[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
yissus wrote:
i put the same question in the another marauder guide of this build... why we take celestial punishment node in the tree? the chance of ignite its too slow in this build or I missing something?...in the video you say that if we curse the enemies its worth to take it...so if we dont use curse not worth it?

Keep in mind that Flammability increases the chance to burn by quite a lot :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Strooder wrote:
I asked this in one of the other totem guides, but why added chaos, and not like cold/lightning?

Added chaos isn't resisted as easily from enemy minions and it has great synergy with Infernal Mantle :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I can craft to this staff either increased fire damage, increased cast speed or added fire/lightning/cold damage to spells. I think that added fire or lightning damage to spells would give me the most DPS, so my question is: should I pick added fire damage or lightning? Would more added fire damage benefit from the increased fire damage nodes we picked in the tree?

"
seinakooder wrote:
So for tooltip deeps, is it per one projectile or per totem? Or how do you even properly calculate the dps for this build?

It is Damage Per Second, exactly that.
"
BossIccold wrote:
Is it better to go with Quantity or Quality gem while doing high level maps on the culling totem?

Usually Quality, but if you have about 300, grab about 50 -100 quantity too :)
"
bidoof01 wrote:
Is sacrificing 500+hp for herald of thunder really worth the extra dps? For hardcore, I tend to want as much life as possible.

It's really up to you. I believe it to be worth, however if you're worried about survivability, there's nothing wrong with taking off the aura, or even trying to run it with more auras as standard magic if you have the money to keep all the stats you need rolled well enough!
"
CrYFu12 wrote:
I can craft to this staff either increased fire damage, increased cast speed or added fire/lightning/cold damage to spells. I think that added fire or lightning damage to spells would give me the most DPS, so my question is: should I pick added fire damage or lightning? Would more added fire damage benefit from the increased fire damage nodes we picked in the tree?

Out of all the stats you listed, it's a little hard to tell you exactly what to roll without seeing all your other gear, but if you're asking just from lightning or fire, I'd roll added fire damage. The %fire damage nodes will increase that further, yes.
The damage of this build isn't near other builds, but what makes it nice, is anyone can do it, and it's cheap! You also are insanely hard to kill because you don't have to cast hardly ever. I can see why this build is getting so popular. Very well thought out. I'm going to try it just because it looks fun and not brainless like ice nova
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
@lifting Just out of curiosity, why lightning warp over flame dash ?
Soul Mantle is quite nice, especially considering its dirty cheap. With warding flasks curses are not a problem.

The question is:
+33% pure damage with 3rd totem vs boosted 2 totems with Infernal mantle?

I don't know. Also 3 totems with +50% hp are a bit harder to kill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info