[2.0] 二刀流 "Nitōryū" Endgame Reave by fiqst

"
fiqst wrote:
"
zantsurai wrote:

why do you feel using soul taker instead of another offhand to add 1 extra aura/herald is worth it? im having trouble seeing why AA would be better than a stronger offhand

I will have to test with other offhands, but the ability to spam continuously without thinking about mana is quite useful as a form of defence.

"
Etherfire wrote:
Alright, so some thoughts:

1. Go back to armour based. With endu charges, artic armor and all the armour you would get from get from acuity + rat's nest + daresso's and taste of hate you would be able to pretty much ignore phys damage, which is the most dangerous these days. It's pretty much the only thing that kills me.
2. Drop phys to light. You have enough chance to shock with herald of thunder due to the still high crit multi.
3. Get the two crit multi nodes next to fatal blade.

That's about it. Looks great man!

Thanks mate,

Great suggestions, i think I'll do all of the above

Going Armour prbly will be good but keep in mind Daresso's endurance charge mechanic won't work as well since you will be getting hit a lot more often with no dodge.
Last edited by wrxingit on Aug 1, 2015, 10:03:26 PM
What would be the best 5L for reave in my Daressos? I'm playing Warbands so obtaining 6L one is not possible, atleast not at the moment.
"
Smerte wrote:
What would be the best 5L for reave in my Daressos? I'm playing Warbands so obtaining 6L one is not possible, atleast not at the moment.

I'd drop physical to lightning and keep physical damage as high as possible (for leech)
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
Etherfire wrote:
Alright, so some thoughts:

1. Go back to armour based. With endu charges, artic armor and all the armour you would get from get from acuity + rat's nest + daresso's and taste of hate you would be able to pretty much ignore phys damage, which is the most dangerous these days. It's pretty much the only thing that kills me.
2. Drop phys to light. You have enough chance to shock with herald of thunder due to the still high crit multi.
3. Get the two crit multi nodes next to fatal blade.

That's about it. Looks great man!

Ok did about 15 hours gameplay testing your changes:

1. i picked IR, AA, 3x EC, jade flask (+71% evasion), taste of hate.

i found that with only 4800 armour, and the above elements, the build was a little squishy for my liking.

It may be a meaningless comparison, but with dodge i was able to play 76-80 maps with 100% IIQ very agressively without problems, quickly building 30% towards level 94.

As soon as i changed to armour, i died 3 times within a few hours playing with the same intensity, losing all gains.

It may be just luck but its my opinion that armour is only worth it if you invest greatly into it. This includes using grace and/or determination, which i didn't. It seems the best number for adequate armour is 20k+.

So with my limited investment, it just doesn't beat acro+phase.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
out of fiqst's request im posting my duelist variation (with some difference in equipment)

first of all, my gear

explanation:
first of all: i WILL be changing my chest to lightning coil soon
i use abyssus+lc because i feel that as opposed to rats nest+daressos the dps is much higher and lc in combination with taste of hate allows you to pretty much ignore abyssus' increased damage. i personally dislike long fights and i like to take down high life mobs (rares, uniques) quickly. this is somewhat a form of defence because by doing that i give them less time to kill me. if the fights are longer, i might die to misplays, or other random problems like desyncing/dcing

i use soul taker because after experimenting with doryanis vs soultaker (discussed with fiqst), i feel soul taker is better than doryanis by quite a bit. by having soul taker, you have many advantages
1. you dont have to take mana nodes such as mana flows and spirit void, allowing you to take more frenzy charges or more jewel sockets or more hp if you desire (gives more freedom)
2. you get to use the hot-am-coh setup along with hatred+herald of ash(or AA) and generate power charges
3. the amount of crit you get from doryanis is lower than 3 power charges
4. you get cold resist. this can be a pretty important factor if youre using unique items (like i am) and dont have a lot of space for resistances. you want to be able to maximize your resistance. however thats not all, another thing that you should take into account as you progress more through the game is the elemental weakness mod. i planned my items by trying to get at least 109-110% resistances on merciless (since ele weakness mod is -34%) because then i can ignore that mod and think of it as a free mod. of course you can use pots for the map but i prefer to have freedom with my pots where i can. what i mean by this is that i want to be able to not HAVE to have a fire pot and instead i can get an armour/evasion pot or a 3rd hp pot which can be more useful in the long run

