Why I am quitting PoE...

OP seems to forget that 2.0 is coming which is a new beginning, what you've completed isn't completed anymore and characters will need tweaks and be adjusted for 2.0 and his T1 Wand will now be T2 so you'll have new things to do and new items to find in 2.0.
Tech guy
"
Kavik_Kang wrote:
I couldn't believe what I was reading when someone showed me tonight that they are removing eternals from the game. I hope this post convinces the devs to change their minds about doing this, but I don't expect that it will.

There are many different types of players of this type of game, and I am the most common type, I play standard with the goal of accumulating wealth an "perfecting" my characters. I played Diablo II for over a decade. I LOVED this game and thought it was much better than Diablo II, until now. You are taking away my end game. You are taking away the end game of all "serious" standard players who generally seek to accumulate vast wealth and build "perfect" characters that are, for example, wearing 1000 exhalts worth of gear. Removing eternals brings this quest to a screeching halt.

For example, one of my characters is a very versatile Fireball/Incinerate/Flameblast templar. He also uses arctic armor and has a perfect wand for him that would have eventually been eternal-exhalted to add the last 2 stats. The 4 is has are all tier 1 and exactly what I want on that build, and part of my long-term goal was to become wealthy enough to eternal-exhalt that wand and complete that character. With eternals removed from the game... he is finished now. There is nothing else to do. He is "perfect" except eternal-exhalting the last 2 stats onto his wand. Most of my 7 Lvl90+ characters have 1 or 2 items just like the fireball guy's wand, and as a standard player getting the wealth to finish those items was the only reason I had left to play.

So I am essentially quitting PoE. I will still play from time to time, I like this kind of game a lot. But it is more of an arcade game too me now, like Gauntlet or something, because I have no future goal to work for. I have all the character types I want, and they all have perfect gear for their builds now that their "partial items" can never be completed. The only reason I have to play anymore is for the fun of it. And I will occassionally come in and use my guys for fun, but that is it. There is nothing to work for now, and no reason to play other than to play. Removing eternals removes the end-game for standard players, so patch 2.0 turns this game into an arcade game for me from now on.

I hope they come to understand the huge mistake they are making by removing the endgame from standard players. There is no reason to keep accumulating wealth anymore once have have strong builds with "T1 items". You can't improve, or more accurately complete, your items so there is no need for any further accumulation of wealth once you are "done" with a character.

So with the game as it will stand after 2.0 is released... all my guys are finished now and I have nothing to do, and no goal to improve them anymore. Too me, for the type of player I am, 2.0 is essentially a Gauntlet-like arcade game with custom characters I made myself... and that's how I will treat it until Eternals are put back in the game and I have something to work towards again.

Thanks for sharing . Very nice read , almost shed a tear but not really .

R.I.P 4.B.
"
ACGIFT wrote:
they really wouldn't have bothered removing eternals if they didn't care about the permanent economy.

Pretty sure eternals are a problem in both leagues.

Removing them from standard means that mirror services lose a lot of power (can't recolor sockets on a whim).

In both temp and standard, removing them means drastically increasing the time it takes to get a 6T1.

In temp's case, that time may be so much higher that not even a single 6T1 will be present by the time the league ends.
Exactly big mistake. I kinda laugh at you guys since you can beat UBER for 5-10ex let alone everything else and consider your quest poor price/performance and efficiency but to each his own. People should be able to forge the ultimate warrior and removal of eternal goes a long way to removing that option.

I'm on the side of large player options whether it be SFL, difficulty settings, eternal whatever because at end of day more ppl playing is good for GGGs bottom line and most important good for me.
Git R Dun!
"
Cergic wrote:
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Can't you people get it into your thick heads: some. people. don't. want. to play. temp. leagues.

Also: A lot of league players are people accumulating wealth for Standard.

So, stop with the "PoE is temp leagues".

PoE is x10 more populated when new temp leagues are released son. That's a fact. We're just adressing that. No one is saying that "not a single person is playing fixed leagues".

So, stop with the "everyone is saying the same thing"

And how can you tell?
Do you have access to server population data?
If so, I'd like to see it.

I doubt it's 10x...
Also: new league in PoE means a new patch... So, yeah.

And every other comment on any kind of feedback thread that concerns standard is:
"LoL, play temp leagues. "

I can find and copy it all when I'm at my PC, but I'll get banned for spam...

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Kavik_Kang wrote:
With eternals removed from the game... he is finished now. There is nothing else to do.

Maybe PoE would benefit from giving players more things to do then just grinding 1-2 perfect rolls per gear? If they did hopefully players dont leave because they have more end game content.

Maybe players can suggest new ways to spice up end-game if they want something to do?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info