(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
13isLucky wrote:
"
Dragonide wrote:
*Does the happy dance*

Just reached lv 82 as my highest character in PoE all thanks to Lighty and his holy build :D

So far I have just 2 problems. Kinda low life even though I've taken all life nodes and all my gear has life. And phy reflect maps (With even as low as 13% reflect) are kinda nightmare to me.

Right now sitting at 4.3k life and 19k tooltip DPS (Up to 23k with Frenzy charges and Blood Rage)
Still haven't picked heavy AXE damage nodes so my DPS will jump even higher in a couple of levels. :D

Here is my current gear. Any suggestions for improvements is welcomed.

Spoiler

I had the same issue on the 13% reflects. I changed melee phys to added fire and it made the reflect maps a breeze. Currently running a 5L like you. Your dps is a bit higher but it is worth a shot.

Swapping out melee physical for weapon elemental damage and added life gain on hit to your cyclone setup makes physical reflect maps alot more do-able.
LightyGaming.com
"
scrooge999 wrote:
As everyone is using Blood Magic, I just wanted to state that it's definitely viable to run Cyclone off mana with this build. The only things I changed to make it possible was spending two points to get to Mana Flows and wearing an Elreon ring (I also took the Unrelenting cluster but that's in Lighty's tree as well).

Doing that, I have 116 mana available (running Herald and Hatred) and a 5-linked Cyclone costs me 28 mana. That means that I can cyclone four times without hitting anything (more like five times with my mana regeneration). If I do hit anything at all, I leech mana back and can continue. In practice, I haven't run out of mana in a very long time.

So for a very small investment, I get an extra link (and more life) which is Added Fire, giving me extra DPS. It's not vastly superior or anything but I don't think it's strictly worse either.

This is all true but don't forget that you cant run 25%/50%/100% less/no regen maps if your running off mana. It also prevents you from running 100% reserved mana off auras ( not a big deal ).
LightyGaming.com
"
blingi wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Diggleer wrote:
Hey there,

I've got a question regarding Belly of the Beast.

I'm currently running a 6 link axe and a 1,5k armour, 100 life, resi chest armor...

Is it worth it to buy a Belly of the Beast? Which armour would you recommend? (Warbands League)

Edit: Kaom's Heart with 500 life might also be an option. Especially since I'm running Added fire damage with cyclone.

If you already have your weapon 6 linked Kaoms Heart is the best option; unless you really want a multiple vaal cyclone setup in your body armour.

Is Kaom's really better defensively than Lightning Coil?
Currently thinking about which of those two I should buy now that I have a 6l Disfavour.

I already have close to 7k health, so the Heart would probably get me to around 8500 (~20% more) but I'm not sure how much mitigation the 30% damage taken as lightning turns out to be (I have around 55% physical reduction with endurance charges and 85% with granite potion up).
Kaom's would probably force me to drop Leap Slam and either one CWDT setup or Vengeance.

Its basically Kaoms ( 1500* life after scaling ) vs. 30-40% ( legacy pending ) physical damage mitigated from lightning resistance ( 75% vs armour ). If you have 6k life without Lightning coil Its a great option for dealing with physical damage, i would also suggest having a topaz of grounding flask encase you get shocked.
LightyGaming.com
"
dearblues wrote:
Need Some Help atm.

What Item Do I Need To Change. My Hp Is 3.6k atm

Replace all your gear ( excluding weapon & helm ) with life added rolls; keep in mind a large portion of your life will come from levels and the passive tree. Kaoms heart offers a large armour, 500 life before scaling.
LightyGaming.com
"
dr460nf1r3 wrote:
How much HP and DPS do i roughly need to do atziri ?

4.5-5.5K Life
10-15K Tooltip Dps
75% All Res ( Required )

Thought i added it to the "Apex of sacrifice" section but turns out i didn't ( until now )!
LightyGaming.com
"
Ysqanir wrote:
Hi,
first I´d like to say I really love this build, pretty much the only thing that killed me was Malakai...
Until now. I tried the atziri, more like "how far can I get before it tears me down" as i knew i was under-equipped, but it still surprised me how fast I died to the trio. So to the usual question - could you advice me on the next upgrade? :)

current gear

I know the links are off, esp on the boots, but that should not be the problem...