now the only advantage i found with doryanis is that you get more elemental damage. you get some attack speed and cast speed but rapiers are fast already and passive nodes and support gems give you insane attack speeds already such that the 10-15% attack speed from doryanis isnt game changing. the elemental damage IS indeed quite a bit but i dont think its enough to justify its use over soul taker.
(another benefit might be price. its about half the cost of soul taker (pretty above average ones go for 3-4ex while cheapest soul takers go for about 6-7 ex)

note: for my resistance, i try to make it so that my resistances in total reaches 169% for cold, 170% for fire and 229% for lightning. reason for this is because in merciless its -60% resistances, and then i take into account of ele weakness which is -34% and then i add in 75% (or 76%) max resist. for lightning, since lightning coil is -60% lightning resistance i take that into account too. (im changing 1 of my rings soon to make the numbers right)

now for my skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAAYB3AUtBbUGIAixDY0R1RQgFHUV7BX2Fr8j9iT9JpUoKioLLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOkI__EMxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUEdRR1VLVvpXl1h1W69fP2BBYeJieWKsY3BlTWyMbWxvO3BSdKB07Xasd9d343gNeWh_K4TZhVKHdorwi0-MC4w2jX2Nv5AKkn2XeZhvm2qdqqZ_qW6tjbGztUi18rkduXy9Nr6nwBrBBMqQz37Tb9Qj2L3ZYdrB3CPdqOOf5FHlz-dU53ToZujW6UbqGOsU7LDtP-1B7w7z6vcy_94=

some details about it:
1. i have a lot of jewels used however those are for maximizing resistances while adding some more damage and adding more int because it was pretty hard to get int and you need 155 for level 20 herald of thunder (which is also why i have 2 int nodes)
2. if i had 155 int without jewels or the int nodes, i would probably still get the jewels or frenzy charges but the int nodes would definitely go towards frenzy charges
3. similar to what fiqst said, i have tried armour in the past and that didnt work out for me. my build isnt the strongest defensively and i feel like that armour is optimized the higher you go (20k+ or so without pots or anything) and that just wont happen without a shield. because of that, armour isnt that helpful and youre guaranteed to get hit every single time with IR. with acro+phase acro+vaal grace, you gain about 75% dodge for 10 seconds. thats enough time to down a boss face tanking them with only a 25% chance of getting insta killed. and if you dont instantly die, you can back out and heal up and the boss, if theyre ranged, will have to roll another 25% chance to hit attack thatll probably miss more often than not. if you are against a hard hitting melee boss, you can just get 4 reave stacks (maybe even use vaal reave at a pack near the boss to get 8) and just kite them from far away and if they do somehow manage to reach you (may happen once rarely) you will survive most of the time with 75% dodge. with armour, if they somehow reach you theyll pretty much always hit you, and if you dont have enough armour, youre dead for sure. even though dodge is rng, the rng is always in your favour by a large margin so i prefer dodge vs armour (i also already have fortify+taste of hate in case i do get hit once)

