Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

Cyclone, with whatever axe, sword, mace or CoC dagger. All uber capable.

Best builds in beta.
TIL if your build doesn't do 200k dps (whatever that means because dps numbers mean shit with a lot of builds) it's literally garbage.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Wat did I just read.

Maybe they are all coverting to CoC because it has one of the highest dps in the game with relatively less investment?

Melee is okay. Spellcasters are still okay, if not fragile now. Ranged attackers are awesome. I don't know what you are saying.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
"
I gathered enough information. I've checked the skill tree and i've read all the changes advewrtised in development manifesto so i'm well aware of the changes.

so SRS and COC. you can choose from 2... that's what i call build diversity!!!!!!

No you didn't gather enough information, obvious because you think everything isn't viable anymore.
I've played the beta since it started and I can say there are enough builds that are viable, even without doing 200k dps.
Normally I don't even react to people like you who didn't do their homework but I just had to.
If you didn't play the beta you can't say anything about how it'll be.
Hell, even if you did there can be so many changes we aren't aware of.
So stop QQing about something you have no idea about.
Just wait for the release, play for a couple of weeks and then you can take a moment and see how you feel about viable builds.
And if at that point you still think nothing other then COC is viable then I think this game is not for you.
Exile 4 life.

"No need to describe fishing in detail, just hint at it."
~Chris 2014
Last edited by masuo112 on Jul 5, 2015, 7:26:23 AM
Hi sir,

I'll try to be as polite as possible and not offense anyone here.

First of all, you said you come back to the game. So you have, I think, all but enough informations to know what's going to happen in 2.0.
Secondly you said you speaked to 3-4 of your friends about what they were going to play. Sir, 3-4 people out of millions, do you really think this is really a good exemple on what people will play ? I don't think so.
Thirdly, if you can't do a lvl78 map with 300ex Gear you'd better quit the game as soon as possible, really.
Fourth point is you said every build lose a lot of DPS. I've seen some builds based on skills like Etheral Knives or Freezing Pulse dealing really good damage in order to deal with 78+ maps with no issues at all.
Fifthly, melee build are better than ever, at least for me. I've seen Ice Crash build reaching 1 Million+ Tooltip DPS....
And as sixth point and last, we still have new skill to come out and nobody had what it takes to really test every build with really good gear due to the multiple wipe.

So, before saying that everyone will play CoC and GGG want us to play CoC, maybe you'd need to inform yourself a bit more insteand of whining without trying things on your own.
And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
Yes, please tell us whether you have played the beta or not. If not you are blowing smoke here.

Now if GGG has slapped us all down hard then I may need to seek a different game for a summer trio play with my 2 best friends. If (the word if is important since I did not get RNG lucky so no beta play for me) GGG has decided to nerf life leech or crit or has done other nasty things like that then the catering to the no-lifers that post that PoE is easy and "more harder please" is continuing and The Awakening without desync will be just as frustrating in the endgame as 1.3.x is now (how will that help newbies? How will GGG get and retain new players?). Since I don't see a large quantity of players producing level 100 builds the balance of build power verses content difficulty is more than good enough right now in PoE 1.3.x so GGG need not hose us all with a major round of nerfs either directly with skill gem debuffs or passive tree reductions. It wouldn't surprise me at all that GGG is being overly conservative again and once the dust settles on The Awakening and enough feedback comes in as to what works and what doesn't that by the end of summer there will be many more buffs and a few more nerfs. Complexity of the build sandbox we get to play in and the overall goal of the devs toward build diversity + balance means PoE will always be in a state of flux (devs can't envision all builds that could exploit a skill combo to make an OP build) and GGG will forever be tweaking this or that skill as needed to try to keep some semblance of balance.

As I see GGG and their overall view of PoE I get the feeling that it is of major importance to them to not allow us (the 99% of players) to get a build to level 100 ever. Only the PoE experts (aka no-lifers) can do it and "don't you try this at home ever!" is the devs PoE design goal. While keeping a flood of level 100 builds from happening is understandable, taking a ton of builds currently being successfully played in the endgame and making them unviable is undesirable to the max and very bad form. GGG, just don't do it, ever!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Daidelos wrote:
Adapt, or be removed.

Survival of the fittest
Cast on Critical gem has been a problem since it was released.

With the last league showig how easy is to beat uber Atziri and Roflstomp any mods map with a CoC build which can be buildon ridiculously low budget.

I hope the CoC cheap builds own everything Era gonna end with Awakening.
"
zzang wrote:
Cast on Critical gem has been a problem since it was released.

With the last league showig how easy is to beat uber Atziri and Roflstomp any mods map with a CoC build which can be buildon ridiculously low budget.

I hope the CoC cheap builds own everything Era gonna end with Awakening.

It was because of shotgunning, they are still powerful but single target can't be achieved with just going in melee range with AOE setup.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaidelosGaming/featured
200k dps? I am happy when my builds reach 10k dps AoE... and that seems plenty to clear stuff quickly, maybe I am doing something wrong :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info