[2.0] Raggapauls EasyPeasy Crit Ice Crash Scion!

Depending on your currency, you should go for two jewel sockets and fill them with some nice jewels :) for just 2 skillpoints you can get 16% life as well as 30%+++ phys/melee/2h damage.

If you want to go staff the two points for Blunt Instrument are a no-brainer.

Do you use Endu Charges on Stun / Leap Slam with Warlords Mark? For hc I would advice to get more life then and additional Endu Charges. With the merc bandit reward you get 6 endu charges which gives A LOT more survivability. Starting from what you did I would go this way:

1. Get rid of those 5sp right at Scion start for additional AoE and 10life/5str as well as the 6% phys damage nodes
2. Taking two jewel sockets
3. get Blunt Instrument
4. take the two open life nodes at Juggernaut and Barbarism
5. add two Endurance Charges
6. add devotion cluster for life

That gives some survivability.

I guess you dont want to go crit? Then you should really take RT

With these and some other changes youll end up with this build:Link

As you can see I also got rid of the dex/int nodes you took, you probably wont need them later anyway. With RT you dont need accurary too.

From this point you can adjust as you wish. E.g. go for 2h damage nodes.
I've been using Fortify with my Leap Slam - CoH - Warlord's Mark; Endu Charge on Stun better?

I am going crit, this is where I'll be at in a few levels (if I don't die to cruel Mal):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAZEEswmWC2EMXw3NFCAU9ho4Gj4cpxzOJy8pLitQLdIx-zWSOQ462DrhPAU8LT0PQXJKyE3jUEdTpVcNWfNfP2ebaPJuqnasd-V7w3y4fLt_44IHguSDX4PMhjuKr5ARkFWRzpMHlmyXeaIAplenpa2Nrj6vbK-ntfK3PrlDvJq-vMBmxPbGrslnz37SIdi92WHZfORR7UTvDu988B_xrPIv8kHyRf4K_lT-jw==

Going forward, do you think Celestial Punishment would be worth it? I can also move up, grab the Life and Chaos Resist nodes and Sovereignty so I can run Determination and HoI and HoF. Like this:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAZEEswmWC2EMXw3NFCAU9hZvFy8aOBo-HKccziSqJy8pLitQLdIx-zWSNuk5DjrYOuE8BTwtPQ9BckrITeNQR1OlVdZXDVnzXz9k52aeZ5to8m6qcYVyD3asd-V7w3y4fLt_44CkggeC5INfg8yGO4qvkBGQVZHOkweWbJd5ogCmV6elrY2uPq9sr6exQrXytz65Q7yavrzAZsT2xq7JZ89-0iHYvdlh2XzjauRR7UTvDu988B_xrPIv8kHyRfMR-tL-Cv5U_o8=

Thanks for your reply
When you want to go crit, why dont you take any crit nodes except that staff nodes?

I would use both, Endu Charges on Stun linked to a trigger skill + stun + melee phys damage as well as Leap slam with CoH and Warlords Mark.

The aura skills are not worth to use imho. Celestial Punishment also not. Crit = oneshot, you dont need freeze :)
Thanks for posting your build.

I have a decent baseline of gear/currency with my dual flame totem witch but it is so boring.

I will be giving this a shot. I'll let you know how it goes.
cool, let my know if you find room for optimisation :)
Can you post your current gear pls
Sorry dude I cant, this was a beta char and my Warbands char just started.
It's a solid build but I tweaked it a little.

Moving to a 6s/5L Lightning Coil (from a 6s/5L 1500 armor 99 life Astral Plate) made a HUGE improvement in my survivability. Huge. It pretty much offsets the phys damage penalty from Abyssus, and still provides decent armor, life and evasion. I run IC, Blood Magic, WED, MPD, Faster Attacks. Tried without BM, and still had trouble not firing blanks, and the extra damage or increased AOE I traded for BM didn't seem to make a huge improvement in clear speed (though it helped with bosses)

I also added manual Enduring Cry and Abyssal Cry (via good unset rings). Manual EC also helps a great deal in higher level maps, against curse immune mobs that you can't stick Warlord's on and during boss fights. Abyssal Cry is great for burning down blue packs and especially rares/bosses in the middle of a pack when they asplode. Makes you less reliant on RNG for crits as well. Plus the slow effect helps survival a bit.

