[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
haly wrote:
Question on mechanics. Wiki says % Proj Dmg affects the DoT portion of PA. Why is it then that we pick the DoT passives around Corruption? Surely 10% Proj Dmg on the tree is better than 9% DoT Damage.

That's just a mistake on my part. That 9% should be the 10% proj dmg in Piercing Shots. I've corrected it.

That mistake happened because when levelling, you want the shortest pathing possible to the Corruption Notable. Then you move it out later. Thanks for pointing it out.

"
And also, what's the upper bound (cost) for getting a jewel with:

13% Chaos
10% All Res

And for:

13% Chaos
10% Projectile Damage

Poe.trade my friend.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 23, 2015, 3:28:14 AM
Hello, sorry for my bad english but i learn it playing games and its the first time i asking for help.
im following this build and its my second character 30+ on the poe, i like it and my problems on the moment its with mana for melt the monsters, a pot can resolve it, but i will try fix it. I have a few questions and i hope ur help me :)...

this is my bow now, i buy it for 3c and waste 40 jew for 6s, i want it 5l, its good keep fusing it? 11 fuses goes.

im use the unique and plain use the rare for future andvarius, how mod i can put on the rare before i vaal it?

ice golem or flame golem?
thanks for the build and i have fun playing the poe it, cya!
"
UkaLL wrote:
this is my bow now, i buy it for 3c and waste 40 jew for 6s, i want it 5l, its good keep fusing it? 11 fuses goes.

Save your fusings for a +3 bow.

You can buy a white 5L for 3-5c, and spend 60-120 alts/augs to roll +2 on it.

Compared to 5Ling that bow: about 80-150 fuse (8 alts per fuse = 640-1200 alts).

"

im use the unique and plain use the rare for future andvarius, how mod i can put on the rare before i vaal it?
Ice golem orflame golem?
thanks for the build and i have fun playing the poe it, cya!

The only thing sort of useful to put on the quiver is projectile speed. I wouldn't vaal it though. The additional arrow won't be as valuable as making sure you have the resistances, though I guess quivers like that are probably cheap.

Flame golem.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
My gear is coming together nicely, and I'm only missing a 6L bow and Carcass Jack (and some marginal rare gear upgrades). Would you prioritize getting one of those sooner than the other? Carcass Jack is naturally a lot cheaper than a 6L, but I can sell off my current 5L +3 bow if I get a new one. Tough decisions. :)
Labyrinth boss is quite difficult against this build. Deals high phys dmg, evade/dodge seems ineffective against it. It instakilled my char (4,2k hp, capped res). I was running unid rare map tho so it may had had some extra damage...
"
Blah wrote:
Labyrinth boss is quite difficult against this build. Deals high phys dmg, evade/dodge seems ineffective against it. It instakilled my char (4,2k hp, capped res). I was running unid rare map tho so it may had had some extra damage...

Don't bother, that laby boss is a huge piece of garbage.
Is it worth trying to roll blue bows with +2 and then regaling them for a +3? It can't be any worse than the odds of them straight up dropping, nor the 7+ or so exalts they actually cost.
Last edited by GhostyGhost on Jul 23, 2015, 8:32:12 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

Spoiler

Yep! It will be great as a first character. It sounds more expensive than it is, because you can really start to farm in the currency quite quickly with this build (0.5ex/hr when it's finished). It's more expensive to gear than my Flameblast MF build, but since Proliferation is getting the hammer, I made this guide.

But to give you an idea of how I progressed this build (granted, I had days off, so 8 hour playing days):

Day 1: 0-55ish, Merciless Ledge
Day 2: 56-70, bought a 5L ilvl 64 bow, crafted +1 all gems on it. Bought empower, socketed it immediately (made it level 2). Bought Aurseize and Goldwyrm, got some decent alcs, had about 20/120 MF.
Day 3: 70-78. Dropped Pledge of Hands. Traded it straight up for a +3 bow. Fixed some gear, 20/180 MF.
Day 4: 79-83. Dropped two Alphas Howls, and a Rat's Nest. (1ex each = 3ex). Had enough recipes done and misc currency to have another 2ex worth. Bought Drillneck and 5L'd the bow.
Day 5-7: Took a break from mapping, farmed Docks for sets like mad to sell for fusings.
Day 8 83-86: 1k fusings. Spam. 6L bow. Continued levelling. Dropped more uniques. Sold for Andvarius rings. 20/220 MF.
Day 9: 86-89: Finished the build, put together the guides. And here we are.

So in 9 days (72 hours of playing) I went from nothing to a finished MF build, and was starting to pull in 0.5ex / hr.

Thanks for outlining play time w/ leveling. I appreciate the perspective it provides.

I wanted to run some kind of bow/mf build and this seems like a good one. I play maybe an hour on weeknights and maybe 3 on weekends. So 72/9 = 9 weeks instead of 9 days for me
=D
long road ahead
Hey, i would like to ask if your build can be played on a new league without any currency ? Like self found item ( gold rings , rarity on helm, etc).
"
Serleth wrote:
Poe.trade my friend.

I'm looking for a ballpark figure. The prices on POE trade don't really follow any rhyme or reason.

I see the jewels I'm talking about, all similar in numbers, go for 1c, or 4c, or 10c.

I want to have a base with which to open negotiations on unpriced listing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info