(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I'm a bit confused about which Cyclone links are better. I'm lv84 and using a 5l Cyclone with the links mentioned in the guide:
Cyclone - Added Fire Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Chance to Bleed

Would this change make my dps better?
Cyclone - Ruthless - Melee Physical Damage - Maim - Chance to Bleed

According to POB my effective dps gets a lot better, but tooltip becomes lower by 8k. Which links should I be using?
Last edited by epiy0 on Aug 14, 2017, 11:04:04 AM
for softcore, which is better? jugg or zerk?
"
Castiel343 wrote:
for softcore, which is better? jugg or zerk?

both:) zerk=more dmg and jugg is safe and very good for uber lab...
Last edited by BeneTleilax on Aug 14, 2017, 11:19:09 AM
Spoiler
"
I'm a bit confused about which Cyclone links are better. I'm lv84 and using a 5l Cyclone with the links mentioned in the guide:
Cyclone - Added Fire Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Chance to Bleed

Would this change make my dps better?
Cyclone - Ruthless - Melee Physical Damage - Maim - Chance to Bleed

According to POB my effective dps gets a lot better, but tooltip becomes lower by 8k. Which links should I be using?

tooltip is very well known for showing the wrong DPS. path of building dps is right.
I want to share with you guys my setup. I know this post will be buried with 50 pages+, but yeah I read all the pages last week.

To contextualize, I'm doing a Brutality variation of this build, using Starforge as main weapon. I've tested a lot of mechanics to push the char the most I can afford right now, and after like two weeks of market and PoB, this is my char:

Berserker. 6k800 HP. Actual DPS: 400K (without obscure situations, just normal things), DPS with 20/20 gems: 670k.
75/74/73 (need some gear with better rolls) and something like -30% chaos I think. I can't remember because I'm at work right now. Later I'll post the pastebin.

I'm doing T15 really fine, with lazyness of don't be at full buff all the time. Clearspeed is better now with the Starforge, I felt in the end my AoE has increased over the Atziri's Disfavour I used to use. My only problem is the one-shots that most boss mechanics have, but most times I evade it with leap easily. I die only to this ocasions. Before, I died for Piety in T14 like all the fucking times, and when she turns into archer mode I died before entering the map (lol). Now I just stand on her side doing damage, without any concern.

Those are my equips right now:

Spoiler

First thing I look for is a way to apply shock. I tried CWDT 1 + Shock nova (20% chance) + Culling strike. Shock nova hits, culling works. But shock is due to lightning damage, so it never applied. I tried other skills, and found that is impossible to do it with only gems. So, I went to equips.

I can't change my boots right now, so I grabbed a Jewel with %Life and %Shock chance. Only 4% of chance, and now when I do bosses, almost 100% of the time they're shocked. I'm surprised of it's effectiveness. I'm not planning on buy another boots. Maybe farm some uber labs (also, it's fucking fine do uber lab). But no need to enchant boots. MAYBE another jewel.

Blood rage all the time. Inc duration because I'm lazy to rebuff every 7-8s. Brass dome was mandatory to me because as a Berserker, I don't have much defenses. Before it I was dying to T12 T13 bosses. To generate endurances and fortify I use Leap + Faster attacks + Stun + End.charge on stun + Fortify. On bosses I use enduring cry to refresh the time counter of the endurance charges.

CWDT + IC is almost mandatory to deal with phys reflect monsters (in my case, as I have only max 3 endurance charges). Reflect maps can be done with peace, but it's anoying as is to every melee build. I died SO MUCH to reflect when I tooked off the IC because I was needing the charges to mitigate damage, but it's not worth. It's mandatory to have IC on CWDT.

And finally, I've tested almost all combinations of ways to apply curses on monsters. After long time thinking, my conclusion is that we don't need ofensive curses, because trash mobs already die fast, and the effect of a curse on "Curse on hit" gloves is drastically diminuted by -60% effect of curses that bosses have (-80% shaper), our DPS is already high. So I went to a defensive curse.

Temp chains seems to be a good choice, but the bosses will still hit hard. So, enfeeble lv 20 even with the -60% effect, still will reduce a lot of damage received. It'll work almost like a -15% (or something) reduced damage taken, wich is A FUCKING LOT. The decision to apply it with vengeance is mine, because I'll be always close to the boss, and vengeance can apply bleed and blind too. Blind, again, very defensive mechanic. If you want, you can go CWDT + Curse + utilities, but in my opinion you can have more defensiveness by having a setup like mine.

