(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

gonna give it a go i like the way you broke it all down especially being new and all!! ty lol
"
faustian1 wrote:
Nice job on the 6l, dont forget to quality ! Im partial to kaoms as the life is more important than links , res or armour

"
Carlovski wrote:
Finally 6 linked a disfavour (Bought a better roll one for quite cheap rather than rolling over mine). I had insane fusing luck in talisman (a 2 fuse staff, 5 fuse windripper and a couple of chests for a few hundred max) so thought I'd see if it transferred. Bought about 8ex worth of fuses and just spammed it, not even looking for 5ls. Hit it with about half left, so happy.

Anyway, back to the chest dilemma. Currently using a 6l belly, which I don't really need any more.
My options are

I'm out of whetstones! Standard league problems, more exalts than whetstones.....
"
Carlovski wrote:
Finally 6 linked a disfavour (Bought a better roll one for quite cheap rather than rolling over mine). I had insane fusing luck in talisman (a 2 fuse staff, 5 fuse windripper and a couple of chests for a few hundred max) so thought I'd see if it transferred. Bought about 8ex worth of fuses and just spammed it, not even looking for 5ls. Hit it with about half left, so happy.

Anyway, back to the chest dilemma. Currently using a 6l belly, which I don't really need any more.
My options are

- Get a high armour rare with life and resists

- Keep the Belly. Maybe buy an unlinked top roll one.

- Use Kaoms, would need to lose blind on my vengeance setup, and would lose portal gem and the nice enhance link I have with it and blood rage. Wouldn't be legacy, and the only one I have I did stupidly vaal before adding quality! It does give me quite a chunk of life though.

- Use a legacy coil. Best defence wise, and I have a nice life roll one. But would need to lose the ming's heart, and get a pretty good ring to cap my lightning res. Would need to be really good to still keep me above ele weakness cap. This might be best done in conjunction with respec out of blood magic keystone. I'll try if I can find the right ring though.

OK, settled the argument (Partially out of annoyance and not scrapping the Kaom's!). I've gone for the Coil, as much as getting 7.5k life looks nice, the mitigation probably better. I could probably sell the 6l belly and my old disfavour and end up in profit on the whole deal, which is nice.
If found a cheap ring that covered my resists, crafted a bit of flat damage too. I'll look out for something GG too, and maybe look for better boots/belt (Which would let me use DPS gloves).

At about 6.4k life with the coil (I think, may be a bit less). I should be able to get close to 7k with a few levels too, I've got the devotion cluster to take next - 20% life for 3 points.
I'd really like to get an extra frenzy charge or 2 as well (Or should I grab endurance charge?) - might change my bandit choice, and maybe respec a little.

I'm hoping there is a good ascendancy class for marauder cycloner - thematically there should be, plus I don't have a levelled duelist, and I want to keep running the guy.
Character is whirly dan if anyone wants a look https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Carlovski/characters

Gear is
Spoiler

Decided to run Weapon Ele as my 6th link instead of Blood Magic. Traded three points from Executioner and 2 life nodes for 5 pts to pick up Spirit Void to sustain the mana cost.

I had been using Arctic Armour but I thought the 'while standing still' part had been removed after the changes to the damage reduction, if I have none while cycloning it's totally not worth it imo. Now to see how the loss of Executioner feels against single targets. Dropping the attack speed side of that wheel might be better?

at 8.1k life and 76k dps with WED (was at 62k with blood magic and Executioner)

Gotta get around to upgrading my jewelry as well...I'm trying to stay overcapped for ele weakness maps, while getting a lot of Dex+Int for my gems. Not really sure what I could do to drastically improve the jewelry, but I've been getting a lot of flak lately for having a 127 exalt belt and a bunch of 5c jewelry..haha >.>

Last edited by alexvsevil on Feb 4, 2016, 2:58:22 PM
Found one of these while mapping

This looks great for cycloner IMO, but don't see people using it so am I missing something? Increased move and attack speed, +2 to our cyclone gem, AND 1300 armor if you took the iron reflexes passive.
"
stoudtlr wrote:

This looks great for cycloner IMO, but don't see people using it so am I missing something? Increased move and attack speed, +2 to our cyclone gem, AND 1300 armor if you took the iron reflexes passive.

it's not awful, but life/resists or some other utility (such as carcass jack's huge aoe or lightning coil's defense mechanisms) are just flat out better

on the plus side, it DOES have a sweet skin transfer :p
Last edited by alexvsevil on Feb 4, 2016, 3:54:39 PM

The final ascendancy sub-classes are being released as the expansion launch date draws near. With the final marauder and scion class still a mystery the title of "best cyclone class" is still up in the air. What I didn't expect was a shadow class to become a potentially viable option. The trickster class offers a very interesting ability in Walk the Aether; Your movement skills cost no mana and grant 20% attack/cast speed if you've used one in the last 4 seconds. Essentially this grants a free link and permanent 20% attack speed for cycloners. What I imagine is going to happen with the varies skill gem adjustments is the removal of the "movement" tag from the cyclone skill altogether. I still feel that shadow will pale in comparison to marauder of duelist due to its tree placement but the option to roll a shadow cycloner seems to be more possible than ever.

p.s going to respond to the past days questions later tonight

Trickster Breakdown:
  • 2 points - Walk the Aether: Movement skills cost no mana. 20% increased attack speed and cast speed if you've used a movement skill within 4 seconds.
  • 2 points - Weave the Arcane: 25% increased mana. 50% increased mana regen. 5% chance to gain 10% of maximum mana when you use a skill.
  • 2 points - Ghost Dance: 20% faster ES recharge start. 5% chance to dodge attacks, 5% chance to dodge spell damage. 10% increased ES on full energy shield.
  • 4 points - Shade Form: +500 evasion rating. +250 to energy shield. 20% increased attack and cast speed if energy shield has started recharging within 4 seconds. 20% MORE chance to evade attacks WHEN NOT ON FULL energy shield.
  • 2 points - Patient Reaper: 30% increased DoT. 60% increased life, energy shield, and mana recovery if you've killed an enemy with DoT damage in the past 4 seconds.
  • 2 points - swift killer: 10 chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill. +1 maximum frenzy charge.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 4, 2016, 4:42:26 PM
"
stoudtlr wrote:

What I noticed as a new player to the build and to the game in general, is that unique chests make gearing more expensive. Its hard to find helm/gloves/boots that have high armor/life/res and some other needed stats like movement speed,attack speed, missing attributes etc. So if you are going to use a unique it must be worth it. Imo, I would only change my astral plate for coil or daresso's.

As for mana, used to play with spirit void also and now I just play with one neck with 0.7+ mana leech and change to blood magic in no mana regen maps.

About ascendancy classes. Do you think champion can compare to slayer on damage considering the gems we can use instead of fortify?
you don't need fortify on cyclone, run it with leap slam. putting WED in instead gave me like 15k dps.

i think it's going to be very hard to beat 40% bonus to rares/uniques and even more damage to them when they're on low life (almost a pseudo culling) trash mobs have always been ez, single target is what i want, so i can't see myself not going slayer x)
I allready run WED since I play with mana. I was thinking something like running both increased area and concentrated at the same time or PtL and increased area/conc. Also there are damage bonuses on champ too and since its more defensive I was wondering what could the actuall diff in dps with slayer might be and if its worth it.
Last edited by Jdahl22 on Feb 4, 2016, 6:55:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info