[2.0] Cheap Cyclone / Dual Strike Wings of Entropy

"
riseonix wrote:
79% increased life at lvl 90.
WAT
A
T
Thats literally retarded.

I know I need to eventually rework it to have more survivability and less damage. I was posting the exact build I was using in game and trying to see how high my dps could go with only buying a Wings of Entropy.
"
"
riseonix wrote:
79% increased life at lvl 90.
WAT
A
T
Thats literally retarded.

I know I need to eventually rework it to have more survivability and less damage. I was posting the exact build I was using in game and trying to see how high my dps could go with only buying a Wings of Entropy.

fair enough WoE gives stupid damage with few investment anyway
After having a Wings of Entropy drop for me in Warbands, I decided to give this build a shot. Currently level 74 and blasting through maps with ease so far. I've made some modifications to the passive tree because I don't think that going up towards Scion is worthwhile, and I wanted to grab more survivability. You can replicate Sentinel with Diamond Skin and life/armour/evasion nodes in the Duelist and Marauder starting areas, and Duality alone doesn't seem particularly worth the trip unless going full glass cannon. I also decided to go with Kraityn in Cruel for the 8% attack speed rather than Oak.

This is what I'm aiming for at level 90 (subject to change depending on jewels):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7IrwxILpRsqQhNnEuEd-qZTV-L02h2plTb6nYEFjcBHVV5dDMUz_v9WPYFO71lhEngVmIWBAoMGLdPF6714TgUHbpymlBS0hVeSx70417wlYdO0s-9w9Od1hUjrt0_yKIgd1xVOGYCcgwKbcMjboSHgB5wU8pzAUTRv6n8uezfxLJd_SIbyftizyQVcNGJGkGYIH2WHxrNl8rY0pLs9-fLh2rBo-6hjyL18_9zL46_ZIFCB82WRSjM_vDk4ywaM9_FBHF-HiYVhj5FEm-DB3xtiXeRNMWf4JljkO

Last edited by Ayesafaile on Jul 20, 2015, 6:02:22 AM
Great work Twisted and Ayesafaile, I'm enjoying this build.

I started with Twisted's build straight up, and found that I was just too squishy. I do need to mention I'm fairly poorly geared, and only have about 2300 life. Twisted's build did crazy damage even with only a 4-link Cyclone using Faster Attacks, Weapon Ele Damage, Melee phys, and low-level cyclone/ash/hatred(level 8 to start). Also worth noting is that i did not have fortify yet, so that may have been part of the defense problem.

I was getting one-shotted with my gear on 66 maps, so I switched to Ayesafaile's build and was instantly pretty tanky up through most 70 maps (haven't tried higher yet), still with only 2300 life and 4-link cyclone. Damage wasn't near the Twisted build, but was plenty for this level maps. As my cyclone/ash/hatred are leveling up, damage is becoming great. I also was able to add a 5-link Carcass Jack which helped a ton for my cyclone damage.

Thanks again for the build!
2300 HP definitely sounds a bit on the sketchy side! Hopefully you can find some nice health items to bump you up over the 3k mark at least.

As an update, I'm up to level 88 now and I haven't needed to make any significant changes to the build. I respecced out of Revelry since I no longer needed it, and picked up some leech (Hematophagy cluster) and a jewel socket. I've been fine in the handful of level 76-78 maps that I've managed to run, though my granite/resist flasks are starting to see some more use depending on the map mods.

I've got 4.5k health and 12.3k base armour currently. I managed to get my hands on a Daresso's Defiance chest and am absolutely loving it.

One adjustment I've made is slotting Blood Rage in my CwDT setup (with Molten Shell and Warlord's Mark), since Phase Run doesn't really do anything. I have enough armour and health regen to not have to worry about Blood Rage degen while out of combat, except in no regen maps. It's a nice boost to attack speed and life leech, and allows you to get some frenzy charges rolling.

I also hooked my Flame Golem up to Minion Life and Minion Elemental Resist so that he doesn't die so often.

Current Tree at 88
Great post folks! I found this originally as I got a WoE on a loot drop on my fledgling Cyclone 2H buid, and I wanted to see what I could do with this unique. Overall it was worth the conversion. This weapon really can mow stuff down, and the extra defense from blocking shows.

