[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
2spoons wrote:
Just a note: With the change of recommended links from using Blood Rage to Frenzy for frenzy charge generation (tested it out and REALLY enjoying the new setup), we can drop Master of the Arena since that regen isnt needed. And Soul Siphon is really unnecessary after Goldwyrm's + Clarity for mana. Three more points for life? moar damage?

I'm still using Blood Rage, but realistically speaking I can see dropping the gem all together. The only thing outside the near insta stack Frenzy potential we gain from it is the attack speed. Attack speed is nice when your running Item Rarity over INC AoE, but if you're using a AoE Gem and have a Carcass Jack and a decent attack speed bow even... yeah I've been mulling this one over myself.

Soul Siphon is something I dropped a long time ago, but I also picked up Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit for the Flask stuff, along with INT, and Mana Regen. Rallying Cry is really good for mana. I'm sure there is some tweaking that could be done on how much mana regen we realistically need. Personally I haven't had mana issues at all, even in half-regen maps. However I've just been focused on getting my gear together. Once I get that squared away I will look more intently at the passive tree.

I suggest tweaking it and see what happens. Post your results here. Pretty much what I did with Frenzy CoH. If it works it makes the build stronger it benefits us all.
What would the ideal gem setup be for a lowish budget build?

I have a 5L +2 bow gems bow,usually that means no IIR/IIQ gems, should I add a culling skill to make use of those gems, or just ignore them altogether? (for context, I have either a great chest with 4L, a good one with 5, or a tabula rasa for 6 :/)
Is there any difference between the quantity on nubucks and the maps? Like if i wasnt running nubucks, but used chisels on the map, would that make any difference?
Is any of those bows an alternative?

Spoiler
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Rathke wrote:
What would the ideal gem setup be for a lowish budget build?

I have a 5L +2 bow gems bow,usually that means no IIR/IIQ gems, should I add a culling skill to make use of those gems, or just ignore them altogether? (for context, I have either a great chest with 4L, a good one with 5, or a tabula rasa for 6 :/)
Why does 5l mean no IIR/IIQ gem? I use a 5l bow with +2 to bow gems with pierce, conc effect, slower proj, poison arrow duh, and item rarity
also no aoe nodes and no carcass jack.. it just takes a few maps to get used to your new small AoE but in the end i think its worth it

i havent tried maps higher than 76 tho, but i dont see the need to do high lvl maps on a MF build anyways so i dont care about that at all
"
2spoons wrote:
Just a note: With the change of recommended links from using Blood Rage to Frenzy for frenzy charge generation (tested it out and REALLY enjoying the new setup), we can drop Master of the Arena since that regen isnt needed. And Soul Siphon is really unnecessary after Goldwyrm's + Clarity for mana. Three more points for life? moar damage?

If that's your preference.

It's still not my personal recommendation to use Frenzy as the main source of charge generation. It slows down clear speed due to the stop and fire nature. It's not significant, however. But using Frenzy GMP instead of SA is just a smarter solution for prolonged boss fights when you need to sustain charges and there's nothing else to kill.

So it comes down to your preference.

"
Hey guys really having trouble deciding what to do. I want to make an MF character but can't decide between this or a traditional flame totem build. In terms of ease of play, farming efficiency and the ability to run higher level maps (74+) which build is superior?

I have about 15 ex in currency to spend. I already have a +2 5L Bow, andvarius, sadima's touch, IIR Boots, IIR Helm, Gold ring and amulet. I guess I could spend those 15 ex on another andvarius goldwyrm and drillneck if i choose PA build.

On the other hand, I feel like gearing flame totem MF will be cheaper. All I would really need is a decent wand and a 5L/6L chest?

It's easier to get higher IIR values for FT simply due to the LL option. Without it, the values end up being roughly equivalent. But PA absolutely decimates FT's clear speed. It's not even funny.

Gearing FT MF won't be cheaper. It's the same items, and all you need for this build (realistically) is a +2 5L bow, which costs you 3c for the white 5L and about 100 alts to get +2.

The rest (Drillneck, Carcass, +3 Bow) is just added benefit stuff, not required.

The only real expenditure difference (I guess) for going FT is that it will be easier to get away with Sadima's vs Goldwyrm. Otherwise you're still paying the 5+ex for Andvarius.

It's your call, but once the build is complete, my setup destroys the standard FT's clear speed by 3 minutes per map.

Crit Sire of Shards is a different story.

As for high end maps, FT is safer, but slower. PA is more risky, but faster. I ran 79 maps in Beta no problem.

"
Is there any difference between the quantity on nubucks and the maps? Like if i wasnt running nubucks, but used chisels on the map, would that make any difference?

Yeah. A needless waste of currency. Let's say 20 chisels = 5 chaos. So, every map, you'd be spending an extra chaos. Goldwyrm's I see are down to 2-3ex. Exalts, high end, are 45:1.

So after 90 maps worth of chisels, you could've bought Goldwyrms instead.

"

What Ishamz said: as long as you're fine adjusting to a smaller cloud radius, toss in IIR early.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 23, 2015, 5:39:24 PM
Are we settled on dropping blood rage yet?

I'm still not sure myself. If we have a 4/5 link CoH/frenzy/gmp/vul/chain to curse and stack frenzy with, are we really losing that much time? We do two things at once and free up enough link space for a defensive cast of hit setup.

What is everyone else thinking?
I'm keeping it personally.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Exportforce silverbranch is a viable levelling bow, with a 4l you can run pa/conc effect/inc are effect/ slower proj. Once u get to a higher lvl you will want to follow the op suggestion and spam a 5link bow to get +2 pref a thicket 5l.
I wish... i spent 400jews to 6s it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info