Changes to Map Mods for The Awakening

"
Silanah wrote:
Please remove the Temporal Chains mod. Nobody likes it. Really. It is simply annoying. Terribly, terribly annoying.

It's a an only mod, that make your character STRONGER in certain way (increased duration of all buffs and charges on you), and you say nobody likes it?
I will repeat myself - you CAN use movement skills like Whirling Blades to move fast enough in Temporal Chains map, for many popular builds.

"
Silanah wrote:

Furthermore, I thing you should also tweak the numbers on the mods again. They simply do no correspond well to the danger they introduce. I good way to do that, in my opinion, would be to heavily buff the numbers of the current lowest ones when they spawn in conjunction with other mods which have synergy with them. For example, Added Fire/Cold/Lightning and - max resistances.

I agree on that, -max resistances should be tweaked in numbers, because even for "best case" scenario (75% max res) it grants HUGE elemental damage boost (around 70%), far more, than any other mod does (and that's the "best case scenario", for 85% max res damage boost will be even greater). -max res is just an "overpowered" single map mod, that's all. Tweak its numbers, and it will be "in line" with others.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
i thing we will never see magic mobs on maps again with that change ^^
"
Tartaros38 wrote:

If anything, I'm more excited than before to get magic mobs.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I see my wallet opening... but there is nothing in it... but I also have a credit card :D
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
I admittedly haven't fancied many of the gameplay changes coming in 2.0.0, but this one will be quite fun, and definitely makes me look forward to it.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
Dazoul wrote:
"
Deckardyo wrote:
"
The More Magic Monsters Mod has been combined with the Bloodlines Mod, meaning you get more magic monsters, but each magic pack will have a Bloodline Mod.

Not a fan of this at all, bloodlines should be removed from the core game and be available as a Zana mod period.

No, bloodline is really cool, its add challenge to the game, bloodline on magic monster, nemesis on rare monster are really cool mechanic, its make the farming less boring

I agree, bloodlines/magic and nemesis/rare changes are fantastic. As it was, straight up +magic or +rare mods didn't really add much danger to maps at all. Now they're actually a challenge, and a lot more fun.

Overall the map changes are great, I'm enjoying mapping all the more. I can't wait until all the tilesets are in, because Trop Island is getting old.

Finally, I would add my voice to the call to get rid of Temp Chains.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
I have to say that these changes are completely awaesome and I have already had fun testing a handful of maps before I had to get to bed >.<.

Looking forward to an ENTIRE weekend of mapping now. Playing challenging maps and getting rewarded for it is almost to good to be true. No more rolling packsize/magic/rare on every single map or I just don't run it lol.

I did not read anything in the manifesto post though about what is changing with droprates exactly. Just said in announcements that "Some adjustments have been made to map drop chances"

I mean I know you stated before that you want it to be pretty easy to maintain low-midtier but still slightly challenging to maintain the highest tier of maps 80-82.

I would love to see 2 things however.

1.) Get rid of temp chains please. I do not know ANYONE that runs temp chains map and if someone does they are probably close to the only one. You could give +100% pack size +100 IIR +100% IIQ and I still would not run temp chains. It is really that annoying of a mod to run on a map.

2.) I love bloodlines put please get rid of necrovigil and p-link. I cannot stand those mods either they are so annoying.

Other than that, great job as always GGG.

On my summoner I can just gold a map and run it all the way up to 78's. On Dom and Piety I have to watch out for multi proj.... AKA: I run temp chains because it doesn't affect my clears speed and is free rarity for me. You guys should buff the reward from it ;)
Last edited by DarkHeart69 on Jun 26, 2015, 9:39:30 PM
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
The More Rare Monsters Mod has been combined with the Nemesis Mod, meaning you get more rare monsters, but each rare monster will have a Nemesis Mod.

My favorite league was Nemesis, this is an awesome change.
"
TRV wrote:
"
GGG_Neon wrote:
The More Rare Monsters Mod has been combined with the Nemesis Mod, meaning you get more rare monsters, but each rare monster will have a Nemesis Mod.

My favorite league was Nemesis, this is an awesome change.

Yeah, especially awesome map mod, if you have Headhunter.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 27, 2015, 3:42:57 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Tartaros38 wrote:

If anything, I'm more excited than before to get magic mobs.

i thing then you are one of the few who don t hat it when 10 p-link leapers jump on you and 3 stay back with the killable buff. Or a inddor map with 10 totems on the door and the other mobs are behind it ..... i didn t enjoy this shit one bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info