Map Drop Adjustments

To think that Chris assured me in an email that sustaining maps will be significantly more difficult than it used to be. You really cant believe any of his lies. Endgame in Path of Exile is officially dead. Being forced to Chisel Chaos was the best thing we ever had in this game. Map rolling in the second stage of the beta bordered perfection. And now you cave in again and provide progression for cheap. Unbelievable.
Last edited by nynyny on Jul 1, 2015, 11:32:21 PM
I hope the bosses end up being less Great White Beast and more Torture Chamber.
Nice change, the game doesn't need to be a miserable grind for minimal returns all the time. Map progression is one of those areas I feel shouldn't be a struggle. You guys have done a pretty good job imo since pre 1.0 beta til now making the grind more tolerable for those with lives and those that know the game enough to make smart choices/investments.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
is there any drawback to this? it sounds good..
maybe they upped the difficulty of maps? (and bosses)
Last edited by IceslayerVixxun on Jul 1, 2015, 11:33:13 PM
"
Qarl wrote:

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

Oh baby a triple

"
Qarl wrote:
In addition to the details on map drop changes in this manifesto post, we are making further adjustment to map drops.

1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% change to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

2) We are making adjustments to the way map levels are decided, that will reduce the odds of low tier maps being dropped.

Together these changes should more than triple the number of +2 maps players would be getting (as well as an improvement of +1 maps), compared to the beta.

Why don't you tie this additional chance to drop a map with +quant on the map.

For example:
0 quant = 0% chance to drop additional map
50 quant = 15% chance to drop additional map
100 quant = 30% chance to drop additional map

I think this would be a better approach to satisfying the design goal of making more difficult maps more rewarding. Perhaps implicit rarity of the map could increase chances of higher levels maps.

Unless of course the 20% chance is already affected? But the 'flat' makes me think it isn't.

Edit: Other thoughts...

It is a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map, but what is the chance that that map is +2, +1, or even +0. Getting an additional map doesn't help much is it is lower level that the one you are running.

Triple the +2. Well some people were claiming to get 0 +2s after many runs and 3x0 still equals 0. Can't comment from experience mind you since I haven't done any real mapping in the beta.
Last edited by Wulgar55 on Jul 1, 2015, 11:44:19 PM
"
"
Qarl wrote:
1) Each map boss will have a flat 20% change to drop an additional map. This will not apply multiple times for maps where a map has multiple bosses, nor will it double up when a map boss is twinned.

Not sure what this means exactly.

Does it mean if it's a Twinned map, each boss has a 10% of dropping an additional map?

No, the twin will not have the flat chance to drop an additional map.

(It will have its normal chances to drop a map.)

Rather than comparing awakening drops compared to beta, how will awakening drops compare to live Qarl?
Well, it sounds better than it was. If I can sustain mid-tier on alchs and some chisels, I'll be happy.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
AngryCustard wrote:
Rather than comparing awakening drops compared to beta, how will awakening drops compare to live Qarl?

The end result of changes will be in the patch notes. We havbe provided some information as we go, including Chris's manifesto post.

The Awakening brings a new sequence of maps, which start at level 68 and go up to 82.

Climbing up map levels will be harder than it is currently on live. To reach the highest tiers of maps you likely need to run harder maps, and to make sure you kill the boss.

Last edited by Qarl on Jul 1, 2015, 11:53:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info