Feb 12: 1h Solo HC (Calibration - no prizes)

"
Hilbert wrote:
Quoting myself again.
"
It's not a new raceformat anyway.

Actually the decreased level in a1 zones fit my playstyle far more because I don't waste minutes to relevel for coves.

Realistic is Top Racers:
1h Level 17-18 in A2
2h Level 26-27 in Western Forest(still level 21)
3h Level 30-31 in Battlefront
4h Level 36 in in Ledge Cruel

Dunno why such known formats need to be tested.
The majority of players don't skip areas so after 1h they will have level 10, after 2h level 17 in A2, after 3h level 20 in a2 and after 4h around level 24 end of a2.

I think your numbers are way off. Only 3 levels in an hour from a 2-3 hour race? And only 23-25 in a 4h race? Thats on the low end imo and I'm one that wont hit thoes numbers.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Quoting myself again.
"

Actually the decreased level in a1 zones fit my playstyle far more because I don't waste minutes to relevel for coves.

Realistic is Top Racers:
1h Level 17-18 in A2

The majority of players don't skip areas so after 1h they will have level 10, after 2h level 17 in A2, after 3h level 20 in a2 and after 4h around level 24 end of a2.

1h really didn't need testing, #1 will be 19, and with silverbranch buff 20 is possible.
2h Western will still probably win but 26-27 seems a bit low - I think 28 is possible, and people will go to A3, that's easily possible, but probably not as efficient. (either way, I'm going to A3 for this race just because I wanna test the new spec)
3h and 4h is where things will be interesting. I personally feel like grinding Solaris would be a really good idea. Those Ribbons are just 2ez and they always come in pretty good pack size.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
xenogias wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Quoting myself again.
"

Realistic is Top Racers:
1h Level 17-18 in A2

I think your numbers are way off. Only 3 levels in an hour from a 2-3 hour race? And only 23-25 in a 4h race? Thats on the low end imo and I'm one that wont hit thoes numbers.

Yeah. Actually I was surprised that they managed to reach level 18 in this race, but the expected progression is almost exactly the same as in closed beta when it comes to level which is completely sensible. When I commented on these predictions it was as much to question the areas for farming. With the result from the 1 hour race I have been confirmed in my suspicion that the players have a better incentive to progress than before. It seems rather inefficient to try and farm Western Forest for more than an hour in the 2 hour race, but level 26-27 is what we can expect to see in 2 hours. The way the first race went, I would even go as far as saying that level 28 is possible because of how well the top 20 did in the 1 hour race and because of the trends in the last cb-races! The real unknowns will be the 3 hour race, but even more so the 4 hour race, when they enter act 3. We do not know how well act 3 areas work compared to the cb-areas!

Edit: wow, high-five to TheuberClips. Great minds think alike! I did not see your comment 'till after I had written my comment! :)
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Last edited by radiatoren on Feb 12, 2013, 1:17:15 PM
"

I talk about common players, common players won't skip areas and kill everything.

"
1h really didn't need testing, #1 will be 19, and with silverbranch buff 20 is possible.

Really unlikely. You win the time at the beginning of the race and that ends after Brutus.

"
2h Western will still probably win but 26-27 seems a bit low - I think 28 is possible, and people will go to A3, that's easily possible, but probably not as efficient. (either way, I'm going to A3 for this race just because I wanna test the new spec)

28 is a party case, same goes for an A3 attempt.
You have to consider A3 isn't suited for grinding.

City of Sarn-->More Exp in WC2
Sarn Slurm-->Poor Design

Following Grinding spots for 3h races:
Sewers-->Idea would be good if you don't need keys.
Warehouses-->Terrible big no WP many dead ends.
Marketplace-->High HP statues and Punture desynch mobs
Battlefront->First really simple mobs easy traveling
Solaris->Low density and big areas, terrible experience from Ribbons.
Docks->Many magic mobs. Magic Voidbearers(Splitting/Haste) could finish you off within 2 seconds. Might not be suited for non melee builds.

You have to consider on a 2h Race you go straight to Western Forest.
On a 3h Race you do many sidequests and end up level 22-23 killing Vaal, meaning you have to Relevel at level 28 area then 29 etc and that kills time.

