10% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
Players have no Life or Mana Regeneration
+12% Monster pack size

Area yields 18% more Items
9% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
(-16 to -12)% maximum Player Resistances
+16% Monster pack size

Dat currency sink will be real.

No regen and -max are always rerolled pretty much i think they should provide WAY more benefits.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Jun 26, 2015, 8:47:20 AM
They can't make mods like bloodmagic or no regen too rewarding because there are builds for which these are no problem at all. You'd end up with certain builds way outperforming for mapping and late game variety going way down.

I'd love to see GGG put a system in place where they transparently rebalance the bonuses every league based on past league data. Quantity+rarity lower the more often a mod is run, pack size higher the more a mod is in effect when a player dies. Then at least if certain types of builds got popular for mapping players could be incentivized to try something different the next league without having to directly nerf the builds.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
Kagari wrote:
Area yields 25% more Items
12% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
Monsters Fracture

Area yields 20% more Items
10% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
Players have no Life or Mana Regeneration
+12% Monster pack size

Area yields 18% more Items
9% increased Rarity of Items found in this Area
(-16 to -12)% maximum Player Resistances
+16% Monster pack size

No regen and -max are always rerolled pretty much i think they should provide WAY more benefits.

No regen has no impact on characters, who sustain themselves via leech. Which are quite numerous. As for blood magic and -max, they have serious impact on almost all characters (except for blood magic keystone users - for blood magic mod).

"
Malvan wrote:
Hm map changes looking good but let's see first how the rewards of hard maps are turning out.
You get 99.9% of shit items and that's worth it to risk your char?
But wait and see.

You gain more experience from map with mod, affecting your character (due to increased pack size). So your risk WILL be rewarded even if you dont care about loot.

"
g00fy_goober wrote:

1.) Get rid of temp chains please. I do not know ANYONE that runs temp chains map and if someone does they are probably close to the only one. You could give +100% pack size +100 IIR +100% IIQ and I still would not run temp chains. It is really that annoying of a mod to run on a map.

For example, if you have high attack speed and certain melee weapon, then you can use Whirling Blades or Leap Slam to move fast enough even in Temporal Chains + Frozen ground map. Furthermore, all your buffs and charges will have increased duration, for some build that's a huge benefit.
With Determenistic Lockstep, desync wont be an issue for movement with your skills.
So why GGG should remove it? Just because your build suffers from it and you cant adapt?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 26, 2015, 9:47:30 AM
Can we just remove temp chains? It's really horrible to do any map at 1/3 speed.
"
The More Magic Monsters Mod has been combined with the Bloodlines Mod, meaning you get more magic monsters, but each magic pack will have a Bloodline Mod.

Not a fan of this at all, bloodlines should be removed from the core game and be available as a Zana mod period.
"
Deckardyo wrote:
"
The More Magic Monsters Mod has been combined with the Bloodlines Mod, meaning you get more magic monsters, but each magic pack will have a Bloodline Mod.

Not a fan of this at all, bloodlines should be removed from the core game and be available as a Zana mod period.

No, bloodline is really cool, its add challenge to the game, bloodline on magic monster, nemesis on rare monster are really cool mechanic, its make the farming less boring
"
CorranHorn wrote:
Can we just remove temp chains? It's really horrible to do any map at 1/3 speed.

UPvote it.
"
CorranHorn wrote:

... and get nothing (0 maps) at finish :)
Mirror of Kalandra?
Please remove the Temporal Chains mod. Nobody likes it. Really. It is simply annoying. Terribly, terribly annoying. I feel bad each time after playing a particularly juicy map with temporal chains and swear no matter what, I will never do another (so far 1 month in in the last pledge). Please.

Removing the Blood Magic mod would also be great. It is an instant re-roll for some builds, a free mod for others, and an annoying struggle for those in-between. I would very much like it gone (at least it is rare, in my experience, unlike Temporal Chains).

The bloodlines mods I also do not like but they are manageable, at least after I died to some of them twice.

Furthermore, I thing you should also tweak the numbers on the mods again. They simply do no correspond well to the danger they introduce. I good way to do that, in my opinion, would be to heavily buff the numbers of the current lowest ones when they spawn in conjunction with other mods which have synergy with them. For example, Added Fire/Cold/Lightning and - max resistances.
"
Kagari wrote:

Everyone I know runs -max. Even in the 1.3 system, it's one of the most consistently rewarding mods, and I can only imagine it will be even more so with the changes now.

And I'm also pretty sure part of the point is to introduce a currency sink.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info