Map Drop Adjustments

I did some pseudocode,

1. *Meck* map will be dropped!
2. Check current map tier and saved in current_tier variable
3. rngsus(current_tier, arr(0,1,2)) saves +0 or +1 or +2 in map_tier
4. Finally a drop map (tier: map_tier)!

I hope it helps as inspiration.
same here, hardly can sustain t9 t10 maps. have only 1 t12 thanks to rng jesus (+1 corrupted and +1 drop).

many peopole said that the map drop is frustrating and you nerf strongboxes to do more difficult to get maps.
That map drop shi* rate is most annoying thing currently in PoE.

If I have to struggle to even play tier 8 and 9 maps, I'll rather go playing something else tbh.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
So I started mapping the other day with my base of 5 T11 and 8 T10 Maps.
All chiseld 20%, All with 80+/x/15+ Rolls.
How can I describe my motivation after getting back down to t9 maps after full clearing every single one of them (~5-10monster max remaining in crema e.g)? Right it is non existent.

Do you know how I feel when double boss minus max vuln T11 bosses drop a T1 Dune?
I do not get why you can go down 10 Tiers if you can only go up 2 Tiers. Either both ways a max of minus 2 Tiers or no restriction, like a Dune boss dropping a freaking White Core Map. It is infruirating to throw all your currency at maps only to be left with no currency and no maps.

Sry for my english.
MfG Transom
from today:
-played a t10 map 80/15 corrupted : NO MAPS
-played a t9 map with 90/20 corrupted : 1 T9 and 1 T8
-played the t9 map dropeed before with 110/0 : 1 T3
-played the t8 map dropped before, these one with screenshots:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

the only problem is that i can't kill the boss without die at least 1 or 2 times :(

an example of the shit map drop rate these league
"
Transom wrote:
So I started mapping the other day with my base of 5 T11 and 8 T10 Maps.
All chiseld 20%, All with 80+/x/15+ Rolls.
How can I describe my motivation after getting back down to t9 maps after full clearing every single one of them (~5-10monster max remaining in crema e.g)? Right it is non existent.

Do you know how I feel when double boss minus max vuln T11 bosses drop a T1 Dune?
I do not get why you can go down 10 Tiers if you can only go up 2 Tiers. Either both ways a max of minus 2 Tiers or no restriction, like a Dune boss dropping a freaking White Core Map. It is infruirating to throw all your currency at maps only to be left with no currency and no maps.

Sry for my english.
MfG Transom

Same, i think maps to GGG somewhat special, we must not play maps that what GGG must saying by shitty map drop.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
agree . i'm doing that, playing few times maps t11+ due to these reason. on sd have many t13 and some t14 or t15 from darkshrines but y don't play any cause don't want to waste currency in vane

GGG, this is my first forum post and I want to start by thanking you for creating such an amazing game. I've been an RPG'er since Wizardry 1 on the Macintosh. I never thought Diablo II would find an equal...until POE. Having said that, the one aspect of this game that reduces my enjoyment is the lack of access to challenging content. I horded T11+ maps for a while and am now down to about 15 or so. I have found myself staring at my T11+ maps but running T8-9. I want to play more, but feel I'm at the mercy of my maps...and have started playing less because of it.

My question is this...couldn't GGG direct its focus on balancing the content of the game (item drop rates, difficulty, experience gain, etc.) in a way that it could make high level content easily accessible and not diminish the quality/spirt of the game?

Bottom line for me is...map rationing is not fun, it's a maintenance necessity needed in order to play some of the most amazing, challenging RPG gaming experiences in the industry today (so we painfully continue to do it). Double the difficulty...cut the drop rates by 99%...but allow me the enjoyment of easily accessing the high level content challenges that your team has devoted so much into developing.
"
Durins_Bane wrote:

GGG, this is my first forum post and I want to start by thanking you for creating such an amazing game. I've been an RPG'er since Wizardry 1 on the Macintosh. I never thought Diablo II would find an equal...until POE. Having said that, the one aspect of this game that reduces my enjoyment is the lack of access to challenging content. I horded T11+ maps for a while and am now down to about 15 or so. I have found myself staring at my T11+ maps but running T8-9. I want to play more, but feel I'm at the mercy of my maps...and have started playing less because of it.

My question is this...couldn't GGG direct its focus on balancing the content of the game (item drop rates, difficulty, experience gain, etc.) in a way that it could make high level content easily accessible and not diminish the quality/spirt of the game?

Bottom line for me is...map rationing is not fun, it's a maintenance necessity needed in order to play some of the most amazing, challenging RPG gaming experiences in the industry today (so we painfully continue to do it). Double the difficulty...cut the drop rates by 99%...but allow me the enjoyment of easily accessing the high level content challenges that your team has devoted so much into developing.
"
Durins_Bane wrote:
couldn't GGG direct its focus on balancing the content of the game in a way that it could make high level content easily accessible and not diminish the quality/spirt of the game?

for the 1001th time: high(est) level content in POE is NOT intended to be 'easily accessible'

if you want 'more challenge' after mid-level maps, do more complex builds (or switch to HC)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info