Also experimented with a Fire Golem instead of an Ice Golem, seemed to work nearly as well, trading a mild crit and accuracy bonus for more flat damage. I should note that the Fire Golem died a LOT less often, so actual sustained DPS boost from having him might be better than Ice.

Also not so sure accuracy means a lot with Ice Crash since its an AOE, though it might have an effect on crit probability. I'm sitting at 86% accuracy with my gear, which seems to work fine.

Since I'm doing manual EC, I dropped Riposte and the stun/endurance charge on stun links, going with Vengeance, LGOH, Inc. AOE, and Blind. Seems to work out better, since the overall block chance with this build is still not that great (I'm at 36% without Tempest up), and Riposte only attacks from the front in weapon range, so it wasn't contributing that much.

But you're always getting beat on, so that 30% chance to fire Vengeance means it's always going off in a pack, increased AOE means it hits a lot of critters, feeding me a fair amount of instant HP and doing a decent job of keeping Blind up. Swapping Blind for Riposte works OK, but I like the extra crowd control with Blind.

Finally, I run a 4L with a Lvl 5 CWDT, lvl 20 Increased Duration, Lvl 7 Immortal Call, and Lvl 7 Temporal Chains, in addition to the 3L Lvl 2 CWDT/Lvl 8 Tempest Shield/Lvl 11 Molten Shell.
Last edited by Capozzi on Jul 17, 2015, 10:18:10 AM
Hey, thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your effort!

Lightning coil: Good idea, if you manage to keep light resist up. Its just the far more expensive option. Most people (like me) wont have the currency to get it early, at least not on the leagues.

Manual warcrys: I dont like to use more than two skills since since I love to play with a beer in my hand ;)

Fire or Ice golem: The higher the crit multi is, the better the ice golem will get. Quite sure that its better then fire golem. But if the fire golem doesnt die as often as the ice golem, it might really be a good option.

Your curses: You can only have one curse up and you usually dont need temp chain with bigger AoE since you kill almost everything anyway. Wouldnt recommend to swap this.

Vengeance stun or LGOH: need to test it, doesnt sound too bad, although even with a lv 20 LGOH you wont get much hp back. Even a 20/20 just gives 54 life. So if you hit 10 mobs its just 540, so about like 13% of your total life. Usually, after first hit only a few mobs remain. Also your leap slam stuns so they wont attack you much. I doubt its worth it :D
I got lucky on Warbands and found the Lightning Coil (and ten minutes later, my first ever Koams! So my luck is shot for the next year or so!).

I'm lazy too, but the added survival boost with manual EC is significant. Kinda glad it's a Warcry now and not something I can stick on a CWDT, because it's super effective leveled up and manual.

I forgot to mention I've got an "extra curse" corrupted amulet going, so Temp chains and Warlords both stick. It's also nice that TC is automatic, sometimes lag (I can't stand the jerky "feel" of Lockstep, so I stay on Predictive) or geometry or just laziness keeps me from Leap Slamming to proc WM. :)

LGOH is more effective than you might think, as often as Vengeance is going off for me. I'm also only hovering around 21k DPS, so it takes me a few attacks to clear the trash mobs. It's like hitting a Seething flask, for free.

My crit chance never got above 25%. My crit chance jewelry collection is weak on Warbands, and I'm using a Tiger Hook sword at the moment, which adds nothing to crit, but is 360 PDPS. My crit multi is more than decent at 450% though.

Dropping the Ice Golem lowers my crit chance to 23%, and my accuracy by only 1 point. It's not that huge a boost, compared to the flat damage add from the Fire Golem, combined with my particular self-found weapon. This build just doesn't boost crit chance that much (compared to a more crit-focused build with dozens of points invested in them, and crit-heavy weapons).

Finally, I should mention that when I do league play, I don't trade, ever. What I find or what I craft is what I use, so that has a huge impact on how I tend to tweak builds. Often less than optimal, but I never let perfect be the enemy of good. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info