[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

Hi I'm kind of new to PoE and I've been looking for a fun and powerful build for HC seasonal and I'm set on playing a templar. You're build looks to be very interesting but I was wongdering and I hope this isnt a stupid question about how I should be using my passive points. Is there certaing things I should be rushing towards I'm still learning the game so its not quite clear to me how to build just yet Thanks.
I've been getting better results with damage since obtaining a Lvl 19 Discharge, but still die too often. The build does have defenses with Armour and Endurance Charges, but even mobs in low-level maps hit too hard for that if there are many of them (and you WANT there to be many of them at once).

I've been thinking about using Cast When Damage Dealt - Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Arctic Armour. Arctic Armour is not as good as it was, but it could be nice for this build since the period when you'll take the most (physical) damage is when you're standing still casting Cry + Nova + Discharge. Also good against Reflect. I've not taken Blood Magic keystone of course as it wouldn't work otherwise and mana has not been a problem so far. I'll let you know how it goes.

For boss fights, maybe Shock Nova can be swapped out for something more long-range as you don't want to get close to certain bosses? Something like Spark or even better Ball Lightning (which isn't too bad with Curse on Hit in the first place). I'll probably also swap out Flammability for Enfeeble since bosses have too high resistances for that thirty percent reduction to matter much (Penetration is another matter). Currently I'm sticking with Flameblast + Penetration + Spell Echo + Chance to Ignite for those fights...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
In your templar build, I noticed you got the three nodes, ending with quick recovery. I do believe you are wasting those three talents, as mana regen is not much use after getting blood magic. You could get more resistances/damage elsewhere with a life increase. I'm not sure the best spot for those 3 nodes just that, the mana regen is wasted.
"
In your templar build, I noticed you got the three nodes, ending with quick recovery. I do believe you are wasting those three talents, as mana regen is not much use after getting blood magic. You could get more resistances/damage elsewhere with a life increase. I'm not sure the best spot for those 3 nodes just that, the mana regen is wasted.

It is still 4-4-6 nodes + 0,8 life reg.
It is imo still worth it
I've been getting better results with damage since obtaining a Lvl 19 Discharge, but still die too often. The build does have defenses with Armour and Endurance Charges, but even mobs in low-level maps hit too hard for that if there are many of them (and you WANT there to be many of them at once).

I've been thinking about using Cast When Damage Dealt - Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Arctic Armour. Arctic Armour is not as good as it was, but it could be nice for this build since the period when you'll take the most (physical) damage is when you're standing still casting Cry + Nova + Discharge. Also good against Reflect. I've not taken Blood Magic keystone of course as it wouldn't work otherwise and mana has not been a problem so far. I'll let you know how it goes.

For boss fights, maybe Shock Nova can be swapped out for something more long-range as you don't want to get close to certain bosses? Something like Spark or even better Ball Lightning (which isn't too bad with Curse on Hit in the first place). I'll probably also swap out Flammability for Enfeeble since bosses have too high resistances for that thirty percent reduction to matter much (Penetration is another matter). Currently I'm sticking with Flameblast + Penetration + Spell Echo + Chance to Ignite for those fights...

I will update all skills. I am sure that there is a survival problem, but a lot of the things you can avoid. In the videos i have no AoE gem and i have not taken the witch AoE nodes. If i take both i will have a bigger AoE, therefore a larger "range" and therefore more survivability.

I think about changing up the skills so i have some leech combined with CWDT. Like Arctic Breath + GMP + Life Leech. I will test a lot of things, and then post the results of those tests in the guide. :)
ty for your response.
IGN: SirSwift
bump
Last edited by xtoko on Jul 15, 2015, 9:27:48 AM
"
What bandit rewards would you pick for this build?

Oak - Kill - Oak (For endurance)

As you mentioned, Blood Dance boots are pretty good for this build. I highly recommend them, they make sure non-unique mobs in maps are destroyed with one Discharge and speed things up by not having to cast your warcry every single pack.

I prefer Ball Lightning over Shock Nova because it can be cast at a distance and thus in advance, so I don't have to spend as much time standing in the middle of a pack of mobs.

Five-linked Flameblast (Spell Echo, Penetration, Conc Effect, Chance to Ignite) seems like it is good enough against bosses and uniques. Again, Arctic Armour is great here because with Flameblast you'll be standing still a bit more than usual.

This build is a lot of fun!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info