Carnage heart for me was the best change I've made, the speed of the leech helps a lot to stay alive without life flasks. It was day/night change. Absolutelly mandatory in my case (and opinion, if you need more fast leech, not being a slayer or something).

Quartz flask also was a day/night change. It's chance to dodge, so Brass Dome will not affect this chance (brass dome has -30% chance to block) I've never had a flask with Curse Immunity, now I can't live without one. Planning on get a Lion's roar in place of the Quicksilver flask. It's not meant for trash mobs, only for bosses, when the knockback isn't a problem.

There's a lot of things that you can change, change the helmet or get a %cyclone mod, get better rings/belts, get mod on the boots... Again, this is what I can afford/find right now, but I'm preeetty happy with it right now.

The tree Is almost the same that are posted here, but tonight I'll post the pastebin so you can mess with. OR you can import my character with my account name, It's public.

Hope this can help you guys XD
Last edited by Shiiro95 on Aug 14, 2017, 1:49:09 PM
Spoiler
"
Shiiro95 wrote:
I want to share with you guys my setup. I know this post will be buried with 50 pages+, but yeah I read all the pages last week.

To contextualize, I'm doing a Brutality variation of this build, using Starforge as main weapon. I've tested a lot of mechanics to push the char the most I can afford right now, and after like two weeks of market and PoB, this is my char:

Berserker. 6k800 HP. Actual DPS: 400K (without obscure situations, just normal things), DPS with 20/20 gems: 670k.
75/74/73 (need some gear with better rolls) and something like -30% chaos I think. I can't remember because I'm at work right now. Later I'll post the pastebin.

I'm doing T15 really fine, with lazyness of don't be at full buff all the time. Clearspeed is better now with the Starforge, I felt in the end my AoE has increased over the Atziri's Disfavour I used to use. My only problem is the one-shots that most boss mechanics have, but most times I evade it with leap easily. I die only to this ocasions. Before, I died for Piety in T14 like all the fucking times, and when she turns into archer mode I died before entering the map (lol). Now I just stand on her side doing damage, without any concern.

Spoiler

First thing I look for is a way to apply shock. I tried CWDT 1 + Shock nova (20% chance) + Culling strike. Shock nova hits, culling works. But shock is due to lightning damage, so it never applied. I tried other skills, and found that is impossible to do it with only gems. So, I went to equips.

I can't change my boots right now, so I grabbed a Jewel with %Life and %Shock chance. Only 4% of chance, and now when I do bosses, almost 100% of the time they're shocked. I'm surprised of it's effectiveness. I'm not planning on buy another boots. Maybe farm some uber labs (also, it's fucking fine do uber lab). But no need to enchant boots. MAYBE another jewel.

Blood rage all the time. Inc duration because I'm lazy to rebuff every 7-8s. Brass dome was mandatory to me because as a Berserker, I don't have much defenses. Before it I was dying to T12 T13 bosses. To generate endurances and fortify I use Leap + Faster attacks + Stun + End.charge on stun + Fortify. On bosses I use enduring cry to refresh the time counter of the endurance charges.

CWDT + IC is almost mandatory to deal with phys reflect monsters. Reflect maps can be done with peace, but it's anoying as is to every melee build. I died SO MUCH to reflect when I tooked off the IC because I was needing the charges to mitigate damage, but it's not worth. It's mandatory to have IC on CWDT.

And finally, I've tested almost all combinations of ways to apply curses on monsters. After long time thinking, my conclusion is that we don't need ofensive curses, because trash mobs already die fast, and the effect of a curse on "Curse on hit" gloves is drastically diminuted by -60% effect of curses that bosses have (-80% shaper), our DPS is already high. So I went to a defensive curse.

Temp chains seems to be a good choice, but the bosses will still hit hard. So, enfeeble lv 20 even with the -60% effect, still will reduce a lot of damage received. It'll work almost like a -15% (or something) reduced damage taken, wich is A FUCKING LOT. The decision to apply it with vengeance is mine, because I'll be always close to the boss, and vengeance can apply bleed and blind too. Blind, again, very defensive mechanic. If you want, you can go CWDT + Curse + utilities, but in my opinion you can have more defensiveness by having a setup like mine.

Carnage heart for me was the best change I've made, the speed of the leech helps a lot to stay alive without life flasks. It was day/night change. Absolutelly mandatory in my case (and opinion, if you need more fast leech, not being a slayer or something).

Quartz flask also was a day/night change. It's chance to dodge, so Brass Dome will not affect this chance (brass dome has -30% chance to block) I've never had a flask with Curse Immunity, now I can't live without one. Planning on get a Lion's roar in place of the Quicksilver flask. It's not meant for trash mobs, only for bosses, when the knockback isn't a problem.

