Why I am quitting PoE...

Can someone point me to where they say they are removing eternals?

EDIT: Nevermind i found it.

I can only applaud GGG for it, and the funny thing is, like OP i am one who likes to sit in standard and grow 1k ex builds.

I just think eternals were bad for the game, also think mirrors are, lets remove them next! :D
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 6, 2015, 4:00:32 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Nitpicking, but no. SC temp leaguers have higher numbers. Only about 15% higher, and the Standard population has been playing the game longer, buys more microtransactions, and is the most vocal on the internet. But still smaller.

I'm actually curious to see some more of these figures; I've looked and they've been kind of maddening to try to find. Is that based on character/account count, hours played, or...? And of course, how does that work with overlap? My thoughts had concluded that Standard has more active accounts and players... But is bested by the temp leagues in overall hours played, as the latter encourages far more obsessive, and less "casual" play.

And then there's the overlap; I happen to play on both. New characters are always made for temporary leagues, (challenges and sometimes races) but I don't abandon them once they revert to a permanent league. Of course, perhaps that makes me a bit rare, in that I prefer both the early-midgame AND endgame... While a lot of the more casual players prefer ONLY the endgame, (look at any MMO; they're a wasteland pre-endgame) while the more hardcore prefer ALMOST ONLY the early-through-lategame. (exemplified in temp leagues)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This is an exaggeration. The only change is, instead of a tall stack of very rare Eternals, you will need a tall stack of additional copies of your 4xT1 wand. This is much more difficult but still doable.

Well, from a practical standpoint, that DOES make "perfect" gear largely impossible. Once eternals are all gone, if AXN hadn't managed to re-roll Loathe Bane to fix that 37%, then it will never be fixed; it's too costly to divine without an eternal, given the 1:215,040 odds of a perfect roll, (ignoring accuracy rating) hedged by the 99.9967% chance for an inferior roll.

So technically, it's not an exaggeration. Granted, I don't think it's a BAD thing... Diablo 2 did wonders without the option to reroll ANYTHING. (Overall, I'll admit I believe I'm in favor of the removal of Eternals)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
But you know, all of this could have been prevented. Eternals were a mistake from the start. If they never wound have added them, you'd be in a better place right now.

That's very true. Partly, I'm also hoping that, in time, they may in fact take the next step, and eliminate mirrors... Though I'll admit, with the removal of the eternal-exalt crafting chain, mirrors may wind up being a smaller problem.

"
Crackmonster wrote:
I can only applaud GGG for it, and the funny thing is, like OP i am one who likes to sit in standard and grow 1k ex builds.

I can agree with you; I've been progressively trying to get my builds to be highly over-geared as well, as slow a process as it'd been for me.

However, I must also stress that while I recognize the problem that the situation has provided... I can't really BLAME anyone for the trouble caused:

- I don't think anyone could've really seen the results of allowing the eternal and mirror economy. It's something pretty unprecedented in gaming. GGG had very solid intentions when those currencies were introduced... It's just that they didn't quite pan out how they (or any of us) envisioned. Hindsight is 20/20.

- I also can't blame Axn, Jin, or any of the other famous, wealthy mirror-service-providers. They'd have been stupid to NOT take advantage of the opportunity when it smiled upon them; each of them got the chance to produce tens or hundreds of thousands of ex worth of wealth, fully legit. I'd insult anyone who decided NOT to take that opportunity.

Hopefully this is part of the first step to not just evening out and making temp leagues more fair, but also helping heal the permanent economy; if GGG is serious about PoE making it to the 10-year-mark, they can't rely purely on a constant revolving door of temp leagues.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Kavik_Kang wrote:
I couldn't believe what I was reading when someone showed me tonight that they are removing eternals from the game. I hope this post convinces the devs to change their minds about doing this, but I don't expect that it will.

You can play for this Diablo3 - 2.3
http://us.battle.net/d3/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

POE = nerf of path

D3 = happy of path

do you want to nerf ? Go to POE - 2.0

do you want to happy ? Go to D3 - 2.3

Last edited by play2013 on Jul 6, 2015, 10:53:23 AM
lol
"
BlazedAs wrote:
Congratulations you have now won standard. Welcome to the real game of POE, temporary leagues with upto date balanced items and content. How much of a GG character can you make in the league with you're vast experience of trading and grinding?

This. Yeah. It's interesting to see how much it differs in terms of time that it takes different people to come to this conclusion.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Can't you people get it into your thick heads: some. people. don't. want. to play. temp. leagues.

Also: A lot of league players are people accumulating wealth for Standard.

So, stop with the "PoE is temp leagues".

Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Ravenstrider wrote:
Can't you people get it into your thick heads: some. people. don't. want. to play. temp. leagues.

A lot of people got brainwashed from the propaganda of temp league being better than standard. I was too when I realized most of rmt and cheaters are in temp leagues.

Look at the notice board of temp league and u ll see rmt trading parties while I almost never see this in standard since the end of OB.

Also GCPman and this impossible to craft dagger were all in temp league.

I am not even talking about the scam of what they call ladder race, dominated by streamers getting free boost and all.

Also yea, when I play temp it is just to rip the hardcore unique in standard, without this I would not even bother.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 8, 2015, 4:39:21 AM
"
Ravenstrider wrote:

A lot of people don't want to play temp leagues. I'm one of them. Hi I'm ghoulavenger, and I'm a standard only player.
GGG has explicitly said that they care about both sides of the playerbase; they really wouldn't have bothered removing eternals if they didn't care about the permanent economy.

Of course, when you look at it from afar, "we want to provide an appealing environment for MORE players" just comes off as common sense, in a sort of "I LIKE people demanding I shut up and take their money" way.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
Ravenstrider wrote:

PoE is x10 more populated when new temp leagues are released son. That's a fact. We're just adressing that. No one is saying that "not a single person is playing fixed leagues".

So, stop with the "everyone is saying the same thing"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info