Map Drop Adjustments

I got a few questions. With the new 20% chance to drop an additional map it's still a possibility drop 2 maps from a boss? Like today, I was farming Residence map with a friend and we got 2 map drops from the boss. So with this 20% additional map change, could we potentially drop 3 maps?
Another question: is there going to be an extra bonus for killing more difficult map bosses? At the moment, you get the same drop chance whether you kill the Great beast at 76 lvl map(underground river) or Dominus at 76 lvl map(residence). I believe the more risk and time you put into killing a boss, the more drops you should get. Otherwise, the maps with easier bosses will be more valuable than maps with more difficult ones.
Last question, what happened with "mirrored" mod on Cartographers? Has it been completely removed or the roll chance just has been nerfed to the ground?
Thanks
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Jul 1, 2015, 11:58:58 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
"
AngryCustard wrote:
Rather than comparing awakening drops compared to beta, how will awakening drops compare to live Qarl?

The end result of changes will be in the patch notes. We havbe provided some information as we go, including Chris's manifesto post.

The Awakening brings a new sequence of maps, which start at level 68 and go up to 82.

Climbing up map levels will be harder than it is currently on live. To reach the highest tiers of maps you likely need to run harder maps, and to make sure you kill the boss.

How do all these adjustments affect legacy maps, say 78 court and palace, in terms of dropping 79, 80 maps in 2.0?
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Out of curiosity would you also say it is necessary to run maps in a group in order to sustain high tier maps? I've always had a lot more difficulty than groups and it would be nice if your intentions on this matter were clear.
as i understand it, you can get your regular mapdrops from a boss (like every other mob in the map) but you get an additional 20% for a "bonusmap" to deliver some consistency
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
pred88 wrote:
Out of curiosity would you also say it is necessary to run maps in a group in order to sustain high tier maps? I've always had a lot more difficulty than groups and it would be nice if your intentions on this matter were clear.

Sustaining maps is exactly the same in group or solo. Groups just have the benefit of having 2x to 6x cheaper XP gain, while mapping.

---

"To reach the highest tiers of maps you likely need to run harder maps, and to make sure you kill the boss." - sounds good in theory, in practice it will be the same luck based progression as before, just nerfed.

Sorry if I don't hooray for 3x better drops, after they were nerfed by a factor of 10 :p
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 2, 2015, 12:26:08 AM
That's it, i wanted to see changes like this.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
This was my only issue with the beta mapping scene, should help a lot.

Count down hypu
"
dime wrote:
"
RedxFrost wrote:
Finally people can stop complaining now lol

Yes but now what will we fucking spaz out about like autistic children?

I heard the UI changes are popular again, so lets go Children migrate!
Was kind of hoping there would be some changes to map Vendor recipe too... Maybe make it 2 maps for 1level higher map...

Otherthanthat - maybe some adjustment to Chisels - such as: lower requirement per map, better vendor recipe from maaster, or increase the amount that drops. To force players to do a lot of chisel Trading is not the way imho.

Otherwise these changes seem like a progress forward... Good job guys!

best
cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
That's great! I am not opposed to being incentivised to run harder maps nor do I mind relinquishing zana as a crutch for map maintenance provided I can maintain a map pool through methodical solo play in hardcore (aka without going total yolo or grouping)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info