I went a slightly different route then the others. I chose Scion...mostly for aesthetics (wanted to try one), and I liked the access to elemental resists, as my early gear suffered for it. Suffice to say that with my build, resist are not an issue. if you have solid resist gear, then you could probably start with heading towards the constitution node instead of the elemental nodes...there's not much there to miss if you decide to do that. I'll eventually hit constitution anyways, it's a few points and the health is worth it.

here's a link to my full build:

Here's my build @ 74:

As you can see, I made a few modifications based on gear necessities...I lacked the INT for a few of the gems I was using, and I didn't want to spend my low resources trying to roll gear with Int on it, so I dipped into some INT points. I plan on moving those around as soon as I get a chance.

I leveled her actually as a 2H Ground Slam/Cyclone build initially as I didn't have any 1h worth squat, So I can speak from experience that you don't need 1h weapons to level this spec. as 2h are easier to find with large # of sockets, it made my progression that much easier. I basically avoided any of the DW skills as much as I could...there was a small stint when I reached Dervish where I had to decide if putting points in DW skills that I wasn't using at the time (leveling with 2h). But I had some nice 2H weapons, so I felt the trade-off was worth it.

In Leveling it helps to work your way down the primary path, and pick up only the nodes that benefit you generally (i.e. no 2h or DW nodes if you can help it). then fill in the weapon specific nodes as you need to. I started with the DW nodes, as the extra block really helped in defense. I used a few rings with accuracy on them until I was able to pick up RT. Didn't noticed much if the accuracy hurt me prior, but definitely felt it once I got RT.

my stats are a bit low (2.5k health, 9k-ish armor), but I make up for that with regular and steady endurance charges, and constant fortify buff on my cyclone ( and lots of life leech). instead of going the route of 2 CoDT setups, I just did one with molten shell, blood rage, and Warlord's cry. I set up my Flame golem with extra health, damage, and culling strike...he polished off more mobs and bosses then I expected!

both golem and enduring cry are manually triggered...I just find when I'm whirling it's easier to keep a full stack of endurance charges up with EC then trying to stick ECoMS in one of my attacks. That, and it gives me something to do outside of whirling :) (cyclone can get boring at times).

Other notable uniques I use (I found em, why not). got luck with a belly of the beast (moderate rolls, 4 sockets), and a pair of Surgebinders. the Surgebinders motivated me to spend some extra points in Frenzy charges. But overall its a fun build and a great starter for higher level maps. Been running up through lvl 74 maps with no issues.

I did Oak+Kill+Kill for Bandits...extra points really help with this build. But I'm finding this build far easier to run maps with then my other cyclone build with 2 CwDT setups. Not sure if its the experience in builds, or the weapon, or the few extra uniques I have to fluff up my damage/defenses. But she's cruising through areas my other cyclone build would be chugging potions just to survive.
Thought I'd show this it's my warbands WoE Cyclone / Frostblades build

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAAYB3AUtB3UJWA2NFHUUqRX2GNsc3CFVIWAo-jGeMgk1kjXvOu1AoEGHQzFEnkWdRrdHfkp9SshN41NSU7tWLVuvXhNfOWBBYnljcGVNZfBngGxGbbRuaW6qbztybHLDdPF1TnXLd-N4DXrve8OBQYLHguSE2YUyh2qHdoqvivCNfo8akBGa4JstplemjagHqW6plKsLsKu18rc-uJO5Hb02vqe_1cAawKbBi8SCzAbNmNNv0_zV-Ni926fcPd0N3uXjn-pi6-756P4K_o8=

It's a Mind over mater build that uses immortal flesh belt to get a lot of my mana regen to sustain mom.

The core items.

The mom theory behind this build was that I'm mostly using it to mitigate small to medium hits.
For large hits I go oom completely for a tiny bit but the regen is pretty fast.
I also use a low lvl clarity on bloodmagic gem.

One thing I will say is if your going melee with woe it is really hard to pass up the crit nodes in duelist for dual wield. They really add a huge amount of dps even with a low crit base weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info