Finally get rid of the chained ladies in 2.0, please!

I've been an another general discussion about PoE recently and someone brought this up again. People are turned away by this from the game. I myself somehow learned to ignore it but it still bothers me everytime I notice it.

Please just intruduce the UI update* you already had done. Or make it an option.

Thanks.

* https://web-grindinggear.netdna-ssl.com/public/chris/augteaser2.jpg
This request is ridiculous, I want to see even more chained ladies.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Ahahahaha... Sorry, but I really had to laugh when reading this. This definitely does not drive people from the game away. I think most people like the looks of the chained ladies or do not care about them at all (to be honest, I haven't looked at them for month).

If GGG has some time to spare, I wouldn't mind introducing an option for the UI to remove the ladies or replace them with men (BUT OPTIONAL!). But I don't think that this has a high priority...

"
lukeiy wrote:
This request is ridiculous, I want to see even more chained ladies.

I wouldn't mind if they had no chains and clothing at all :D
Last edited by AceNightfire on Jun 16, 2015, 6:25:40 AM
I'm wearing glasses but... the one on the right do look like a man.
Seriously, I can understand why some players would have issues with the naked statues, or some of the female mobs, but these... At some point, almost every player forgets they are even there.

The idea of having an available option you could change could make sense, though.
"
lukeiy wrote:
This request is ridiculous

This. We seem to live in an age where everyone has to be offended by something. Should GGG cater to the offended tiny minority? What about dead bodies? Gore? Perhaps this isn't the game for you?
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
jlow wrote:
People are turned away by this from the game.

How many people do you know who have been turned away by this, and why?

"
jlow wrote:
I myself somehow learned to ignore it but it still bothers me everytime I notice it.

Why does it bother you?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
BLASPHEMER! O mighty RNGChrisus who rules all, punish him most violently, for this unfathomable offense to the faithful is absolutely unforgivable!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
People definitely do get turned away by the statutes on the life and mana orbs. I've had trouble getting people to try the game solely due to that negative first impression seen as soon as you start playing and in every screenshot and video.

You should replace them with the reclining dudes. As people have mentioned, long-standing players don't really notice the statutes anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference to them. Though realistically you'd probably be best off to replace them with some birds or gargoyles or something instead.
"
Nuro wrote:
People definitely do get turned away by the statutes on the life and mana orbs. I've had trouble getting people to try the game solely due to that negative first impression seen as soon as you start playing and in every screenshot and video.

You should replace them with the reclining dudes. As people have mentioned, long-standing players don't really notice the statutes anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference to them. Though realistically you'd probably be best off to replace them with some birds or gargoyles or something instead.

Yeah! While they're at it maybe GGG can change the SRS skulls to say...mini ponies and instead of blood and gore they could change it to rainbows and sparkly glitter!
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info