Changes to Map Mods for The Awakening

"
GGG_Neon wrote:

All Mods which grant Increased Item Quantity will now also grant Increased Item Rarity to the Maps. This value is multiplicative with all other forms of Rarity increases.

Hi Neon,

In game, map quantity is "more" ( multiplicativ ) when map rarity is "increased" ( additiv ).
Could you please clarify it ?
IGN TylordRampage
So packsize almost gone in low-mid tier maps and magic monster much harder, the exp gain took a huge nerf, it will be much slower to level up from 75 to 85.
"
Malone wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

All Mods which grant Increased Item Quantity will now also grant Increased Item Rarity to the Maps. This value is multiplicative with all other forms of Rarity increases.

Hi Neon,

In game, map quantity is "more" ( multiplicativ ) when map rarity is "increased" ( additiv ).

Was always curious if map quant was multiplicative but now im confused.
Really cool changes!

Thanks for the update :)
These changes sound good and should bring more interesting mapping. However, there is one BIG imperative that need to be fulfilled alongside these changes, you need to be properly rewarded for this increased challenge.

And in the risk to reward ratio lies the problem, there are already hits in the announcements that the reward is not meant to be more maps but more shitty loot. Rarity was a non-factor in the past when it came to obtain more maps to progress through map tier. Rarity is still a non-factor in Awakening to get more maps. I did not hear many, if any at all, complains about not enough rare loot in maps. I do, however, hear many complains about not enough map drops. I'm worried this increased rarity is a band-aid and an attempt to silence those that provide negative feedback about state of mapping currently in beta.

Now to new map tiers and new map mod combinations. Again, good idea but with quite a few problematic areas. Multiple elemental mods with same % increased damage as on live would be absolutely crazy. Those elemental damage increase mods need to be toned down-not necessarily to be at the same level combined as one mod. We are not able to run multiple auras easily now, in fact we are restricted to basic 2 or 3 choices. Multiple elemental mods mean I need to run 2 elemental auras, which in turn means I will have to drop all my offensive auras. This could mean loss of 25 to 30% total DPS for physical builds as an example.
Curses are another pain point. People scream "Murder!" when they roll Temporal chains because the mod is annoying more than difficult. If multiple curse mods mean we have more chances to roll Temporal Chains as one of the mods, we can kiss our currency good bye.

So, please GGG:
1. Tone down elemental damage increase mods so they are not forcing us to run 2 resistance auras. Total increase can be higher than currently on live, just do not keep the mods at same levels.
2. Remove Temporal chains from curse list.
3. Ensure that these changes are properly translated to increased likeliness of map drops. Very few people cares about increased Rarity because if they would do, they would just run MF characters.
"
Malone wrote:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Like with map item quantity increases, increases to the map are different from your own increases to monsters you kill. They aren't applying to the same things, so do not sum together. They (Serleth edit: "They = quantity and rarity") are effectively multiplicative.

Pulled from right here

"
oRieLLi wrote:
So packsize almost gone in low-mid tier maps and magic monster much harder, the exp gain took a huge nerf, it will be much slower to level up from 75 to 85.

Uhhh. No? Packsize is simply based more off how you roll the map rather than an actual affix. How much currency you want to invest is now up to you, which is partly why IIR is now "above the line" on map rolls, to help you earn money to roll maps.

Map drops will also be a lot more consistent (based on my experience today) up to the higher end of mid-tier maps, and maps are +2 base level (starting at 68 instead of 66), which essentially means you get 98% experience gain up until level 77, from a 68 map.

The 73-75 map pool appears to be rather easy to sustain, and you get 91% xp from a 74 map when you're level 84.

So, sorry. But you're pretty much just wrong. I levelled from 84-85 today in the span of maybe 1.5 hours? Playing fairly slow. If anything, based on the +2 base map level alone, getting to 85 will be much easier with how the xp penalty functions.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 26, 2015, 4:09:08 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
3. Ensure that these changes are properly translated to increased likeliness of map drops.

It's only one day of testing for me, but based on my experience (and those I know in Beta), this is exactly what's happening.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Temp chains is good for at least one build: Vaal Molten Shell build
"
BurakUeda wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
BurakUeda wrote:
Wow!
Nice changes.
Love the increased difficulty = increased rewards change.

But still, no word on tilesets?
Please make them random for all levels, just like Zana does.

Tilesets will not be random. Dungeon will always be 68, Mountain Ledge always 69, etc.

Did GGG say that?

I can't see any reason why.
I mean, creating random tilesets with random levels is already in the game, but available only in Zana maps.
Also in some other master's maps but mini versions.

They never said it will be random, so for now it's more reasonable to say that it won't.
IGN : @Morgoth
FINALLY more challenging maps that doesn't cost 7ex per run or is outright absurd (5v1 hall of grandmasters)
CoC is dead, goodbye DPS hello FPS - September 2nd, 2016.
Life is in the past, use your Energy Shield instead - January 11th, 2017.
All you need is some ES whooping and you'll have your Life back - May 24th, 2017.

IGN: InfernalEnvy | Lv.100 Righteous Fire Juggernaut

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info