[2.0] Cheap Cyclone / Dual Strike Wings of Entropy

*7/16/15 working on build still, updated today with new gear and video of 70 map.*

I made this build with a fresh start in mind for 2.0. Since you can use Dual Strike with any type of one handed weapon and Wings of Entropy is level 60, the passive tree all the way to level 60 stays away from weapon specific passives. Iron Reflexes is picked up early in the build, this means you can utilize any type of armor and it will all be converted to armor. You can also use any weapon as long as it is one handed, this helps greatly leveling since you aren't limited in gear choices and can pretty much use anything that drops.

The good thing about this build is you can use any gear until level 60, and once you hit level 60 the only piece of gear you need to buy is Wings of Entropy, which even in a new league is super cheap, meaning only a few chaos are needed. You end up with pretty high damage output and pretty high defense with minimal effort.

Last edited by TwiztedPrince on Jul 18, 2015, 10:06:20 AM
How are you going in terms of health? You don't seem to have many notable health nodes near the duelist like lifeless, thick skin, golem's blood or heart of the warrior. If your going to sustain your health through life leech on your dual strike + melee splash setup, you might want to pick up vaal pact and lust for carnage. Mana wise, revelry of essence sap is all you need if you're having any issues there. For your gems, you'll definitely want multistrike linked to your dual strike and double strike + increased weapon ele dmg for supporting gems. Hope some of this might help out with your build.
Thanks, added the Essence Sap to the build, so far health isn't a problem, but I do see it being a problem down the road. My gem setup isn't complete yet as I am updating as I level.
Hit level 60 tonight and updated my guide, feedback would be great on my passive tree up to level 60. I have yet to find a 5L or 6L so I am stuck with this gem setup for now.
what about passive tree after lvl 60?
any idea?
I run a very similar build with a Marauder base, it's great to pick up the 2 handed skills once you can use the wings. Your reach up into the templar seems like a waste of skills, mine will look like this near the end, there's a few options open for jewel sockets or more life leech or charges in the duelist tree area.
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38xFj2SF8_FCDvDho-8i8c52oeajvSIfJBggdXDdlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZns3ynG6X976nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkaluwBp4DbXybqpKyFivNuhttKgHZ4AaVWEhhO_awUMxV5cR1WNwYEG-p2VNvTZHfoTZxLjV-L_VU7t07QUteu9EniFgwYuBQTXvOu108Sml26cJWNP8QKBeEyFVLPuKIicg3D0HdcCmTP9OKiPTbyeaao9g4J8FZhv6Jd-2LKQZfLgpLlBH5FHWWG87qZSHaoVS6wk5DgmWl3k=
Soul of Steel, unwavering stance, and bloodless are all right there, and are really powerful for a melee oriented build. Also the 2 handed group along with the dual wield are a powerful combo in the bottom of the duelist tree area.
"
Worldspawn wrote:
I run a very similar build with a Marauder base, it's great to pick up the 2 handed skills once you can use the wings. Your reach up into the templar seems like a waste of skills, mine will look like this near the end, there's a few options open for jewel sockets or more life leech or charges in the duelist tree area.
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38xFj2SF8_FCDvDho-8i8c52oeajvSIfJBggdXDdlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZns3ynG6X976nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8YkaluwBp4DbXybqpKyFivNuhttKgHZ4AaVWEhhO_awUMxV5cR1WNwYEG-p2VNvTZHfoTZxLjV-L_VU7t07QUteu9EniFgwYuBQTXvOu108Sml26cJWNP8QKBeEyFVLPuKIicg3D0HdcCmTP9OKiPTbyeaao9g4J8FZhv6Jd-2LKQZfLgpLlBH5FHWWG87qZSHaoVS6wk5DgmWl3k=

Yeah, added a note last night that I remade my passive tree, dropped all ele nodes and went 2H.
Last edited by TwiztedPrince on Jul 13, 2015, 3:38:28 AM
Guide is updated.
This looks nice, going to wait until you finish it, cause I have a lvl 71 duelist that I don't know what to do with. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info