As a unique designer, can i say no to a divination card for my unique?

"
Barivius wrote:
Ah I hope the supporter who made my target unique agrees. My second choice would be vendor food I suspect.

I think I am going to adopt this term instead of 'vendor trash'. I like it much more.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Yep, as others have said - if you've designed a unique and someone wants to make a divination card that specifically targets that unique we will contact you.

What is the time frame for a response? What if you do not get one? Will it be implemented anyway? If so, what happens if the supporter returns at a later date and insists they are against it. Will you then have to change the card? If so, will you contact the creator of the card?

This becomes quite a hassle, doesn't it!?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jun 22, 2015, 8:12:46 PM
"

What is the time frame for a response?

As long as the card creator is happy to wait.

"
What if you do not get one?

Then no card.

"
Will it be implemented anyway? If so, what happens if the supporter returns at a later date and insists they are against it. Will you then have to change the card? If so, will you contact the creator of the card?

No, it will not be implemented anyway.

"
This becomes quite a hassle, doesn't it!?

Yes, it does a bit. However we do value our supporters, and like them to be happy. The unique supporters have often needed to be very patient with us, and we like them to be happy with their creation.

Good answers, Qarl. I appreciate you taking the time to clear it up.
Wait a second, the question earlier was still unanswered.

If a unique supporter says no div card at all for a unique but a div card for like ANY weapon or Unique gloves came out, then does that unique designed by the supporter get included in those cards?
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
So as Qarl stated it appears the default setting is: "Designer needs to agree to use in a Divination Card, otherwise it is a no go".

A bit like the Privacy Consent Acts now in place in jurisdictions: customers must explicitly agree to allowing you to contact them, otherwise it is illegal to do so.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
... This makes things no clearer for a player who may assume a card that grants a Unique Sword at random will grant The Goddess Scorned when I have said no it won't, but it's not as if plug n play clarity has ever been a thing for PoE."

Agreed.

Perhaps * footnotes on the cards?

Daresso's Dare

0/8

Unique Sword*

Daresso dared his mistress.

* following can not drop: The Goddess Bound, The Goddess Scorned and The Goddess Unleashed.

All seems a bit too much, doesn't it?

My personal opinion is that my "contract of sale" agreement with GGG that enabled me to design my item for the game ended once that item was released. Thereafter, control of how that item drops is at the mercy of GGG, unless the item drop source formed part of the original design agreement (ie via recipe or map specific drop location etc).
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Jun 23, 2015, 12:55:30 AM
"
Skyforth wrote:

If a unique supporter says no div card at all for a unique but a div card for like ANY weapon or Unique gloves came out, then does that unique designed by the supporter get included in those cards?

Sorry, I hadn't picked up on that one. For the category unique ones: it can make any item in that category that can drop (including supporter uniques). For example the The Battle Born can create Reaper's Pursuit.

"Why is this different?", you may ask. The main thing I think is theming. If it is a card about "Unique Axe" then the card is about axes. It doesn't say anything about a supporter unique that might be captured in that. A card themed around someone else's unique says things about that unique, and it feels a bit more like it could be a personal invasion.

So its not really about someone controlling the the unique they made, but more about not diminishing the supporters creative investment.

"
That was answered. Any card involving a designer unique will be run by that designer first. This makes things no clearer for a player who may assume a card that grants a Unique Sword at random will grant The Goddess Scorned when I have said no it won't, but it's not as if plug n play clarity has ever been a thing for PoE.

That said, you'd likely have to argue your stance to the devs. Arbitrarily excluding your unique from an appropriate card rather than because of a preexisting condition (cannot drop, for example, or can only drop from certain enemies) might be harder to justify.

That is actually a good point. I mean, many supporters who created uniques don't even play anymore, isn't that correct? Does that mean any time someone requests a card that drops any unique from a matching base that those won't drop because they can't be confirmed with the creator? Or will unique creators have to actively tell GGG NOT to put their uniques on cards.

-EDIT-
I was ninja'd by Qarl.
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jun 23, 2015, 1:33:28 AM
"
"Why is this different?", you may ask.

If not specified, its the same like a plain drop: fully random.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:

Sorry, I hadn't picked up on that one. For the category unique ones: it can make any item in that category that can drop (including supporter uniques). For example the The Battle Born can create Reaper's Pursuit.

"Why is this different?", you may ask. The main thing I think is theming. If it is a card about "Unique Axe" then the card is about axes. It doesn't say anything about a supporter unique that might be captured in that. A card themed around someone else's unique says things about that unique, and it feels a bit more like it could be a personal invasion.

So its not really about someone controlling the the unique they made, but more about not diminishing the supporters creative investment.

Thanks for this clarification.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info