[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Because of RNG evasion...would be worth to take Iron Reflexes? atm i have (15K) 55% estimated evasion with 6 frenzies up.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Regarding DPS itemisation, what stats are we looking for?

Crit is worthless to us,
%extra weapon elemental damage works with PA?
Do we even want inc attack speed?

I'm looking for a decent quiver until I can get Drillneck, and besides resses and life, not sure what to look for.
"
redix27 wrote:
Because of RNG evasion...would be worth to take Iron Reflexes? atm i have (15K) 55% estimated evasion with 6 frenzies up.

I thought about this as well. You're going to lose some evasion from Dex (and Acrobatics), but with Blood Magic on clarity and an Alpha's Howl (probably not favoured for most in here due to IIR on the helmet) you could run Grace + Determination to reach 15k+ armour. Did someone try it for this build? Sounds way more safe.
Has anyone done this build on Tempest? Can you PM me with details and such? Thanks!
"
redix27 wrote:

Keep in mind that percentage will go down if you take Iron Reflexes since dexterity will no longer apply to your evasion percentage.

As for "worth it..." evasion's fine, imho. It's a bit more flask intensive, so it depends on your preference and player ability. If you find that you're struggling against phys burst damage, then yeah, I'd swing to iron reflexes. But if you're flask management is solid, it's unnecessary and evasion ends up being a bit better overall, especially once you get 7% extra dodge from the two passives after Acrobatics.

For my money though in an SC league, it's completely unnecessary. You can swap out your Andvarius rings and easily get 4.5k life and go with less MF to power level up to 90-92 or so, and after that deaths are pretty much meaningless.

In fact, the Andy swap is exactly what I did yesterday to push to level 90. I ended up with 5k life to hit the level safely.

"
%extra weapon elemental damage works with PA?
Do we even want inc attack speed?

WED = nope.

IAS = helpful for spreading clouds more frequently, but not necessary and could lead to mana management issues.

There's nothing on regular (rare) gear other than the Leo Damage over Time crafted mod that helps out for damage. The rest is gem links, nodes, Frenzy charges, and then the Drillneck and Carcass Jack uniques.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Ruricon wrote:
For me, it's not about what I get out of dropping BR, it's about what I lose when using it. After I get my frenzy charges up, it only takes me firing once every 14 seconds to keep the charges going, and you're definitely going to be doing this anyway as it's how you curse. With BR, I'd have to use a pot at least once every 14 seconds anyway, it's more risky as I'm under constant degen rather than regen, and I don't actually gain anything from BR other than the instant frenzy charges at the beginning, which doesn't really speed up clearspeed that much.

I'm going to roll today without using Blood Rage just to see how I like it. Although I haven't ran into degen issues yet, you bring up some valid points.

I'm interested as to why you don't take the cluster after acro + phase acro, but you take acro. I'm new to acro builds so i don't really know.
"
NekiTamoLik wrote:
I'm interested as to why you don't take the cluster after acro + phase acro, but you take acro. I'm new to acro builds so i don't really know.

Just a levels thing. Wanted to keep the build at 88 for people with less time to play the game. You invest in those nodes 88+, or if you're willing to eat some life, grab them earlier.
"
Serleth wrote:

Just a levels thing. Wanted to keep the build at 88 for people with less time to play the game. You invest in those nodes 88+, or if you're willing to eat some life, grab them earlier.

Ah okay, thanks, and around what level do you recommend investing into acrobatics?
"
NekiTamoLik wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:

Ah okay, thanks, and around what level do you recommend investing into acrobatics?

Depends on your ability as a player. I personally didn't take it until 86 or so, because my flask usage compensates for it. If you're a little less skilled (not to cause offense, or be elitist, there's just no other way to phrase it), then you can invest it in earlier. I would say around 70-75.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info