[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just chiming in here on the choice between daggers and wands for crit totems.

For me, the added c.20% cast speed (per wand) + implicit spell damage is worth a little more than the implicit crit chance + c.30% crit multi on daggers - even for a crit build. Cast speed works especially well with flat spell damage modifiers, obviously.

You can see the effect of both pretty easily, just gem a faster cast and a crit damage and then work out which provides more bang for buck.

These are my decent (but not amazing) warbands' wands:

P.

If it were direct apples to apples, I agree completely. I would go wands. getting 22% cast speed (per wand) is pretty incredible. For me, going daggers only has to do with pairing them with consuming dark. If I know I am always running 100% chaos damage, then I don't need fire pen and I don't need the celestial wheel for the most part. Those points can be used elsewhere. If I was going crit and still used fire damage, I'd still want all of the things associated with fire pen and the celestial wheel, and I would remain using wands.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 29, 2015, 2:02:25 PM
"
Does Totems gain Power Charges when they kill mobs after you cast Assasins Mark? coz I noticed that their damage went up for a second but no Power Charge indicator on my screen.

Tnx alot

Not sure about Assasins Mark, but you can generate power charges yourself, that totems will use (and with full chaos damage there is nothing else you can do between placements anyway).

"
dzidek1983 wrote:
hey

could someone advise me what to use additionally with the 2 totems?

i cant damage alone with spells so does this only leave me with cursing?

Well, you can open chests, turn over stones, things like that, while totems do the bloody work... :-)
"
damelon wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Just chiming in here on the choice between daggers and wands for crit totems.

For me, the added c.20% cast speed (per wand) + implicit spell damage is worth a little more than the implicit crit chance + c.30% crit multi on daggers - even for a crit build. Cast speed works especially well with flat spell damage modifiers, obviously.

You can see the effect of both pretty easily, just gem a faster cast and a crit damage and then work out which provides more bang for buck.

These are my decent (but not amazing) warbands' wands:

P.

If it were direct apples to apples, I agree completely. I would go wands. getting 22% cast speed (per wand) is pretty incredible. For me, going daggers only has to do with pairing them with consuming dark. If I know I am always running 100% chaos damage, then I don't need fire pen and I don't need the celestial wheel for the most part. Those points can be used elsewhere. If I was going crit and still used fire damage, I'd still want all of the things associated with fire pen and the celestial wheel, and I would remain using wands.

We are in violent agreement on both a chaos-based and a fire-based crit build then!
"
Does Totems gain Power Charges when they kill mobs after you cast Assasins Mark? coz I noticed that their damage went up for a second but no Power Charge indicator on my screen.

Tnx alot

As a general rule, no. You can gain a PC from AM if your totems die before the mob is killed.

Generally, people use self-cast Ice Spear (+fastercast+gmp) or ball lightning, or something like that to proc PC's.
Just wanted to drop by and thank the guide creator for publishing his build.
I played hardcore PoE back in closed beta and never made it to endgame maps, so when I returned with 2.0 I wasn't exactly very enthusiastic about the game and thought I'd get stuck again.

Thanks to your build though I made it all the way through merciless after 4 rip'ed characters and farm Vaal Oversoul at the moment.

Even though this isn't exactly a beginner guide and I had to figure a lot of stuff out for myself (where to get the needed gems from, how to progress, how to use my skills etc.) it helped me immensely and I'm rocking an amazingly high dps build with minimal micromanagement.

Thanks a lot.

P.S.:
To all beginners:
Get the Armorer Master and Armor/Energy Shield master into your hideout first.
They have a chance to spawn the red gems you need for survival.
"
damelon wrote:

As I still have a high rolled consuming dark, I will likely be trying out the full crit conversion in a day or two. Just picked up a bunch of regrets to do this. I looked it over, and based on the node changes, it will up my total hp, armor, resists, cast speed, and crit chance/dmg but lower my fire/elemental damage. Still I think that it will come out ahead like you mentioned and I have the currency to spec back if I don't like it. Thanks for the tips on your crit optimizations, txd.

Ok. So I just finished my current re-spec. Almost everything is higher across the board. (on paper) Of course I am completely aware that I have lost my fire penetration which is tooltip-invisible, but in general chaos resistance is lower. Also, I am aware that poison < ignite.

I will stick this out for a while to see how it works out. My 1h DPS using consuming dark and shield is now 31,245k. (Dual wield is 40,531 with that dagger) So that went up. Armor is higher, so my physical damage reduction jumped 4%. Resistances are higher, now that I regained the 1% total to fire and the two additional life/chaos nodes. Regen is higher, as I gained 1.8% more life regen. My life ended up dipping a little short term due to the loss of Cruel Preparation and Devotion plus some strength nodes. I added 31% in life nodes and lost 35%. However that is only because I took the 3 cast speed nodes (Mental Rapidity) now instead of later and currently still retained the Fire Walker node. (I still need the fire resistance it gives)

I'm 84 now, and my next two nodes should be life & armor which will net 18% more armor and 8% more life. I will eventually also drop fire walker and the elemental damage node before it in place of a jewel, which should end up as about the same damage with 7% more life in the long run.

Again, thanks for the ideas! Great suggestions for chaos based crit.

Last edited by damelon on Jul 29, 2015, 3:07:03 PM
What does your new passive tree look like?

Would the double curse be worth picking up for both aggressive and defensive playstyles?

ie. Aggressive could be Flammability + Ele Weakness while Defensive could be Enfeeble + Temporal Chains.

IGN: @Ntee
"
Ntee wrote:

Would the double curse be worth picking up for both aggressive and defensive playstyles?

ie. Aggressive could be Flammability + Ele Weakness while Defensive could be Enfeeble + Temporal Chains.

It is 100% worth picking up if you never roll curse immune maps. And you would use assassin's mark over ele weakness
Last edited by txd on Jul 29, 2015, 3:05:28 PM
"
Ntee wrote:

It is here. A little different than txd's but not much.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMFQgYOCaoJ9gthDF8OPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEWbxkuGj4cpx0UJKok2CW8J-0pLiycLKcy0TbFNuk8LUGWRUdKxE6uU6VXDVjlWiteXV8_Zp5oZWjydqx7IHyDfLh99YIHgpuDX4PMg_OFbYdli4yOZI9GmjuiAKPypwinlK2NrhKus69ssTa2-rc-wGbAmsMTxPbGrs9-0PXR_dIh1HzVgdWm2CTYvdlh2XzZ_NtP37_gw-Fz42rr7u087w7wH_Gs8kHzm_ZI9q73pviT-d360v4K_oc=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info