[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hello,

I'm a little bit confused. Which critical strike increases Totem's damage?

"Global critical strike chance"
"Critical strike chance for spells"
"Global critical strike multiplier"
"Critical strike multiplier for spells".

The other question.
If my Totem's gem is on chest armor while critical chance has Wand. Will totem's damaged will be increased or I need to place Totem's gem on Wand?
Just when i'm happy with full chaos dmg dagger build, i drop this... :-)

N1 :)

How much DPS did you gain when you went chaos?
I'm lvl 88 and still using "standard" ele dmg. (With crit)
"
believers wrote:

I think the important change that increases DPS a lot is the "go crit" choice, with just these infamous 3 close crit node chunks, which you already did. Rest is just matter of personal preferences/playstyle/equip. Well, one clear advantage of chaos is that you have one more DPS option for jewels... :-)
if crit is so great why no one takes Shamans Dominion wheel?

also why not Blood magic from a gem... so we can use also auras that would reserve some of our life
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
if crit is so great why no one takes Shamans Dominion wheel?

also why not Blood magic from a gem... so we can use also auras that would reserve some of our life

This is a blood magic build. Mostly this plays into the "beginner" build because you don't have to worry about mana, mana pots, or mana regen. Also with blood magic and high life totem cost pretty much gets absorbed into life regen automatically. (It is an expensive cost too) Using a blood magic gem instead does work, but also takes off a key support node. There are plenty of totem builds that don't use blood magic, but this isn't one of them.

If people go crit, they all take that wheel. It is REALLY good. This isn't a crit build though. People who have modified the build and gone crit all have those nodes, however.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 30, 2015, 9:11:37 AM
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
believers wrote:

I think the important change that increases DPS a lot is the "go crit" choice, with just these infamous 3 close crit node chunks, which you already did. Rest is just matter of personal preferences/playstyle/equip. Well, one clear advantage of chaos is that you have one more DPS option for jewels... :-)

^^ Exactly. Going crit is the real DPS increase. The change to chaos is a totally different choice. You can still hit all of the major crit nodes without going chaos, and by default the ignite bonuses are a better crit modifier than poison is for chaos. You also lose the benefits of flammability, so you are pretty much forced into assassin's mark as a curse, which lends to crit damage.

The big difference in the chaos version is that you don't need the Celestial wheel, so you can re-use those points elsewhere. You also bypass energy shields and enemies tend to have lower chaos resistance. Don't let that fool you though, you aren't lowering resistances or penetrating resistances anymore. I don't have the numbers so I can only speculate, but I'd guess that the fire penetration + flammability ends up with a lower resistance modifier than chaos does. No way to really know though. Also, chaos damage can't be reflected. So that mod has no effect on you when you come across it.

The dps gain for me going to chaos wasn't that much. Between 2-3k tooltip. This is deceptive because the benefits of Fire Penetration don't show up on the tooltip. I also had a good wand for fire damage, so the change wasn't really necessary. I barely get to play much now, and tend to spend more time on the forums at work, so I don't really care about spending currency to try out variations.

I only got to play a little bit last night but I did notice some things. First, I did an atziri run. It was my third run ever, and all on this character. The first time I died twice, the second time I think I died 3-4 times. Yesterday I didn't die. I also did a map and my dalies, including Zana, which was a lvl 73 mission. I could tell that my defenses were a lot better. My phys damage reduction plus my chaos resistance plus my life regen really shined.

I played around with Chaos before using the dagger without a respec. I had the same feeling this time, which is that it "feels" like lower dps, but it also "feels" much more tanky. (Due to how I re-arranged points)
Last edited by damelon on Jul 30, 2015, 9:20:21 AM
ok so maybe when you finally get blood magic it owuld be better to delete the Quick recovery wheel to gain 3 points, it also affects mana
we could get purity of flesh for the same cost i loose 2% life and the 0,8% regen/min but we gain +10 STR and INT, +12% chaos resistance
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
ok so maybe when you finally get blood magic it owuld be better to delete the Quick recovery wheel to gain 3 points, it also affects mana
we could get purity of flesh for the same cost i loose 2% life and the 0,8% regen/min but we gain +10 STR and INT, +12% chaos resistance

I love the purity of flesh nodes. Chaos resistance is very helpful.
"
akiris wrote:
Hello,

I'm a little bit confused. Which critical strike increases Totem's damage?

"Global critical strike chance"
"Critical strike chance for spells"
"Global critical strike multiplier"
"Critical strike multiplier for spells".

The other question.
If my Totem's gem is on chest armor while critical chance has Wand. Will totem's damaged will be increased or I need to place Totem's gem on Wand?

All of those mods affect crit damage. Only "Increased critical strike chance" on a weapon doesn't matter for totems. The totem gems don't have to be on the wand to gain the crit benefits that you listed, just like spell damage or cast speed.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 30, 2015, 9:15:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info