Only DPS build left is Coc? GGG destroyed everything else? what you think?

"
My 4.8m DPS char isn't going to clear a billion years faster then a solid 20-50k DPS user using the same build. Honestly it's clouding your mind.

It's not that big of deal in terms of solo but I can't convince you obviously so that's unfortunate.

your 4.8m dps char probably 1hits every phase on uber. 99% of the 20-50k dps builds won't even get past the blue mobs on that map. I think this could be proven easily with statistics, since most players who has 20-50K dps don't even try that map.

by the way let me guess... your 4.8mill char is probably a coc/mjölner/srs build!.... right?

There should be melee builds around that deal a powerful amount of DPS with the right gear and still have enough defenses to survive against bosses and endgame content. One mechanic for this was the old leech mechanic. yes it was wealth gated by acuity but at least there was a mechanic for it.

I bet there won't be flicker builds or cyclone builds that kill stuff as effectively as a coc build.
If there will be I will admit I was wrong...
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
There should be melee builds around that deal a powerful amount of DPS with the right gear and still have enough defenses to survive against bosses and endgame content.

This is exactly the reason GGG is doing these overhauls of the game. You shouldn't be able to rock both insane DPS and defense on the same build. Refer to my point about the cake again.

Atm the only build that could violate this rule in 2.0 is maybe Mjolner, however it is also getting a huge nerf in dps.

Also how do you figure those CoC builds will ever survive reflect in 2.0? You can't just slap a life leech gem and those shiny vaal gloves anymore, that won't cut it.

Have fun ripping to every thornflesh pack you meet in the game.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jul 5, 2015, 3:28:12 PM
Dps is just a stat on the paper and its based on the best case scenario. Best example: SRS. You have to summon them step by step, then they have to follow the opponent and well.. they probably die from the enemy hits. So if you are able to cast 30 summons in your hideout, only 20 will be able to survive. However. When you cast 'x' spirits in 1 second and they need lets say 2 sec to travel, you already have to wait a bit for your damage.

And then a random 10k dps EK Guy appears *Plop* -- and the pack is dead in no time.

I dont want to say srs is bad (I´ll play it myself in 2.0), it is just a good example that dps is not clear speed. However, I rather do Atziri with srs.
Another point should be made that some builds just work better in different scenarios.
Which to me is the point in build diversity.

Some builds handle bosses better, some handle map clearing faster, some can run harder maps and some can't.

You decide when you pick a build what matters to you, don't expect to have it all.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:
"
My 4.8m DPS char isn't going to clear a billion years faster then a solid 20-50k DPS user using the same build. Honestly it's clouding your mind.

It's not that big of deal in terms of solo but I can't convince you obviously so that's unfortunate.

your 4.8m dps char probably 1hits every phase on uber. 99% of the 20-50k dps builds won't even get past the blue mobs on that map. I think this could be proven easily with statistics, since most players who has 20-50K dps don't even try that map.

by the way let me guess... your 4.8mill char is probably a coc/mjölner/srs build!.... right?

There should be melee builds around that deal a powerful amount of DPS with the right gear and still have enough defenses to survive against bosses and endgame content. One mechanic for this was the old leech mechanic. yes it was wealth gated by acuity but at least there was a mechanic for it.

I bet there won't be flicker builds or cyclone builds that kill stuff as effectively as a coc build.
If there will be I will admit I was wrong...

You are very misinformed =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
with shotgunning gone, low lifes aura ability is nerfed, bloodrage for low life rekt.com... theres so many changes that mean stuff like shatter chuck wont be doing what it did before. CoC took a hard hit for most things, discharge variants might have been hit less than the others but on the whole CoC took a major hit even for life based. You basically lost 80% of your potential damage if you are a projectile CoC just from shotgunning, you lost auras so probably at least 1 herald gone, I think most CoC builds lost more dps than virtually everyone else.

Its meaningless having millions of dps, 40k dps builds are instantly killing virtually everything in maps outside of the bosses, and even the bosses go down extremely quickly, difference between 40k and millions is going to be like 10 seconds on most map bosses, the entire map clear speed is going to come down to who has the best movement skill probably, and thats going to be either leapslam, whirling or warp, none of which a guy with a wand and no cast speed can use properly, which is the best projectile CoC, and if you are not projectile CoC you are triggering it with a melee attack, at which point your clear speed is no better than a crit melee who deal shitloads of damage but have to melee everything and hence are generally slower.
"
tr1gg3r3d wrote:

Playing a game what's main point is killing, without the ability to kill fast( high DPS) it's pointless in my honest opinion.

If you can't "kill fast" without 500k DPS, you're doing something wrong.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Its meaningless having millions of dps, 40k dps builds are instantly killing virtually everything in maps outside of the bosses, and even the bosses go down extremely quickly, difference between 40k and millions is going to be like 10 seconds on most map bosses, the entire map clear speed is going to come down to who has the best movement skill probably...

That is the whole story. I simply don't get why so many people refuse to see this.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"

I agree with this. Typically you reach a certain dps and then you're better off with more utility(speed) and defense. If your only goal is to do uber atziri then dps obviously becomes much more important.
Its always fun to see a coc that spell billions of fireball / ball lightning / whatever, make everyone lagging and dealing crazy low useless damage. They end up staying behind or die on some ele reflect lol

Yesterday there was that weak sauced witch going full yolo. The guy took the lead, opened all door and stuff in 76 crematorium then he got stun and surrounded by those rocky mob and died quick. I was laughing so bad haha
Glowing green mouse cursor plz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info