tons of fun though! will continue with him in default.
Got two questions if you dont mind about more ways to increase the damage, does the explosion work with "point blank"? And pure fire damage, like 13-25 fire damage from jewellery and quivers, does it add any damage to the explosion or only while applying the EA?
Thanks alot for a great guide, wouldnt mind knowing what else you have equipped though!:)
I have a similar build, but i used bows since level 5. With Quill Rain, i`ve used Poison Arrow until lvl 19 and then started to use Explosive just by itself until i got blood magic. For single target i use 2 Bear Traps gems linked with Added Fire Damage
Ours is the Fury
"
wetgenitalia wrote:
Hi! Tried your build and got to 37 in hc before I died, have tons of fun though! will continue with him in default.

Awesome! I would do things a bit differently if I did the build in default... But if wanted to try it again in HC, I would actually keep it the same.

In fact, I think I might make a couple more changes to it soon... I'm not sure the elemental damage nodes in the templar tree are necessary. If I didn't get them, or the two AoE nodes there, I could get more hp, among other things.

"
wetgenitalia wrote:

does the explosion work with "point blank"?

No. The explosion is not considered an attack.

"
wetgenitalia wrote:
And pure fire damage, like 13-25 fire damage from jewellery and quivers, does it add any damage to the explosion or only while applying the EA?

Flat fire damage (x-y fire damage) does not apply to the explosion damage. Like you suggest, it only applies to the initial shot.

To buff the fire damage of the explosion, you would need to get %fire damage on gear.
What would you do if you were playing in default with this build? Go more dmg nodes and less hp?

Also will you ever make a double ranged totem build(lol)?
If I was playing this build on default, I would make my way to the duelist tree to get the extra 5% chance to ignite. Even on default, a lot of hp is necessary, simply because the mana cost of EA is so high.
Thanks alot for the reply dude.

What do you think about my default build? Went alot of damage, and the hp reg for blood magic. Note that the points Ive put in the dex and int nodes are just for looks so I can use spells, will be replaced when I have proper gear.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS7ZYVcNkc4n7fPdxPY9DySLfLvFivAfogAUTYM473w8BZ_fBLMCcTrYLdLsOBo4p4SQVSlPgpvkIhpsGYWdrhJppwjYJDbFNtjxbI9G0ND9z89lVcYWb9Ihns2nMBRxDjw6Ut-_Bg5j_SWtCfYDxtR852p65h8CnC2HZTboZKMaVWEhEuGE73Tteu9gSwUtQKAhYHTxnrnsVZeFKo2vt0kbJKo26eNq83EXHHF5BAeXlVJTPV_a3SUnffWHKQ==
Hey, thanks for the build. I'm level 50 with it now, on hardcore. It's going pretty well.

I've modified your build slightly. Here is what I'm going for:

xiandrii's quillpocalypse build

main changes i made:

- take 'static blows' so your lightning arrow AoE spam has a 20% per hit to inflict 'charge' debuff, which causes the enemy to take 40% more damage per stack for a few seconds. this will increas the damage of future explosive arrow charges (i hope)
- went a different passive route and picked up unwavering stance and berserking (15% atk speed) so that you can apply explosive arrows 15% faster
- took +1 frenzy charge passive because you can buff yourself to 4 frenzy charges and then stack explosive arrows much faster. you can get like 4.5 attacks per second, which means you can stack explosive arrows like a mentalist crack addict
- took a few extra life regen per second nodes, because life is your main source of dps, so life regen = dps potential
- took a few +fire damage nodes and burning duration/damage, just so explosive arrows hits even harder

let me know what you think of my modified version of your build.
IGN: Xiandrii
Timezone: London, GMT
Last edited by xiandrii on Feb 25, 2013, 11:04:42 AM
Static blows will be essentially useless. This is because you need to do over 3% of a monster's life in lightning damage to get a shock stack. Since you're not specing into any lightning/weapon elemental damage, it will be impossible to get a long enough shock stack to make use of it (most likely, you won't get any shock stacks at all).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info