Current HP 3,9k,
DPS 12k (Hatred+Haste+HoA)

Trio can be very tricky and the best advice is to take your time ( even if it takes 10+ minutes ) and slowly chip away at them in order ( titty bitch - dual strike - cycloner ). For replacing/upgrading gear your at the point where you either upgrade your rares ( which can happen forever ) or save for big-ticket items such as kaoms Heart or Atziri Disfavour. Make your flasks 20% Quality and get better ones!!!
LightyGaming.com
Thanks for the answers. I bought a Lightning Coil for now, but the next investment will definitely be a Kaom's Heart to test and swap.
"
fandabear1 wrote:
I've found a new found love for this game due to this build. Can someone give me some tips for upgrades for my marauder? (gear AND flasks). Also any help with my skill gems / link would help!!

Your cwdt setup is slightly contradictory; High level cwdt with molten shell is fine since molten shell scales best of higher levels, but curses work best when used with lv1 cwdt so it triggers often and curses everything ( same with golem since there strictly used for there buff ). If you want to run 2 cwdt setups [ cwdtlv20 - inc duration - molten shell - immortal call ] & [ cwdtlv1 - curse - golem - something lol ] are ones i know some people from the forum community have been running. For flasks rumis,atziri promise and your quicksilver are fine; if your going to run seething ( instant ) flasks hollowed are best because of how they recharge and there charge amount vs how much they heal, i often use 2 seething hollowed flask of staunching since bleeds are one of the more lethal things you face later on when plowing through content. Replacing rare gear is a slow and painful process but if your rare gear is good enough you can start to incorporate some luxury unqiues such as Mings Heart or Doryani's Invitation.
LightyGaming.com
"
bosis1 wrote:
"
crux47 wrote:

and haste in a full party i won't be leeching them auras if people are running them but most people do so it's less dps again.
I can't fi
I'm a curious about this as well as I noticed the same thing yesterday when I dropped BM Keystone. Still leveling so it's not to this degree. My change was about the same % drop of DPS though, roughly:

w/ BM Keystone:
+2k Life
+200 DPS
+Ease of Linking
-Aura's

I intend to run at CWDT>Ice Nova>CoH>Enfeeble setup, and will have to sacrifice 3 Skill Points + Jewewl slot to do it. Keeping BM would also free up those 3 points and a Jewel for me.

Can anyone elaborate on why having Aura's is so important? I'd likely still run AA with BM and eat the HP loss, but the DPS gain seems to cancel itself out with Hatred+HoA. Unless I'm missing something? Do aura's begin to scale higher at a certain point?

no auras vs bm is a personal choice really. being able to use some auras is nice though. i mean u can use puritty of fire for atziri etc. but i have been debating on it too. i never use purity of fire on normal atziri anyways.

I've found life later on falls off compared to being able to run [ Hatred + grace/determination ] for many higher levels maps and swapping my legacy kaoms for legacy lightning coil. Physical damage is grossly overtuned imo atm and ive had to adjust accordingly. I still like to maintain a 6k+ lifepool and running bm + aa/hoa is perfectly fine and effectively the same as bm support & auras. The argument for the effective 7link also doesn't apply to me ( and some other i'm sure ) who run 2 T1-2 prefixes physical rolls along with the "supported by lv1 bloodmagic" vagan prefix. I could see having 3ish more support gem slots for your utility setups since you don't need bm support but i don't find myself wanted to run anything else or craving the slots; maybe a vaal cyclone setup or a warcray, maybe. The purity option is manly for uber when you can run lv23 purities in alphas howl which is a nice option but a whole other discussion.
LightyGaming.com
"
blingi wrote:
I have tried running BM and with Herald of Ash on life (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Faster Attacks) and I still do less damage than I do with 1 less link and Herald + Hatred (Cyclone - Added Fire - Weapon Elemental - Fortify -Melee Phys - Blood Magic).

The problem with your experiment was that you didn't use Added Fire before which should be used even with Blood Magic as one of your links.

I haven't tried using Increased AOE + Concentrated Effect instead of Weapon Elemental + Faster Attacks though so maybe that would yield more DPS.
Maybe someone could try this.

In any case, BM keystone seems to be a good choice if you are running in a party that can supply Hatred.

If your in a party with friends and have a dedicated aura bitch bm with hoa would be best 100%. I like inc aoe / conc effect for atziri to switch between trash or if you run a 7l 2h with the "supported by lv1 bloodmagic" vagan prefix.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info