[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
rotan wrote:
Enjoying the build so far; currently at 17,139 dps with room to improve. Thanks!

Can you post your gear please?

Also, I've bought this staff and it has room for a sufix or a prefix.

What should I craft to it?

Options available: increased elem damage%, increased cast speed% and added elem dmg to spells

I've been using some of my old flameblast and RT flicker striker gear. Currently level 82, beat all of act 4 merciless today only dying to Piety a second before her death thanks to some lag. I swapped out Mind Cage for the current helmet and Rathpit for Phoenix to give me a survivability boost. Don't mind all my gems, some of them are there since I didn't take the time to put a proper skill setup in yet and I test different things. Looking to upgrade my amulet and get a better armor for the build. I find the Chaos resistance on The Broken Crown greatly adds to my survivability - I don't think I could have beaten the act 4 boss without dying without it.
What are your thoughts on spending 5 points at the top of the tree to dual curse elemental weakness along with flammability? (Sorry if you covered this already. Forums are super slow today I can't go through all the pages)
IGN: Pockey
I have a question about the suggested 4-link in which you would put Herald of Thunder, Flammability and Vaal Haste; linking everything with Increased Duration increases the life cost of Herald of Thunder, and I can't see a good reason to do so because the on-kill effect of HoT never procs to me.
I'm a noob so I'm following the guide, have I done something wrong? There is a good reason to lose so much health?
I linked a Phase run with my cast on damage taken along with what you sugested
"
Foricon wrote:
I have a question about the suggested 4-link in which you would put Herald of Thunder, Flammability and Vaal Haste; linking everything with Increased Duration increases the life cost of Herald of Thunder, and I can't see a good reason to do so because the on-kill effect of HoT never procs to me.
I'm a noob so I'm following the guide, have I done something wrong? There is a good reason to lose so much health?

It increases the reserve, but not significantly. I cant find any other options for rearranging so that it wont be this way. I currently have 880 reserved with and 650 without, 200 life is manageable. However, If it gets to be troublesome, you can always take out LMP from your pet and stick HOT in there. The pet really does the most just by being there, not from its damage.
flame totem or chaos golem?

Falame totem gives a nice buff to damage and synergises well with the flamability curse, but maybe it's better to go chaos on higher difficulties? Does the damage reduction from chaos golem apply to totems as well?
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
piotras wrote:

Falame totem gives a nice buff to damage and synergises well with the flamability curse, but maybe it's better to go chaos on higher difficulties? Does the damage reduction from chaos golem apply to totems as well?

I dont know if the DR applies to totems, but fire totem everyday for me.
"
Wayn091 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Elair wrote:
Hi there!

Could anyone explain me why choosing witch as your class do you pick 9% casting speed instead of 30% spell power beneath the very root of the tree? Isn't spell power more profitable as you claim it for gearing?
Thanks in advance!
The cast speed is taken since it makes the totem fire faster, therefore increasing DPS. We still need the spell power/damage so our extra fire speed is putting out higher damage each time it fires, however the cast speed on the tree in this case will give higher dps than the damage nodes.

I have a perfect understanding of the fact that cast speed increasing DPS through making the totem fire faster. The thing I don't understand is how to comprehend in which case which stat of this two is better. As it claimed by author spell damage and it's equivalents like elemental damage are more valuable offensive stats than cast speed when you choosing gear. Thus I see some sort of contradiction here and I would be very glad if you could solve it for me.
Last edited by Elair on Jul 15, 2015, 8:54:18 PM
"
piotras wrote:

Chaos Golem just isn't needed and slows your clear speed. Flame Golem's extra DPS is much better since you really don't need the damage reduction from Chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info