LINKS:
helm: blood magic-enduring cry-vaal reave-vaal grace
explanation:
-by using soul taker and the 3 auras you dont have any mana to cast enduring cry. because enduring cry doesnt count as an attack, you NEED to have sufficient mana to use it (soul taker doesnt affect it). so with 0% mana youd have to use blood magic to be able to use it
-vaal reave is to get 8 stacks of course. ive been considering putting this somewhere else where i can link multistrike or faster attacks to get the 8 stacks faster because as it is i stand in a large mob risking danger whenever i use this (which is why i dont use it as often atm unless im doing a map that i know is very easy and i wanna breeze through it)
-vaal grace is because i took acro+phase acro and this brings the dodge chance to about 75%. my playstyle is to jump in with vaal grace and taste of hate, hit the boss quickly if there are no mobs, and try to kite them with the large range of reave so that i avoid as much damage as i can

chest: reave-multistrike-fasterattacks-melee phys dmg-fortify/added fire-increased aoe/phys to lightning
explanation:
-standard support gems are multistrike,FA,melee phys
-now if i had lightning coil i would use added fire but because i dont, i have to compensate for it with fortify until i do have it. without it up 100% of the time you lose too much defensive capabilities which is especially important if youre using abyssus (and dont have a lightning coil yet like this idiot here)
-i use increased aoe most of the time for my blue socket, however until i get a 20/20 herald of thunder, im using phys to lightning in order to get those power charges (will get into more detail later)

boots: hot-am-coh
this setup is for generating power charges. now the problem with this is that you NEED a high level herald of thunder (preferably have it 20/20 for best results) because if you dont have a high enough level, you dont do enough lightning damage to shock. i learned about this from fiqst so credits to him but you need to do a certain amount of lightning damage when you crit with your reave (10% hp of mob?) in order for them to shock. because hot isnt like hoa which adds a % damage, the flat damage is fairly low so you need it to be a high level in order for it to be strong enough to even shock
(im still thinking about what i want on the 4th link)

gloves: bloodrage-bloodmagic-whirling blades-faster attacks
explanation:
-blood rage for frenzy charges. i dont think i need to go too indepth here
-whirling blades+FA for travelling (leap slam is arguably better but i dont like it personally even though i sometimes wished id used it. personal preference tbh)
-blood magic is used so that i can infinitely spam whirling blades (i am pretty sure whirling blades works with soul taker but this was from before i got soul taker and i havent found a replacement gem to use)

rapier: hoa-enlighten-hatred
no need for an explanation but a small note: because im using soul taker, enlighten isnt needed but again i havent found a replacement gem so i just left it there for leveling lol

soul taker: enfeeble-summon ice golem-cwdt
explanation:
-i used to run armour and enfeeble would be much better but now that i dont i have considered trying out temp chains since as a reaver with acro you generally dont WANT to be taking hits so temp chains would help kiting mobs. however because against nonunique mobs i play rather lazily and just tank -everything i use enfeeble and see no big reason to change it
-ice golem is used because these things die very easily and with a low cwdt level they can be respawned quickly without having to do it manually (youd have to do it fairly often with their low ass hp lol)
note: i feel any of the golems would be good but i just like ice golem more

finally, stat images: (NOTE: images are without any buffs in hideout)

DEFENSIVE STATS:

OFFENSIVE STATS:
Last edited by zantsurai on Aug 3, 2015, 2:26:17 AM
Oh shit, sorry for getting you killed man :((

I thought combined with your constant endu charges and artic armor, dropping acro might be a good idea, guess I was wrong.

I was thinking about going armor based on my crit sceptre build, but thanks for testing.

One question, how's reflect? By that, I mean map reflect, if you do run those.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
IGN:
DapChaiNhatGiaLai (lv 96 Incinerate Tank (nerf no more)
ChangTraiDenTuGiaLai (lv 91 2H cyclone)
Last edited by lehuynguyen82 on Aug 3, 2015, 8:21:15 AM
Soul taker stats shouldnt matter, right? As it is only used as buff offhand?
"
Smerte wrote:
Soul taker stats shouldnt matter, right? As it is only used as buff offhand?

thats correct. the only stats that should matter is the cold resist mostly and maybe the attack speed if it has a higher attack speed than your sword
fiqst. Would Bino's be possible with this build? and perhaps speccing the dagger nodes instead?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info