Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

My whole point is GGG is incompetent in adding new content without destroying old well working builds.

That is kind of the point of new content, making you play new builds.

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

And with this, they are forcing people to play selected builds. IF 1 thing COC should ave been removed from the game. If something is too powerful it's COC. But personally i don't want it to get removed.

Cast on crit has been getting nerfs since it was released. In both implicit and explicit ways.
I think they will continue in nerfing it until it reaches a normal damage range.

Also most CoC builds are made of paper, how many CoC users you see playing hardcore?

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

no other build can deal 3 million DPS and such ridicolously high numbers.

Good. There is absolutely no reason to give any build such high dps in the first place.

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

All the other builds are not motivating at all, you can invest your points into DPS and reach tiny numbers compared to COC. or you can invest in block and defensive skills and reach even more tiny offensive numbers.

That is intended, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Offense or defense, pick one.

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

As i see it with destroying leech,melee crit and ele prolif they created a huge abyss between CoC builds and non CoC builds. Let's say you reach 150K dps on a wealthy ice crash two hand marauder, ok. CoC does 3 million. That's the abyss i'M talking about.I see how they are also trying to buff melee but with defensive buffs... that's not filling the abyss.

Difference being the 2h guy still has defense in his build, while the CoC guy is a walking tissue.

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

There should be 3 million DPS builds,
2 million DPS builds,
1 million DPS builds,
700k DPS builds,
500k dps builds,
300k, 200k,100k,50k, and even 10k etc.

No, there shouldn't be any build that breaks 500k dps in my opinion, even that is insane. Also i do not think you realize how much dps you are talking about, since you can clear maps with 1/10 of it.

"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

All these different builds should have compromised defenses adjusted to the DPS.
This is what would create a build diversity. Where people could choose.

Most of those builds do have compromised defense.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Whatever DPS is irrevelent it doesn't matter the amount you have; If it's clearing fast then there's really no issue about it.

a 4m DPS isn't going to clear much faster then lets say a mid tier player doing 50k DPS maybe slightly faster but in reality it's not by much in addition it also depends on the build such as lets say an archer.

DPS in my eyes is clouding your minds people good god.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 5, 2015, 12:19:25 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
A solid post

Good to see there's still all right people in here, with solid arguments against insanity.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
This is a hack&slash mmorpg game. it has 3 points: make builds,make wealth,Kill stuff and the whole game is based on the third one: killing, because the 2 other points( make builds, make wealth) is not possible without killing.

So this actually means the whole point of the game is killing.
Playing a game what's main point is killing, without the ability to kill fast( high DPS) it's pointless in my honest opinion.

@I_NO

Yes it does matter, because it's an online game. If you have 40k dps and you team up with a player having 3 mill dps the game feels bad and boring for you. you lose the main point of the game: Killing, because the 3mill dps character will kill everything before you even press a button
My 4.8m DPS char isn't going to clear a billion years faster then a solid 20-50k DPS user using the same build. Honestly it's clouding your mind.

It's not that big of deal in terms of solo but I can't convince you obviously so that's unfortunate.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 5, 2015, 12:35:04 PM
Well, OP is right in the fact that there is only CoC, SRS and mjölner that reach DPS in the millions.

And if you feel like you want to be the best you can be, those will be the 3 options for max dps.

Other builds are still viable and uber able, but nothing will touch these in clearspeed.
im fairly certain that dw crit cyclone got buffed. im getting 100k+ on live, with vaal rapiers that get massive buffs to crit and attackspeed. the cyclone "fix" doesnt really affect me, im literally killing bosses with a single spin
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

Yes it does matter, because it's an online game. If you have 40k dps and you team up with a player having 3 mill dps the game feels bad and boring for you. you lose the main point of the game: Killing, because the 3mill dps character will kill everything before you even press a button

There's your problem. You got your Epeen smashed in a map you rolled in under a minute. The guy probably left you with blues, trash yellows, and a shit unique. All because you couldn't keep up.

I'm also guessing he left you so far back all loot bacame his.

Your name suits you.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I_NO is completely right. If player 1 has 200k dps and player 2 has 5mil. dps they both clear shit at the same speed. Reason? Because you can't do more dmg than oneshooting the monsters (ok, I have to admit that player 2 will save about 5 sec. in a boss fight). All these insanly high but completely useless dps numbers are indeed clouding players minds.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Jul 5, 2015, 1:47:44 PM
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
This is a hack&slash mmorpg game. it has 3 points: make builds,make wealth,Kill stuff and the whole game is based on the third one: killing, because the 2 other points( make builds, make wealth) is not possible without killing.

So this actually means the whole point of the game is killing.
Playing a game what's main point is killing, without the ability to kill fast( high DPS) it's pointless in my honest opinion.

@I_NO

DPS required to kill stuff caps out pretty fast, so builds with inherent lower dps don't suffer as much. And if you're so intent on getting million dps, there's Diablo 3 and its raw damage stat. I guarantee you'll be happier there.

*Edited by Support
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info