This Week's State of the Beta

"
geradon wrote:
"
MoonRice6 wrote:
looks like you guys are using SCRUM. eyyyyy getting all dem issues out fast!!!

scrum?

So much salt in that article! So much emotional language. Couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing. Need water.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
"
Serleth wrote:
It's more or less done.

not my impression at all. the game still crashes every 5 hour session i do on average. it got less though. then there are areas and boss fights we haven't even tested yet. free to play games need to convince players to support by quality because they play first and maybe pay later.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
obadonke wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
"
MoonRice6 wrote:
looks like you guys are using SCRUM. eyyyyy getting all dem issues out fast!!!

scrum?

So much salt in that article! So much emotional language. Couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing. Need water.

i like pragmatic and realistic reviews that open a totally different view on things i previously liked ;-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
i'd love to see a post about your team structures.

Clearing that many issues so fast is phenomenal.

Chris said they ahd put a lot of effort into the generation of the issues - but everyone does. I would love some insight into how you achieved this frankly unbelievable burndown.

I don't think you are the largest team in the world ... you sound like <30-40.

Am very impressed

Soem other people have mentioned methods (such as scrum) but that really doesn't explain anythign away. The fact is you guys have nailed how you are breaking these things down. Is this something you have had working for a while or has something magical clicked and all the part synced up recently?

epithany or just lots of hard work and reflection on process coming together?
Been waiting awhile to come back to poe can't wait for official launch
2spooky4me
You lazy boys! :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
MrTortoise3 wrote:

Soem other people have mentioned methods (such as scrum) but that really doesn't explain anythign away.

They don't use SCRUM internaly. They use a relatively ad hoc methodology (not following Agile or any other specific one) where they generally work towards a 2-3 week patch cycle.
Mirror of Kalandra?
GOOD!

<3 loveya
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
these aggressive developers!! :D
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
As if putting on a clinic for free to play models and complex, deep game mechanics wasn't enough. This level of transparency and communication really is unprecedented. I wish other developers would take a closer look.

Thank you for the updates, a lot of exciting stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info