[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Edit: Nvm :PPPP
Sugarpuff level 86 witch default laugue
Last edited by sugarpuff on Jul 29, 2015, 11:58:08 AM
"
abhorr wrote:
"
believers wrote:
"
abhorr wrote:
can someone link me a good wand or scepter for a templar? i have 298 strength, 145 intelligence and im lvl 65.

poe trade "Mind Goad Serpent Wand"

dammm this looks really good, but i barely have 145 intelligence .-.

1 node or gear with some int will boost the dps alot for you w a good wand like dat prob
"
sugarpuff wrote:
Crit chance and crit damage gems hello lol?

Especially since one got low crit with this build, going from 10 top 15+% crit chance is the same as a flat 50% MORE dps modifier if crits do double dmg

?

Only reason to use wand over dagger for a Crit build is if it has both high cast speed AND Crit multiplier, this wand unfortunately can only have 1 or the other added to it, in this case a dagger would be better than the wand and you can get a decent dagger for the price you have your wand listed at.
My guess was that he saw the build, and wondered why crit chance and damage gems werent used. The response would be... because the build itself is not a crit build.

Most people who have reached endgame have switched to more crit later, and that topic has hijacked this thread for the most part, but LiftingNerdBro's build was supposed to be a beginners BM totem build, which would be a low cost EZ-mode build for new players and leagues. For those of us that continue to play, we are always looking for ways to optimize and improve our builds, so we're tweaking constantly.

A witch/shadow (all out) crit build is very different than this, and in general would use a lot of the top right of the skill tree, which this build does not use at all. Those of us who have gone crit tend to only use the crit nodes in the top or top left part of the tree and still use the major pieces of this build, since it is where we started from (followed the build or decided to post here because of similarities)

"
txd wrote:

Only reason to use wand over dagger for a Crit build is if it has both high cast speed AND Crit multiplier, this wand unfortunately can only have 1 or the other added to it, in this case a dagger would be better than the wand and you can get a decent dagger for the price you have your wand listed at.

As I still have a high rolled consuming dark, I will likely be trying out the full crit conversion in a day or two. Just picked up a bunch of regrets to do this. I looked it over, and based on the node changes, it will up my total hp, armor, resists, cast speed, and crit chance/dmg but lower my fire/elemental damage. Still I think that it will come out ahead like you mentioned and I have the currency to spec back if I don't like it. Thanks for the tips on your crit optimizations, txd.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 29, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
"
damelon wrote:
My guess was that he saw the build, and wondered why crit chance and damage gems werent used. The response would be... because the build itself is not a crit build.

Most people who have reached endgame have switched to more crit later, and that topic has hijacked this thread for the most part, but LiftingNerdBro's build was supposed to be a beginners BM totem build, which would be a low cost EZ-mode build for new players and leagues. For those of us that continue to play, we are always looking for ways to optimize and improve our builds, so we're tweaking constantly.

A witch/shadow (all out) crit build is very different than this, and in general would use a lot of the top right of the skill tree, which this build does not use at all. Those of us who have gone crit tend to only use the crit nodes in the top or top left part of the tree and still use the major pieces of this build, since it is where we started from (followed the build or decided to post here because of similarities)

"
txd wrote:

As I still have a high rolled consuming dark, I will likely be trying out the full crit conversion in a day or two. Just picked up a bunch of regrets to do this. I looked it over, and based on the node changes, it will up my total hp, armor, resists, cast speed, and crit chance/dmg but lower my fire/elemental damage. Still I think that it will come out ahead like you mentioned and I have the currency to spec back if I don't like it. Thanks for the tips on your crit optimizations, txd.

Good luck, you will notice a significant damage increase upwards of 20k more on tooltip with the right gear, it's definitely a game changer in terms of end game map clear speed. Optimally you will want 2 really good Crit daggers as well as a consuming dark you can swap in for ele reflect maps with ease.

These are a good example of what your looking for.
Last edited by txd on Jul 29, 2015, 12:09:52 PM
Out of curiosity, what would an optimal dual curse iteration of this build look like?
IGN: @Ntee
"
txd wrote:

Good luck, you will notice a significant damage increase upwards of 20k more on tooltip with the right gear, it's definitely a game changer in terms of end game map clear speed. Optimally you will want 2 really good Crit daggers as well as a consuming dark you can swap in for ele reflect maps with ease.

These are a good example of what your looking for.

Well I have an "average" secondary dagger, which will do for now if I want to dual-wield

The ones you listed just flat out aren't for sale, and the only one even close is 3 exa, and it is still worse than either of those. I doubt I'll even need it though. On my current tree, before any re-spec, just switching in consuming dark with a shield plus iron will in place of fire pen gives me 28k dps. (vs my wand which is like 29.5k) So I'm assuming after re-spec it will be even higher than it is now with the wand, but with chaos. That being said, most stuff tends to melt quickly already, so dual-wield would just be added bonus on top of that.

I am also trying to find a shield like yours which can be crafted with cast speed to test out.
Last edited by damelon on Jul 29, 2015, 12:55:46 PM
Just chiming in here on the choice between daggers and wands for crit totems.

For me, the added c.20% cast speed (per wand) + implicit spell damage is worth a little more than the implicit crit chance + c.30% crit multi on daggers - even for a crit build. Cast speed works especially well with flat spell damage modifiers, obviously.

You can see the effect of both pretty easily, just gem a faster cast and a crit damage and then work out which provides more bang for buck.

These are my decent (but not amazing) warbands' wands:

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jul 29, 2015, 1:47:28 PM
Does Totems gain Power Charges when they kill mobs after you cast Assasins Mark? coz I noticed that their damage went up for a second but no Power Charge indicator on my screen.

Tnx alot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info