[2.0] 二刀流 "Nitōryū" Endgame Reave by fiqst

How do you deal with reflect
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
Vaal pact/acuity, whichever you can use.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
How are you dealing with staying alive and not being 1 shot?

Doing this same build right now.

Atm level 65, 3k life and doing ~60k crash.
armor is 7k. res all capped.
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I've made a big change to the build but i haven't updated the thread.

I dropped IR for acro+phase. The difference in survivability is huge.

I combine this with vaal grace + Inc duration for 10.44 second max dodge when facing bosses or opening boxes.

Acro+phase will prevent stun locks as well.

I originally decided IR was the way to go after reading a lot of other builds, and the consensus seemed to be that physical damage was too high at late game.

But after testing this, i feel that taking just IR isn't enough investment. You really need a lightning coil, AA, grace, more endurance charges, granite flasks, etc. to take advantage of IR and armour.

Acro+phase is just a 5 node investment and definitely more effective than just IR alone.

Edit: if you don't have acuity and haven't invested into any leech nodes, then vaal pact is recommended.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 28, 2015, 6:42:49 PM
-
Last edited by Dazerk on Jul 28, 2015, 7:13:26 PM
Hi all,

I have been unhappy with the performance of this build lately and thats why i haven't worked on it for a while.

I feel that with the items i'm using, ice crash feels a bit slow and clunky. The dps is immense, but the sacrifice to attack speed, and therefore clear speed, hinders it too much and didn't have the free flowing playstyle i prefer.

so i'm planning an overhaul of the build, inspired by the ZiggyD Southpaw Reave:

Technically not a true southpaw since i don't have the secondary weapon in my main hand, and i use soul taker instead of death's hand, but the playstyle is exact.

The dps is on tap so abyssus is not necessary, and the build functions better with attack speed than crit multi.

114 POINT TREE

76 Arid Lake video

I will make versions using less perfect gear soon
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 31, 2015, 12:29:59 AM
so few questions on your build:
1) how do you shock enemies in order for herald of thunder to work?
2) is weapon ele damage+physical to lightning better than something like faster attacks+added fire/fortify? if so, why?
3) do you prefer soul taker for 3 auras or do you think herald ofthunder+hatred with another offhand like deaths hand/doryanis catalyst is better?
4) whats the ele prolif exactly for? since this is a pretty hard hitting build most of the time youd be 1 shotting packs so why use it?
Last edited by zantsurai on Jul 31, 2015, 2:02:14 AM
1. P2L provides the lightning damage to shock pretty much everything.

2. I have used P2L+WED in the past as a way to deal with reflect. But i suppose in light of the leech changes and the toning down of reflect, it might be time to revisit the full physical reave again. Having said that, i am not finding a problem leeching.

3. I like not worrying about mana. But reserving 99% means everything aside from attacks require a blood magic gem. I will drop HoA and try Catalyst next.

4. I'd like to think that the burn prolif extends the death zone even further outside of reave range. There have been occasions of finding loot outside of visible range and that puts a smile on my face. But probably unnecessary.

I'm am just starting to transition to reave and will work out the optimal build shortly

Last edited by fiqst on Jul 31, 2015, 5:49:39 AM
Build is undergoing transformation at the moment.

- rewritten the op to form a reave guide

- added video to op
id like your opinion on whether youd rather use the hoi-coh-am or herald of ash because ive been playing around with the 2 and ive noticed that they each had pros and cons and im leaning towards using herald of ash and not having power charges

hoi-coh-am : i noticed that this will get me to have power charges roughly 50-75% of the time during a map and has about a 3k dps increase (98k) compared to herald of ash (95k)

herald of ash: up all the time although it has lower damage

im testing other option for power charge generation that can make it a bit more reliable because right now i personally prefer herald of ash just a bit over it but would like other views on it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info