There's a lot of things that you can change, change the helmet or get a %cyclone mod, get better rings/belts, get mod on the boots... Again, this is what I can afford/find right now, but I'm preeetty happy with it right now.

The tree Is almost the same that are posted here, but tonight I'll post the pastebin so you can mess with. OR you can import my character with my account name, It's public.

there is an lab enchant you can use on your boots(that currently have no enchant on them) with an % chance to shock on hit. Just keep trying to get it on your current boots till you find better boots, then you can start trying to get that shock chance on those new boots, i mean leaving your boots without an enchant...

and for reflect, replace your least damage gem in cyclone set-up with life gain on hit gem, should take care of that, and so you can not use IC and get end charges up with 4% phy reduction each charge.
Last edited by Zeferiah on Aug 14, 2017, 12:53:49 PM
For a slayer what is next upgrade from 5L hezmana?
Spoiler
"
Shiiro95 wrote:

Spoiler

CWDT + IC is almost mandatory to deal with phys reflect monsters. Reflect maps can be done with peace, but it's anoying as is to every melee build. I died SO MUCH to reflect when I tooked off the IC because I was needing the charges to mitigate damage, but it's not worth. It's mandatory to have IC on CWDT.

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. What was your armor rating/phys reduction before switching to Brass Dome?

I have plans to to go either Brass Dome or Kaom's Heart but that would hurt my res. I could always replace my rings for combinations of two-stone rings for all res and forget about chaos res which is currently at 48% and tbh I'm not really sure if I need all that chaos res.
How good is commandment on war? I see under the guide section that it is the only glove enchantment recommended. I have lousy luck, don't think I've ever got it. I'm using Commandment of Fury at the moment and find it to be pretty good. Is commandment of war much better and worth farming lab for?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
For a slayer what is next upgrade from 5L hezmana?

Atziri's Disfavour if you want to keep using axes.

"
Jooki_Chewaka wrote:
level 83 scion here, and i was wondering, does Rampart give a better survival boost than Vitality Void?

Thank you

If you need mana leech, its worth going to vitality void cluster.

If you are stacking fortify effect and armour, Rampart is OK. But for 4 points, its pretty lackluster in general these days, especially if it costs you 20% life or 50-60% increased damage elsewhere.

Depends on your build. I will use it as a juggernaut with high armour, I will probably never use rampart on a slayer or raider that relies on leech or life pool.

"
Shiiro95 wrote:

Honestly, its 20 pages back, but I posted the same thing re: curses. With the recent changes to their effectiveness on bosses, I dont think its worth the investment. In terms of auras, nothing great for starforge either, at least not worth sacrificing all the mana. so for starforge, I always just go blood magic (keystone) and the only curse I'll use is a vuln on hit corruption on gloves.

The fact that the sword has a phat life roll on it makes BM even more obvious as a choice. It works really well with Kaom's heart. I would only really use auras on forge if I were doing an armour stacking juggernaut (grace + iron reflexes + determination). However, with the amount of incoming elemental damage in this game, I dont think armour stacking is great at end game... its OK for uber lab.

As it regards tooltip, pure phys has a lower tooltip than Phys+Ele, but Phys is often not resisted (there is a new physical damage reduction map mod, however). Most bosses and end game mobs have 40% ele resist.

This means 1 point of phys dps tends to be worth around 1.67 points of elemental DPS ( 1 divided by 0.6). Keep that in mind. I am doing brutality in LSC right now with a maul and easily doing uber izaro with 31k DPS 100% phys and a Maim warchief. My vulnerability is applied by CoH + Vengeance, it only really procs in long boss fights though, but this lets me get some utility out of vengeance.

This means a 30,000 dps of pure phys is comparable to a 45,000 dps build that is 50% phys 50% ele dmg.

I think we're at a point now where we have a clear cyclone progression, though.

Everyone starts out with the basic build lighty outlines, because its dirt cheap and gets you into at least T11 maps even with dogshit gear. I call this setup "Classic Lighty". However, once you want to optimize, you need to specialize either as phys or ele. Pure phys is great as its not resisted, but pure ele can have insane damage due to available penetration. But both styles need uniques to work, so they move beyond 2h lighty classic. If you want to play Classic Lighty to end game you need to invest very heavily in gear, because you need to support both physical and elemental damage.
Last edited by Samir316 on Aug 14, 2017, 1:37:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info