[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
ClinchClonch wrote:
My gear is coming together nicely, and I'm only missing a 6L bow and Carcass Jack (and some marginal rare gear upgrades). Would you prioritize getting one of those sooner than the other? Carcass Jack is naturally a lot cheaper than a 6L, but I can sell off my current 5L +3 bow if I get a new one. Tough decisions. :)

+3 bow for sure. Carcass Jack is a min-max thing, especially if you've been GCP'ing your PA gem.

"
Blah wrote:
Labyrinth boss is quite difficult against this build. Deals high phys dmg, evade/dodge seems ineffective against it. It instakilled my char (4,2k hp, capped res). I was running unid rare map tho so it may had had some extra damage...

Yeah. Lab boss is literally the only boss I skip. I'd rather do Orchard, any day. Plus that cannibalism is a bitch to deal with.

"
Hey, i would like to ask if your build can be played on a new league without any currency ? Like self found item ( gold rings , rarity on helm, etc).

Yep. I played this almost entirely self found to start. The only exception was I bought a white 5L bow. Then I alc'd my own gold rings and amulets until I got some good rarity rolls, I dropped a 26% rarity helmet and 18% rarity gloves, and that set me up to get fully geared with the rest of everything else.

"
haly wrote:
I want to have a base with which to open negotiations on unpriced listing.

Can't really help you here, Haly. Jewels are still very new and settling in prices. Imho, you shouldn't pay more than 2-3 chaos for a two-affix jewel, 6-8 for a 3-affix jewel. But, I could be wrong, and prices could change. That's just my own personal estimate and isn't intended to really be any proper guideline.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 23, 2015, 1:27:01 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
My gear is coming together nicely, and I'm only missing a 6L bow and Carcass Jack (and some marginal rare gear upgrades). Would you prioritize getting one of those sooner than the other? Carcass Jack is naturally a lot cheaper than a 6L, but I can sell off my current 5L +3 bow if I get a new one. Tough decisions. :)

+3 bow for sure. Carcass Jack is a min-max thing, especially if you've been GCP'ing your PA gem.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I currently have a 5L +3 bow. Now the decision is whether to get a 6L +3 bow or a Carcass Jack. :)
"
Serleth wrote:
"
haly wrote:
I want to have a base with which to open negotiations on unpriced listing.

Can't really help you here, Haly. Jewels are still very new and settling in prices. Imho, you shouldn't pay more than 2-3 chaos for a two-affix jewel, 6-8 for a 3-affix jewel. But, I could be wrong, and prices could change. That's just my own personal estimate and isn't intended to really be any proper guideline.

I don't think this is realistic. 2-3c for a two-affix jewel is fine, but let's take a look at the percentages of the affixes given by Nasty Toxic: let's assume you have the two rarest rolls already, increased chaos damage (1.14%) and all-res (2.27%). Then the odds of getting any of the other desirable mods from a regal are 2.84+3.79+3.66+3.79=14.08%. That's 7 regals on average to get a 3-affix jewel, assuming you had the rarest rolls to begin with. If you don't, it'll be more, and if you're looking for a 3-offensive roll jewel, it'll take 53 regals on average. With these numbers, I think around 20-30c is a more realistic price to expect to pay for a 3 offensive affix jewel and around 10c for a 3 affix jewel.

However, we have to keep in mind the demand for something like DoT+Chaos Damage+Area Damage is limited strictly to PA, but a Chaos Damage+Life+Res could be sought after by other builds utilizing Infernal Mantle+Consuming Dark, and Projectile Damage+Life+Res would be sought after by other bow builds, etc. so more realistically we're probably looking at around 20-30c for any 3 affix jewel.
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
ClinchClonch wrote:

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I currently have a 5L +3 bow. Now the decision is whether to get a 6L +3 bow or a Carcass Jack. :)

Ah.

6L bow, imho. Getting that IIR gem in there will accelerate the process of being able to afford a Carcass Jack afterwards.

"
Ruricon wrote:
I don't think this is realistic. 2-3c for a two-affix jewel is fine, but let's take a look at the percentages of the affixes given by Nasty Toxic: let's assume you have the two rarest rolls already, increased chaos damage (1.14%) and all-res (2.27%). Then the odds of getting any of the other desirable mods from a regal are 2.84+3.79+3.66+3.79=14.08%. That's 7 regals on average to get a 3-affix jewel, assuming you had the rarest rolls to begin with. If you don't, it'll be more, and if you're looking for a 3-offensive roll jewel, it'll take 53 regals on average. With these numbers, I think around 20-30c is a more realistic price to expect to pay for a 3 offensive affix jewel and around 10c for a 3 affix jewel.

However, we have to keep in mind the demand for something like DoT+Chaos Damage+Area Damage is limited strictly to PA, but a Chaos Damage+Life+Res could be sought after by other builds utilizing Infernal Mantle+Consuming Dark, and Projectile Damage+Life+Res would be sought after by other bow builds, etc. so more realistically we're probably looking at around 20-30c for any 3 affix jewel.

http://poe.trade/search/akotubohesitok

If that's any indication, Ruricon probably has the correct estimate for where jewel prices will eventually land.

http://poe.trade/search/eonikinametoha

Also seems to support it, but then there's that 6 chaos jewel.

I've been pricing some 3-affix jewels I would consider valuable at around 10-15 chaos and I'm getting 5-6c offers and when I say "no lower than 8", people move on.

Something we'll have to keep an eye on over the coming weeks.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
pretty awesome day today!

dropped this:

1 jeweler for the 6 socket but 300 fusings no 5 or 6 link :(

going to grind alts/jewelers to turn into fusings and try again later.

Bought an andy ring for 2.5 ex that was 55% and 3 divines and 1 blessed later:

then I dropped a tabula and decided to vaal it right away

so today was a good day and it's still early!

still working on the rest of my gear and I locked myself into that stupid belt

Spoiler
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Last edited by AntonChigur on Jul 23, 2015, 2:58:24 PM
Just a note: With the change of recommended links from using Blood Rage to Frenzy for frenzy charge generation (tested it out and REALLY enjoying the new setup), we can drop Master of the Arena since that regen isnt needed. And Soul Siphon is really unnecessary after Goldwyrm's + Clarity for mana. Three more points for life? moar damage?
Finally got a +3 bow, 400jews well spent!

Spoiler
Hey guys really having trouble deciding what to do. I want to make an MF character but can't decide between this or a traditional flame totem build. In terms of ease of play, farming efficiency and the ability to run higher level maps (74+) which build is superior?

I have about 15 ex in currency to spend. I already have a +2 5L Bow, andvarius, sadima's touch, IIR Boots, IIR Helm, Gold ring and amulet. I guess I could spend those 15 ex on another andvarius goldwyrm and drillneck if i choose PA build.

On the other hand, I feel like gearing flame totem MF will be cheaper. All I would really need is a decent wand and a 5L/6L chest?

Thanks guys
"

Spoiler

400 Jewelers, so ~ 2 Exalt? If so, nice grab.
"

Spoiler
you paid 400 jews for a +3 bow?
jeez, gratz. if only i could find these deals

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info