4h will definetly end at Ledge Cruel, killing Piety around level 28.

I am still waiting for wipe formats where you start at certain levels in act 2 or 3 because this will be far more interesting.

Id like to see some alternate race formats where top placements are based on completing certain main campaign quests (check furthest quest progress first, if multiple players have achieved the goal, compare completion times) instead of just raw levels. Most of the players time in cb races was spent grinding easy zones, and it looks like the addition of a3 will make this even more pronounced.
IGN: KoTao
Achieving given objectives for currencies the same way they were rewarded for a given level in a solo race
I don't know if it's a good idea for party play considering that they haven't nerfed the portal abuse
It could be interesting than meeting an objective would reward the demigod equivalent but that objective would be hard enough so they wouldn't reward the demigod equivalent each race
like for this race leveling to 20 would be the requirement to get the demigod equivalent
Last edited by Pam on Feb 12, 2013, 4:48:10 PM
"
Hilbert wrote:
"

I talk about common players, common players won't skip areas and kill everything.

"

Really unlikely. You win the time at the beginning of the race and that ends after Brutus.

"

28 is a party case, same goes for an A3 attempt.
You have to consider A3 isn't suited for grinding.

City of Sarn-->More Exp in WC2
Sarn Slurm-->Poor Design

Following Grinding spots for 3h races:
Sewers-->Idea would be good if you don't need keys.
Warehouses-->Terrible big no WP many dead ends.
Marketplace-->High HP statues and Punture desynch mobs
Battlefront->First really simple mobs easy traveling
Solaris->Low density and big areas, terrible experience from Ribbons.
Docks->Many magic mobs. Magic Voidbearers(Splitting/Haste) could finish you off within 2 seconds. Might not be suited for non melee builds.

You have to consider on a 2h Race you go straight to Western Forest.
On a 3h Race you do many sidequests and end up level 22-23 killing Vaal, meaning you have to Relevel at level 28 area then 29 etc and that kills time.

4h will definetly end at Ledge Cruel, killing Piety around level 28.

I am still waiting for wipe formats where you start at certain levels in act 2 or 3 because this will be far more interesting.

Your premise of common players seems dubious: Why would common players not play to win? I mean: Doing all areas is so inefficient and as people get better at racing they will naturally try to do better and thus begin to skip zones. It would not make sense to collect data on those players only since you get those data for free on the default and hardcore leagues, which is why the high end players are what they more or less asked for, for these events.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
Pam wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:

No quicksilver but you got poison arrow + rain of arrows? Surely you did Hailrake :P

Yeah I took life flask
I died in training so I don't know if it's a good idea or not, didn't get movement speed on flask nor boots

The movement flask will save you more than a life flask ever will, IMO. If you don't have one by Prisoner's Gate, you should buy one.

I personally skipped Hailrake. It takes ~3 minutes to do and I didn't see myself getting another 3 minutes back by doing it. I will admit Rain of Arrows would probably have helped a ton in Western, but in a 1 hour race I don't think it's enough to justify.

No offense but I don't think you would have won if I had better map RNG - I found 2 large chests, 1 in Lower Prison, and 1 in Caverns of Anger (which I think is the worst thing possible, caverns of anger has an insane generation for large chests)

Caverns probably lost me about 6 minutes (I'd say 4 for that because of move speed boots), and lower prison probably around 2. I wish I had screenshotted caverns, it looked so ridiculous. I'm amazed I killed Merveil at 45.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Cant wait to play im in :)
"
TheuberClips wrote:

No offense but I don't think you would have won if I had better map RNG - I found 2 large chests, 1 in Lower Prison, and 1 in Caverns of Anger (which I think is the worst thing possible, caverns of anger has an insane generation for large chests)

I did a 19,58 run with a large chest in cavern of anger and decent luck on weapon (50% phys)
getting a chest is way less penalizing than crashing
Still no ms boots, previous races my weapons were kinda shitty until lvl 25
Last edited by Pam on Feb 13, 2013, 1:18:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info