Map Drop Adjustments

I just grind lower lvl maps, sell the items in trade one evening and then i can afford 5 new maps of the currenct lvl im doing (which is 80 now). I only run blue maps, doing well and fine! maps keep coming alltho it requers 2-3 days of trading per week. which is a part of ARPG imo, not only mouseheroclicking. all good.

edit: i run alone btw, refuse to run with groups as i cant sustain the costs then, i need all portals myself to keep the flow of items.
thats alittle boring perhaps! but i dont mind, i guess alot of social ppl do!
There is suppose to be a nice signature picture here
Last edited by hitem on Aug 15, 2015, 4:59:08 PM
"
necrokillaz wrote:
Big mistake. You took a great way GGG! Nobody could farm maps like crazy and this one who was reaching levels anyway was really committed to the game! You shouldnt change your vision of the game only because poeple crying about that. Changes comes and goes and everyone just need to get used to it. Not big deal. So dont give up GGG! :)

From someone with a highest char at 60. pls...

In my opinion we need to ask ourselves how difficult it should be to get CONTENT, not some crazy Uniques, not a ton of T1 rolled items, its just plain content we hunger for...
Last edited by flipser on Aug 24, 2015, 10:36:22 AM
I can't play this shit any more.
Casually casual.

well thats me out of maps i had 20+ x76 15+ x77 8x78 and 5 x79 maps and were progressing nicely . i realy tip my hat the ballace in the game has emproved x100 comparet to last league i just dont get why as a solo player its imposible to get maps to play the content i chissel everything and kill the bosses and try to hit atleast or close to 100 quant and no matter what i do its just no maps .. i dont get why i can go and find 20 qual skills and get my char so perfekt easy as hell now with the new league and it has to be lag of posibility to enter some of the wast amound off content that has to drive me of the game but you sucseded im out fuck if i want to run around grinding lvl 74 maps day in and day out .. such a shame
Man i know how u feel,the drop rate of maps especially those end game sucks. I am running 79-80 maps with my 97 ranger all of them are chiseled 100+ quantity and i simply cant get anything in return, of srry i get like 68-72 maps. I must say way to go with the new map drop system.
IGN Gelaa
I didn't really know where to post this, but I find myself playing less and less because of the new map system(after the changes went into effect). The new map system isn't even close to fun for multiple reasons:

1: This map system is designed to mostly only be able to get maps with a max level of about 74-75 and lower. Guess what, most maps those levels aren't even fun to do! All the fun maps are in the higher/highest level range. Which are next to impossible to get. Not fun! I want to be able to self sustain a map pool and chainrun as many maps as I want, and run the maps I like to run(as many as I want). That means all maps of all levels should be easily obtainable and sustainable in my opinion.

2: Being forced to craft maps into 'very difficult' to do, just to get a bigger packsize to spawn inside a map. I also have non-uber and non-maxed chars I like to map/play on.

3: Only dropping +2's from bosses is a very unfun change. It just feels like it's better to skip the entire map and only do the boss, and it forces you to do the specific map's boss. It used to be fun to clear magic/rare monsters, hoping they'd drop an x higher level map. The fun thing I always enjoyed about arpg's is everything can drop everywhere, this goes totally against that.

The map system used to be alot of fun, and give lots of freedom... but now it just feels unfun, and even makes me barely want to play. Please go back to the old map system.

The mapping system is basically the endgame for path of exile, and it currently feels broken to me(and reading some other posts here it ain't just me). Please fix this before it's going to cause players to leave.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Sep 10, 2015, 3:58:31 PM
It is still too hard to get a supply of 75 maps to farm regals. I don't mind if 76 and higher is hard for exp, but 75 should be pretty available so we can build our equipment.
so,in fact,after some days from the last patch........it still doesn t work.have to run around 7/8 maps lvl 75 to get 1/2 maps lvl 76 ..... it is really frustrating to to be unable to reach lvl95+ only because you can t get wat you need,not because you're too weak to afford it.....frustration,frustration......pfffffffff
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
There an easy way to fix map drops but it is a non RNG method and that is to have fixed seed values.
A map could have 1000% quantity but if the seed is low it will make no difference also drops getting reduced when you open a portal back to town doesn't help.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:
There an easy way to fix map drops but it is a non RNG method and that is to have fixed seed values.
A map could have 1000% quantity but if the seed is low it will make no difference also drops getting reduced when you open a portal back to town doesn't help.

In my opinion the map seed range should not be fixed however I do believe it should be compressed so that the # of map drops are more predictable based on map IIQ. This could fix pretty much everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info